GDT: Ducks at Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The Blues played a good game tonight. All this game needed was for Elliot to not be a sieve and make one crucial save.

There are a couple of people in here that think that because the Blues allowed shots against.... that its the team's fault. Our idiot announcers claiming that it was partially Perron's fault for Elliot starting the scoring for the Ducks on a very weak goal was idiotic as well.

STL looks like a team that needs some changes in net.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Not really. Elliot 2 games ago let in 4 goals in 11 shots. Tonight he lets in 3 goals in 3 shots. Keep defending Elliot. I'm going to go do my organic chemistry homework. Good night.

I'm defending Elliott because Halak went through a similar stretch last season and I do believe that hockey is a team sport, not an individual one. The fact of the matter is Elliott can't play like he has to give the Blues a chance to win consistently and the Blues as a team can't play like they have the last 4 games to win consistently.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You mean if I say Elliott played terribly and cost the team the game but point out Halak didn't get this much hate when he was this terrible last year and then am challenged on the point and then factually respond to the challenge am I Elliott's publicist? Yeah, smart take.

I was just messing with ya

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Need these 2 things to happen

Halak to get healthy
Cole to play every game

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Yes, he was.

Game 1, Blues dominate and outshoot Preds 33-16, lose 4-2 when Halak turns in .800 save percentage and loses the team the game, flat out.

Game 2, Blues beat Calgary 5-2. Halak allows 2 goals but is barely tested with 17 shots. Save percentage .882.

(Game 3, Elliott starts and steals two points in San Jose.)

Game 4, Blues outplay Dallas but lose 3-2 when Halak turns in an .875 night, 3 goals on 24 shots.

Game 5, Blues outplay Anaheim on the road but lose when Halak allows 4 goals on 23 shots with a .826 save percentage.

Game 6, Halak is awful in LA, allowing 4 goals on 18 shots and is pulled for Elliott. Save percentage .778

(Game 7-10 Elliott starts, during this stretch he goes 3-1-0 with a .947 and allows 6 goals in 4 games.)

Game 11, Halak doesn’t play again until at Edmonton, where he stinks again in a loss, allowing 4 goals on 30 shots for a .867 save percentage.

So you actually don't have the facts on your side, no matter how much you love the guy.
I know you are bent on winning every argument, but its useless. Dig up whatever you want to, it wont stop Elliot from being a sieve at the moment. Halak is the better goaltender. Elliot is making this team look very, very bad. Hitch agrees. Come off it. Allen will start Monday if Jaro isnt ready.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blues have been so inconsistent already this season, now inconsistent within games. Their goaltending has been unacceptable. If there's some positive it's that if the goalies can turn in even average games the team should have the offensive firepower to win most of those games.

The Blues also need to find their team defensive identity. I saw it on some shifts but there were inexplicable lapses. The offense was pretty decent and the PP obviously continues to be a bright spot.

I was just messing with ya

Fair enough, no worries. You know how easy it is to have testy exchanges after a stretch of games like this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I know you are bent on winning every argument, but its useless. Dig up whatever you want to, it wont stop Elliot from being a sieve at the moment. Halak is the better goaltender. Elliot is making this team look very, very bad. Hitch agrees. Come off it. Allen will start Monday if Jaro isnt ready.
You don't even understand what he/we are saying.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yes, he was.

Game 1, Blues dominate and outshoot Preds 33-16, lose 4-2 when Halak turns in .800 save percentage and loses the team the game, flat out.

Game 2, Blues beat Calgary 5-2. Halak allows 2 goals but is barely tested with 17 shots. Save percentage .882.

Game 4, Blues outplay Dallas but lose 3-2 when Halak turns in an .875 night, 3 goals on 24 shots.

Game 5, Blues outplay Anaheim on the road but lose when Halak allows 4 goals on 23 shots with a .826 save percentage.

Game 6, Halak is awful in LA, allowing 4 goals on 18 shots and is pulled for Elliott. Save percentage .778

(Game 7-10 Elliott starts, during this stretch he goes 3-1-0 with a .947 and allows 6 goals in 4 games.)

Game 11, Halak doesn’t play again until at Edmonton, where he stinks again in a loss, allowing 4 goals on 30 shots for a .867 save percentage.

So you actually don't have the facts on your side, no matter how much you love the guy.

Just look at the numbers. Elliott is allowing more than 1 full goal per game than Jaro was at that point. They were both stinking up the joint, but Elliott has been MUCH MUCH worse than Jaro at that time, and really the numbers you just wasted time looking up actually support the opposition's point.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
Yes, he was.

How many 5 goal games does trhat add up to?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
My bad, guys. I thought we were talking about being mad when our favorite team loses because of goalie play, and how this was happening last year and Halak was costing the team multiple games like Elliott has in the past few. I didn't realize we were arguing how many "5-goal games" there were. When you think about it, that really is the key. 5 goal games. Because and stuff.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues are sucking and we're all pissed. Still plenty of time to get it figured it out. They have too much talent not to.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
You don't even understand what he/we are saying.
Yeah, because it makes zero sense. What does Jaro's or Elliot's numbers from the first games of last year have to do with what we are witnessing RIGHT NOW? What is it you guys are getting at?

That Jaro wasnt great to start last year? Okay, but he wasnt this bad and he's been mediocre to start this year as well, but its better than Elliots meltdown whether anyone wants to believe it or not.

I dont get it. He's [Elliot] been terrible. It is what it is. No doubt that he could turn it around, but Im not an apologist. Im very positive most of the time and Ive given all the Blues the benefit of the doubt. But, at some point I have to come to reality.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
MOD Note: Let's make sure we keep the topic focused on the topic/argument, not the person.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
My bad, guys. I thought we were talking about being mad when our favorite team loses because of goalie play, and how this was happening last year and Halak was costing the team multiple games like Elliott has in the past few. I didn't realize we were arguing how many "5-goal games" there were. When you think about it, that really is the key. 5 goal games. Because and stuff.

You brought up the argument that Jaro was as bad last year at the beginning of the season as Elliott has been lately. You were given evidence to suggest the contrary, and you crafted this quality response. Bad goaltending has led to losses lately, and it led to losses at the beginning of last year, but Jaro never had a stretch as bad as the one Elliott is on right now.

EDIT: Removed portion directly about P9's to avoid moderation.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009

I agree I wasnt happy then or now with the goaltending performances. I was just giving you numbers against the numbers you were using.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
The Blues played a good game tonight. All this game needed was for Elliot to not be a sieve and make one crucial save.

There are a couple of people in here that think that because the Blues allowed shots against.... that its the team's fault. Our idiot announcers claiming that it was partially Perron's fault for Elliot starting the scoring for the Ducks on a very weak goal was idiotic as well.

STL looks like a team that needs some changes in net.

I thought it was partially Perron's fault...he was outgunned by 2men and retained the puck (somewhat) and then even when he was surrounded by 4, he thought he could win the battle vs. sending it around the boards. I liked his game for the most part tonight, but that was a mental gaffe

Does anybody else feel like Polak deserves to be the next player to take a seat?! Hurts saying it, but his play has been poor to say the least...he got benched at the end of the game, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad