Ducks & Kings to Unveil New Logos

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The shield was better than whatever this is again, especially if it’s still gonna be black, and they both kind of suck. The purple 60’s one is awesome.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
B8007827-C628-4169-BBE6-1A8A045865DD.jpeg

I think it’s a good update. They nipped and tucked the overall “chevy” banner. More weight in the “Kings” font looks better and Los Angeles is more legible from a distance.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I wish teams would let the past be the past and come up with something new.
Teams do try. It’s just when they release something “fresh and new” the purists are quick to point and complain.

828169B6-C410-4F78-AC1A-5948DF9C40EE.jpeg

Kings tried an entirely different look with this logo. Arguably, the King here looks like it stylistically could have fit in the modern era of bold lines usage. If used as a crest, it may not have been bad, persay. But, the execution of using the new concept logo was just comically done on the jerseys with those gradients competing for your attention
A1D6B60E-4568-4F78-AD25-9902D5AAE2D5.jpeg

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If it’s not purple and gold, I don’t really give a crap what they do. Would love the black-and-white as a third jersey to honor the past, but let’s take this team in a new direction

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Teams do try. It’s just when they release something “fresh and new” the purists are quick to point and complain.

View attachment 884793
Kings tried an entirely different look with this logo. Arguably, the King here looks like it stylistically could have fit in the modern era of bold lines usage. If used as a crest, it may not have been bad, persay. But, the execution of using the new concept logo was just comically done on the jerseys with those gradients competing for your attention
View attachment 884794
That isn't true. This was part of the first push of 3rd jerseys from the NHL. It was a pilot program and the teams had little input on the end result was.

If it’s not purple and gold, I don’t really give a crap what they do. Would love the black-and-white as a third jersey to honor the past, but let’s take this team in a new direction
Im team get black primary coloured jerseys out of the league. Purple for the win. the RR was perfect

Reactions: funky

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The changes are more or less all in principle good individually, but the end result just doesn't really seem to click. Have to think that it would have been possible to create something better without changing the elements too much, now it feels like an unfinished draft. Better than what they had until now though.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The changes are more or less all in principle good individually, but the end result just doesn't really seem to click. Have to think that it would have been possible to create something better without changing the elements too much, now it feels like an unfinished draft. Better than what they had until now though.
i feel like this is one of those designs you can look at and tweak a million times, but then you look back at what you're mimicking and the conclusion should easily be "the old one is better"

i just don't see any improvement over the original 90s chevy, even the new crown looks silly

Reactions: funky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad