GDT: Ducks at Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Elliott is playing very poorly. He cost the Blues 2 points tonight, no doubt about it. However, I didn't see this much vicious bile at Halak when Halak was playing exactly this poorly out of the gate last season.

And it is a fact that Halak was playing just this badly at the start of last season.

So yes, Elliott is playing terribly right now, and anyone crushing the guy who didn't show equal hate for Halak last year early on is a hypocrite.

Expectations, bud. This team is a MUCH better team than the team that started last year.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
He was 1-6-1 to start the season.

He wasn't letting in 5 goals per game, nor did he have the same quality team in front of him that Elliott has now. I know it's only 1.5 years later, but the team is miles ahead of the team that started last year.

OCTA8ON*

Yeah, no way you can say Halak was doing this badly. Elliot against Nashville saved 7 out of 11 shots before getting pulled, and tonight was just way over the edge.

brendan

rip bruv/cudi
Feb 12, 2012
California
He wasn't letting in 5 goals per game, nor did he have the same quality team in front of him that Elliott has now. I know it's only 1.5 years later, but the team is miles ahead of the team that started last year.

pretty much this

6-4-1 is solid

although, we could be much better

h22prelude93

Jan 27, 2010
St.Louis, Mo
However, I didn't see this much vicious bile at Halak when Halak was playing exactly this poorly out of the gate last season.

It is pretty pathetic seeing people call Elliott a "POS' Etc. I guarantee Elliott feels absolutely terrible right now. Why kick someone when there down? I'm really disappointed in some of you peoples responses. :shakehead

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Haha, okay. Let Elliot's performance define the whole team, when everyone else battled hard for most of the game as well as in OT. The team is doing great. The system is working. Elliot, on the other hand, is costing us games. No team in the league can win with their goaltender letting in 2 soft goals per game. Not a chance.
This team is doing great? They just got blown out 11-2 in the past 2 games (and no those games we didn't just lose because of Elliott). They started off with a great 1st period tonight and then came out in the 2nd looking like **** again, and lost again. 4 game losing streak, getting outscored 22-10 in the last 4 games. 11 games, 13 points overall.

No this team isn't playing great. Not acceptable at all. They have been sloppy, not playing as physical, not getting pucks in deep at all, turning the puck over, they are NOT playing the system.

Yeah Elliott is ******* and drained the energy out of the team tonight but take off your homer glasses because you don't know what you're talking about. The Blues are not playing great. We're at .500 since the home opener and that was an easy win because Detroit wasn't prepared at all.

OCTA8ON*

It is pretty pathetic seeing people call Elliott a "POS' Etc. I guarantee Elliott feels absolutely terrible right now. Why kick someone when there down? I'm really disappointed in some of you peoples responses. :shakehead

It's not like he is reading what we are saying…This is professional sports with billions of dollars involved. Either perform or get out.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Eh, sometimes it's hard to keep emotions in check. Hockey fans are known for being the most rabbid and attached to their team and it shows.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
He was 1-6 to start the season.

First 7 games, Halak had a save percentage of .843.
And yet Jaro is 3-0-0 and Elliot has lost 4 in a row with an .853 Sv/P with a GAA of 3.51.

He's terrible right now. There's not even an argument. Jaro hasnt been good but he is a step up from Elliot. A big step up.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Halak had a 3.58GAA and a .843SV% in 6GP October of last year.

This February in 5GP, Elliott has a 4.99GAA and a .814SV%, not including tonight's game.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
When Halak is back, enough of tandem BS. Play Halak 8 of 10 games or when he only needs a rest.

OCTA8ON*

This team is doing great? They just got blown out 11-2 in the past 2 games. They started off with a great 1st period tonight and then came out in the 2nd looking like **** again, and lost again. 4 game losing streak, getting outscored 22-10 in the last 4 games. 11 games, 13 points.

No this team isn't playing great. They have been sloppy, not playing as physical, not getting pucks in deep at all, turning the puck over, they are NOT playing the system.

Yeah Elliott is ******* and drained the energy out of the team tonight but take off your homer glasses. The Blues are not playing great. We're at .500 since the home opener and that was an easy win because Detroit wasn't prepared at all.

You're saying the Blues (minus Elliot) didn't battle back hard, support the puck carrier, and play within the system? Are you kidding me? The Blues were doing many things right except a few lapses in the second period which were magnified due to Elliot being in the net. The team battled back pretty hard tonight. I'm not talking about last game or the one before.

I'm talking about as of tonight. We put up 31 shots and scored 5 goals. With any other goaltender in net, we would have had the win.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dear god, both sucked, but I guarantee both felt worse about their play. Elliott will eventually bounce back and everyone will be loving him again. Some off you are being ridiculous.

OCTA8ON*

Halak had a 3.58GAA and a .843SV% in 6GP October of last year.

This February in 5GP, Elliott has a 4.99GAA and a .814SV%, not including tonight's game.

Do the calculation again and include tonight's statistics. Then, we will compare.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
And yet Jaro is 3-0-0 and Elliot has lost 4 in a row with an .853 Sv/P with a GAA of 3.51.

He's terrible right now. There's not even an argument. Jaro hasnt been good but he is a step up from Elliot. A big step up.

I'm not debating that. Elliott's play has left much to be desired.

However, the whole team hasn't been playing well. That's all I'm saying.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Do the calculation again and include tonight's statistics. Then, we will compare.

It will be about the same. Either way, not even including tonight's travesty of a game, Elliott has been FAR worse than Halak was at the beginning of last year. The point has pretty much been made.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You're saying the Blues (minus Elliot) didn't battle back hard, support the puck carrier, and play within the system? Are you kidding me? The Blues were doing many things right except a few lapses in the second period which were magnified due to Elliot being in the net. The team battled back pretty hard tonight. I'm not talking about last game or the one before.
Haha, you are satisfied with how they are playing right now? Whatever man, not going to argue but that baffles me. The Blues are not playing well right now at all. They played a good HALF a game tonight. The 2nd period was absolutely dreadful. It boggles my mind how you think they're playing great, because they aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad