Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The D is reworked a little
1719452445416.png

Reactions: QuackAttack90

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
the old D wasn’t that bad on its own, and it’s small enough on the shoulder that it doesn’t really matter, but I think the modified one is just a lateral move after those tweaks

Yes it looks more like a ducks foot, but honestly I can’t take anyone seriously when they say they never noticed before. It’s the same as people who are surprised the flyers logo is a P, or the wild is a bear head silhouette. It’s not that hard see…

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Think I’ll get a new hat at the Flock party and try to scrounge up some money for a jersey over the summer. Think I’ll do the away one since I already got 2 orange thirds.

Reactions: lwvs84

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
It’s fine, whatever. Just a jersey. I recall seeing some awesome mock ups using jade/orange/etc and a unique logo. Sad that fans usually do better than the teams

Reactions: Boo Boo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Everything I see (the ''influencer'' involvement from the area; the comments about not being LA, the build up, etc) makes me love our marketing team. They're doing great, IMO, and I'm super happy (proud???) about that.

The logo is fantastic. As much as I liked the webbed D and still do, it is clear it is not a too good of a primary logo. Imo, it is a fantastic altternate/shoulder-patch logo tho. Seeing our new logo on the draft board is just amazing.

The jerseys, as I said, I believe are good but not great. I think the black usage is a bit awkward in a full uniform. The coloring/lining could had been more clever, perhaps less attached to the previous designs. But hey, it's unique, and it looks good.

Overall, super happy. :) Zegras posted on Insta this, btw. His facial expression was confusing at first, but it seems the photographer just taksed everyone to do their weirdest ''looking into abyss'' impression :laugh:

Cheers everyone, this was a long time coming :)

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Just noticed the new logo is 'missing' the second eyehole. Now I can't unsee it, and it kinda looks like a pirate or Popeye.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
New logo is actually pretty good all things being considered, feel like they didn't bastardise it so that's a positive. Certainly an upgrade on the webbed D.

Even though I'm not a fan of the orange explosion and much prefer the old colours, the jerseys are pretty solid IMO. Certainly better then any of the previous orange jerseys the team have had. It's probably just me, but I'm not really a fan of the bottom half of the home jersey and the orange on the top of the away jersey, just looks strange seeing the photos almost like two jerseys have been merged together into one.

I really like how the name and number looks on the back, the additional accenting(?) really stands out.

No doubt the uniforms will get tweaked over the next couple of years anyway.

senseimike

Dec 6, 2015
Anyone know why the Ducks are so insistent on orange *and* gold in the jerseys (since the "D" jersey in 2010)? The 2 colors mix so poorly IMO

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyone know why the Ducks are so insistent on orange *and* gold in the jerseys (since the "D" jersey in 2010)? The 2 colors mix so poorly IMO
As I understand it, the orange is strictly to pay homage to the team being located in Orange County and differentiating themselves from anything Los Angeles (wide right turn from how the Angels decided to market themselves with the "Orange Country" tagline.

As far as the gold, I didn't do too much digging at the time but what I remember from the 06-07 rebrand was the team wanted to change their colors to give themselves more of an intimidating edge with a name like "Ducks". And I'm pretty sure I saw that they wanted to utilize the black and gold as a parallel to the Army collegiate athletics color scheme. (Bill Foley (Golden Knights) wanted to do the same thing and tried to go as far as name the team after Army's Black Knights but obviously couldn't for copyright reasons.) Or it could just be an homage to California being the "Golden State."

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyway. Came to the thread to say that I keep flip flopping on the black accents but I still somehow end up finding the jerseys visually pleasing. I think going orange helmets and pants is doing too much with the point they're trying to make but it's still an improvement.

But that logo re-design really makes me so pleased; to think that this will be the main logo for the team going into the future. I really feel like the accents and recoloring make the logo pop better. Not that the original wasn't incredible. But the more I've looked at it the more I could've been more than okay with an eggplant teal jersey with the crest being the way to incorporate and pay homage to Orange County. In any case, it was always such a great logo and I'm glad it's back to stay (hopefully forever).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad