Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
La Kings new kit looks nice and It’s a big improvement. Anyone bitching about the size of the crest is nitpicking at this point.

The ducks is horrible. Why the hell did they go for a carrot build

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Just because something is different doesn’t mean it’s better.
We can't all have the same taste, but in this case I do think it is better.

If anything, the home uni has too MUCH black because the jersey is weirdly balanced.

However, I also view this as more of a colour palette for the entire league. I love some variety and identity in designs.

In the 90's every team and their dogs' teams adopted black or navy. "Look at us, we're so mean-looking and edgy!" Meh.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
We can't all have the same taste, but in this case I do think it is better.

If anything, the home uni has too MUCH black because the jersey is weirdly balanced.

However, I also view this as more of a colour palette for the entire league. I love some variety and identity in designs.

In the 90's every team and their dogs' teams adopted black or navy. "Look at us, we're so mean-looking and edgy!" Meh.
It’s better than their last jerseys, but that’s extremely low bar.

Also, there are only 3 teams that have black jerseys and exluding Kings they all had them for much longer than since the 90’s.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I don't understand why more sports teams don't get with the program and keep similar colors to other teams in their city:

Kings - Raiders (silver/black)
Pens - Steelers (black/yellow)
The Raiders left LA to return to Oakland in 1994. These days they are in Las Vegas with the Golden Knights. So technically, are you saying the Kings should match with the Rams/Chargers?

Kidding aside, I initially got what you were saying. 😂

I think for the most part, some sports teams in some cities already do this practice. Especially if an owner owns multiple teams across different sports. Or they use their state’s official colors, etc. For example, The Knicks, Islanders, Mets all do this since they use the colors of the NY City flag. For the most part, all NYC area teams except for the Jets/Nets wear a form of blue.
6E17EDDF-EDD5-4D79-889A-35E09C6E851B.jpeg

For the Ducks’ part, I can’t see them ever branding to LA Angels red. People already complain now about orange, imagine if Moreno buys them and rebrand them red. Fans would go bananas.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't understand why more sports teams don't get with the program and keep similar colors to other teams in their city:

Kings - Raiders (silver/black)
Pens - Steelers (black/yellow)

If I had to guess, owners probably figure that if the same color is the shared among 2, 3, or more teams in a given market, than some fans are more likely to just buy and wear a smaller set of clothes knowing that they'll visually blend in when in a crowd anyway. Meanwhile, if a baseball team wears blue, a football team wears red, a basketball team wears gold, and a hockey team wears green, then it's added incentive to have gear for all teams.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Clearer screengrabs from the Ducks’ release video.

They’re not too bad. I don’t hate them. Would the addition of a black strip on the road white’s all orange shoulder yoke have made these a smidge better?
View attachment 887583

Love the logo, love the shirt, too bad the colors are f***ing horrendous

Imagine how good they would be if they were plum and jade

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Not thrilled with the Kings 'new' look but I love the normal number font and the matte finish helmets. I would have preferred the chrome lids for the aways. I would have preferred last seasons third stripping template as apposed to the 90's stripes.

As for The Ducks, I like them because they are different. You'll soon see many beer league teams with Duck Orange sets.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Lots of teams going back in time.

Your turn Bolts. Do the right thing. Funny how so many other teams asked fans and went with their opinion. The Lightning completely ignored the fans.
Nooooooooooo! I mean, do change them, Tampa, but not back to the originals! Beating my own drum here, but this would be amazing:

SVCqhiP.png

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Both look pretty damn good honestly. Love the orange.
That’s my thought, too. Could these have been better? Yeah. There’s always room for improvement. Should the purple/gold & eggplant/jade have returned? Sure. But teams’ fans are never going to be 100% behind any change. These were good compromises to try something “new”
510CE793-EF6B-4FA8-BFFA-43A98472EE09.jpeg

Hey, these could have been a lot worse 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I personally thought the Ducks hit a homerun with the 25th anniversary set and always hoped that was signaling a return to those in the future.

View attachment 887560
View attachment 887561

But we all know the owners are emphasizing the use of orange, so these new all orange sets are a good compromise away from the Webbed-D crest identity that most folks weren’t fans of.
get rid of the shoulder tokes and yup, its a winner

Also have the ducks released any pictures of the jerseys in normal lighting? The reveal video and picture ive seen have all been away too orange.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I like LA’s simple design. Odd large stripe at the bottom. For what it is it’s a B+… probably as good as they could have done

I really like the Anaheim logo and going with orange overall. But I think they overdid it with the orange in some facets. Probably my an A- for me.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
Well it’s an improvement
Both southern California teams spent some time and money on these sizzle reels for their reveals. Is that Kiefer Sutherland on the Kings’ voiceover? Freelance motion graphics folks were working overtime!

I’m impressed there weren’t MANY leaks. Judging from all these shots on the Kings reveal, that’s A LOT of people to have kept any pics off their socials for so long.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad