GDT: Ducks at Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Elliott is playing like complete crap, but there is no reason in the world he should have been anywhere near that net by the time the shootout came about.

Elliott has been beyond terrible, but Hitchcock has got to pull him. I don't care if it is Jake Allen, Elliott should have been pulled. Hitchcock left him in, Hitchcock is to blame for the eggs that get laid.

OCTA8ON*

I feel so bad for Backes and the guys who worked so hard tonight. They were biting bullets all over the place. Allen starts Monday if Halak is unable to. No exceptions.

Maxil

Feb 4, 2012
ya know what..

thinking about it, I couldn't think of another game better to get us out of our funk than against LA on monday.. we had a lot of good runs tonight. We put that up all night against LA and we might just get a engine restart in st louis.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Where the flying **** is Andy McDonald? He better be injured or else Hitchcock is a complete moron for not using him.
Yeah. There better be a reason why Berglund took that attempt over McDonald.

The real problem is the pathetic Brian Elliot. Gives up the first goal on a weak shot and that's all she wrote. Gave them momentum and let them know that the goaltending blows. All of that leads to confidence for the other team.

EVERY mistake should not end up in your net. But that is what is happening with Elliot in there.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Another pathetic loss. This team is garbage to watch right now.

Elliott is just brutal, I cannot watch him start another game for at least several weeks. I don't care who the hell is in the net, just not him. The guy is so damn bad right now.

Polak looked horrible tonight. Don't know what his deal is.

Stewart actually played well, 3 points and then a shootout goal. Hopefully he can stay confident and keep that up. Shattenkirk and Steen played really well too. But then other players just played sloppy.

But man this team is aggravating. Really the only good news is that Langenbrunner is out and will be replaced by Porter or someone.

Alklha makes a good point, Hitchcock deserves blame too. If McDonald isn't injured, there's no reason he shouldn't go 1st or 2nd in every shootout.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hitch just said that if Jaro is not ready, they're playing Allen. Thank God!!!

Maxil

Feb 4, 2012
Hitch saying Allen will start if Halak can't go monday, or did I mis-hear that?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Man Elliott has gotta feel terrible, but man he's brutal.

I think the Berglund call to waive off the goal was a good call personally.

We can only blame ourselves. 4 losses in a row. Not looking good at all.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Elliot needs to be honorably discharged. Hasnt made a crucial save all year. Hitch agrees. Allen to start monday if Halak isnt ready.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Elliott is playing very poorly. He cost the Blues 2 points tonight, no doubt about it. However, I didn't see this much vicious bile at Halak when Halak was playing exactly this poorly out of the gate last season.

And it is a fact that Halak was playing just this badly at the start of last season.

So yes, Elliott is playing terribly right now, and anyone crushing the guy who didn't show equal hate for Halak last year early on is a hypocrite.

OCTA8ON*

Another pathetic loss. This team is garbage to watch right now.

Elliott is just brutal, I cannot watch him start another game for at least several weeks. I don't care who the hell is in the net, just not him. The guy is so damn bad right now.

Polak looked horrible tonight. Don't know what his deal is.

Stewart actually played well, 3 points and then a shootout goal. Hopefully he can stay confident and keep that up.

But man this team is aggravating. Really the only good news is that Langenbrunner is out and will be replaced by Porter or someone.

Alklha makes a good point, Hitchcock deserves blame too. If McDonald isn't injured, there's no reason he shouldn't go 1st or 2nd in every shootout.

Haha, okay. Let Elliot's performance define the whole team, when everyone else battled hard for most of the game as well as in OT. The team is doing great. The system is working. Elliot, on the other hand, is costing us games. No team in the league can win with their goaltender letting in 2 soft goals per game. Not a chance.

OCTA8ON*

Elliott is playing very poorly. He cost the Blues 2 points tonight, no doubt about it. However, I didn't see this much vicious bile at Halak when Halak was playing exactly this poorly out of the gate last season.

And it is a fact that Halak was playing just this badly at the start of last season.

So yes, Elliott is playing terribly right now, and anyone crushing the guy who didn't show equal hate for Halak last year early on is a hypocrite.

Halak played below par for a couple of games, but it wasn't THIS much of a joke. You can't say they were on the same level.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

Halak wasnt giving up 5+ goals a game. He was giving up 3 and the team couldnt score goals to help him out.

I was in that mindset until he let the Ryan goal in. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad