Proposal: Dumoulin for Nichushkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
That's really bad for the Pens and I'm glad that people recognize that Dumoulin now. Like somebody else said, at least a #3 dman. He played like a top pair during the SCF.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
I'm a huge fan of Derrick Pouliot. I really want to see him in our top 4 and not claimed by Vegas. I have nothing against Dumoulin, he's great but I know Dallas could use an upgrade on D, and I'm also a big Nichuskin fan.

Thoughts?

One of the worst ideas I've seen on this board and there have been many. Pittsburgh would be DUMB to do that. Trade our second best Dman for an enigma? Nichuskin's value is DP's, not Dumo's.

DP isn't a top four Dman. Sorry. I'm not sure if he is a top six NHL Dman.

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
The only way I see nuke coming to the pens is packaged with Niemi and a pick for MAF.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Pass on this too.

Why? You are one of those who thinks he will amount to anything in Pittsburgh aside being a healthy scratch? If that trade was on the board for the Pens, I would pull the trigger and not think twice. A lot of people are being fooled by DP.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
The only way I see nuke coming to the pens is packaged with Niemi and a pick for MAF.

That would be the deal that can be made. We have to hope Dallas comes out guns a blazing, but struggles again in net. Then, you have to hope JR does the right thing and trades MAF at the deadline. Losing Murray in the expansion draft would be a foolish idea by the old man moving forward. I know, he just won a Cup ... but this is another year.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Why? You are one of those who thinks he will amount to anything in Pittsburgh aside being a healthy scratch? If that trade was on the board for the Pens, I would pull the trigger and not think twice. A lot of people are being fooled by DP.

And what exactly has Nuke shown at the NHL level? We need defensemen not forwards.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd rather have Pouliot than Nichushkin for no other reason other than the Pens don't at all need another young RWer. The Pens have Sprong, Hornqvist, Kessel and Rust long term at RW, they don't at all need another young RWer. Nuke would become obsolete as soon as next season, when Sprong will be up on the Pens full time.

The only way I'd trade Pouliot is if Schultz shows he can be a 2nd pair D this season and the Pens can get a high potential LWer for Pouliot. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to trade him. I'd rather have Pouliot and run with:

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Pouliot/Schultz
Cole-Schultz/Pouliot

As our D for the next couple years than trade Pouliot for a guy we won't need within a year.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Pouliot has so much potential, if he pans out he can be a #1-#2. I'd rather have that on the pens than a RW we don't need.

People are riding the potential tag on DP too much. Sure, he does. However, potential is a word that gets more GMs and head coaches fired, not hired. Funny, he own coach last year that started the season in WBS with him played him sparingly at best.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
And what exactly has Nuke shown at the NHL level? We need defensemen not forwards.

Sure we need Dmen. I won't debate that. I want Dmen that will have some success. DP has yet to show me anything. Nuke has done more in the NHL than DP at this stage and he is an enigma. Nuke possesses the same impact a DP would, just as a forward. One has had more success than the other and its Nuke, not DP. Fact is, neither are anywhere close to where they should be, but at least Nuke has an excuse. DP doesn't.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Easy no from the Pens.

Easy no to Pens fans who think he can amount to something. There are probably more Pens fans willing to make this move than say easy pass because they know DP isn't as good as advertised. We will see this year. Big year for him. Make or break as far as the Pens.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Oh, OP...no, just...no. Please stop.

Nichushkin would be a luxury for the Pens; Dumoulin was consistently the 2nd best Penguins defender last year.

Pretty crazy to think that this one is lop-sided in the Stars favor now considering where these guys value was even as recently as a year ago.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The Stars run away laughing, having helped fixed their defensive problems at expense of an expendable flight risk.

Pittsburgh feels like Hanrahan from Slapshot after getting chirped about his wife by Reg.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
No way Pens do this. None.

To be fair Rutherford has a history of hilariously shortsighted trades (Ladd for Ruutu, JMFJ/Tverdovsky for Gleason/Belanger). Luckily for the Penguins I think ownership would nix any trade like this one, even if JR was foolish enough to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad