Proposal: Dumoulin for Nichushkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I'm a huge fan of Derrick Pouliot. I really want to see him in our top 4 and not claimed by Vegas. I have nothing against Dumoulin, he's great but I know Dallas could use an upgrade on D, and I'm also a big Nichuskin fan.

Thoughts?

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
2 years ago... this a definite trade for the pens. Now, it's a definite no. Things have changed a lot very quickly.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Abso-freakin-lutely not. Dumoulin is everything the Pens need, Nichushkin would be a luxury.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
You are significantly weakening the Pens D by trading Dumoulin to pick up Nichushkin, who at the moment is unknown commodity because he hasn't been able to put it all together yet. Value isn't equal. Also, if Dumoulin goes, then one of Cole, Schultz, or Pouliot is thrown into a top 4 role :help:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I honestly don't like it for either team.

Wouldn't make it if I were Pens cause we don't know what Nuke will become....

Wouldn't make it if I were Stars cause we don't know what Nuke will become haha

Im a huge fan of Nichushkin and think Stars would be insane to give up on him

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This is hilariously bad for the Penguins. Holy crap, this is awful. Dumoulin is already a #3 defenseman at worst, we don't know what Nuke is yet.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
It's odd that, less than a couple of years ago, I got the impression that Nuke was off the table in discussions about acquiring Myers from Buffalo.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's odd that, less than a couple of years ago, I got the impression that Nuke was off the table in discussions about acquiring Myers from Buffalo.

That is odd, because there was a ton of smoke just in 14-15 about a deal centered around those two players.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
That is odd, because there was a ton of smoke just in 14-15 about a deal centered around those two players.

What I meant was, and my memory could be off on this, most Stars fans shot down the trade based on thinking Nuke was a deal breaker.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dumoulin is a damn near ideal modern day shutdown D-man. Big, rangy, skates and moves the puck well.

He allowed us to move on from Paul Martin and add Phil Kessel last summer.

Nichushkin doesn't do much for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad