GDT: Ducks visit Avalanche 6PM PDT October 18 2024

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t blame Cronin for the too many men penalty but the poor special teams and overall bad quality of offensive/transition games are starting to reflect poorly on him

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Been saying this for years.

Our PP always looks so confused when the other PK applies pressure because they practice against the most passive PK in the league

From what I watch, drop pass entry generally works for every other team around the league because the wide men are skating away from the puck. Everyone on this group is completely stationary watching the puck except for the one guy coming late with speed who’s ahead of everyone else trying to catch the momentum, hence the back passes to no one in a particular area if they have to deviate

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
From what I watch, drop pass entry generally works for every other team around the league because the wide men are skating away from the puck. Everyone on this group is completely stationary watching the puck except for the one guy coming late with speed who’s ahead of everyone else trying to catch the momentum, hence the back passes to no one in a particular area if they have to deviate

Almost every problem with this team comes down to lack of speed and puck support. Which are connected

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
The negativity in here is insane. We are winning and young. We are still going to have terrible games especially against winless contenders with like 3 top 10 players in the league. Let’s we our push in the 3rd.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ok yes valid point but to be fair they don’t have a goalie, landeskog is in all likelihood going to look like late career kesler and nichushkin doesn’t play post season anyways so are they really missing players from their full roster?
Either way, using that cap space would bring them back two near star level players especially with UFAs jumping at the chance to play with Mackinnon and Makar who is still super young.

We are so far from being a .500 club and depend on Dostal standing on his head or some puck luck. I just hope that we don’t go on super long losing runs that suck the life out of the players (and fans). Maybe get a point or win every 3 games is probably the best outcome this year with our prospects find their footing.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
it should be something like 7-1 avs
Yeah I’ve watched the game. It’s not though and we have a period to show some push back. I like to come in here to discuss the game with fans and it’s just the most poison chat on earth.

I don’t expect sunshaine and rainbows but don’t need the season being over either. It’s easily our worst game of the 4 and we are still winning. Let’s see some compete.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Yeah I’ve watched the game. It’s not though and we have a period to show some push back. I like to come in here to discuss the game with fans and it’s just the most poison chat on earth.

I don’t expect sunshaine and rainbows but don’t need the season being over either. It’s easily our worst game of the 4 and we are still winning. Let’s see some compete.
We need the optimists.
You are correct
Being up 2-1
2-1 record on season. Yes both of those are wants

So in that spirit:
Let’s kill the 5 on 3 to start the period.
Let’s shoot for even possession time
No more dumb penalties despite the refs
And eking out a win by Dostal would be amazing

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I have to say: I think the Ducks scouts get a little too much love for finding defenseman and not enough love for their goalie selections. Dostal is carrying this team.
mintyukov looks good and lacombe/luneau have potential, but zellwegger has been unimpressive at the nhl level and drysdale didn't look all that great either, but that's probably because he was rushed

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We need the optimists.
You are correct
Being up 2-1
2-1 record on season. Yes both of those are wants

So in that spirit:
Let’s kill the 5 on 3 to start the period.
Let’s shoot for even possession time
No more dumb penalties despite the refs
And eking out a win by Dostal would be amazing
I’m holding out for Dostal scoring this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad