GDT: Ducks visit Avalanche 6PM PDT October 18 2024

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
anyone know or have the list of coach salaries? It really wouldn’t surprise me if desperate Cronin was low balled (since he started very old and was running out of time). It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was paid even less than a 5th of the highest paid coaches… because Samueli is a big spender…would love to compare expenditures by team… I’d imagine we spend like the Pittsburgh Pirates or Marlins…

Side note: Who said they didn’t want Colton for Gibby and Georgiev?

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
We need the optimists.
You are correct
Being up 2-1
2-1 record on season. Yes both of those are wants

So in that spirit:
Let’s kill the 5 on 3 to start the period.
Let’s shoot for even possession time
No more dumb penalties despite the refs
And eking out a win by Dostal would be amazing

Honestly the biggest positive to me is the team is scraping out wins despite looking like shit and producing nothing on the PP. If the team gets popping offensively, they could make some noise this year with Dosty playing so well.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
McTavish plays like he doesn’t think anyone on the other team can skate. Every time he gets the puck, seems like he’s surprised when someone is right on top of him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'm sorry but how can so many of you blame that penalty on Cronin? You think he told a 5th player to jump over the boards? The heavy majority of too many men penalties are on the players.
The coach is responsible for teaching the discipline so that guys know how to make line changes without f***ing them up regularly. Supposedly Cronin’s strong suit. Poorly disciplined teams are poorly coached teams.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
McTavish plays like he doesn’t think anyone on the other team can skate. Every time he gets the puck, seems like he’s surprised when someone is right on top of him.

A friend of my daughters is a AA hockey player who has been up to AAA and back and forth. He said the difference between AA and AAA isn't skill but the AAA players play every shift like it's game 7 in the Stanley Cup finals. I don't know why our guys can't skate like that.

Reactions: ADHB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad