Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
If trouba is going to leave Detroit off his list then there is no reason this HAS to wait for Monday.

If trouba doesn't want to leave NYR then all he and his agent need to do it's build out his nt list to tie Drury. It's not that hard to id 16 teams throughout the league that probably wouldn't trade for him anyways. So all he needs to do is add the 15 other teams to his list that might trade for him and then Drury is locked.

If trouba doesn't want to be traded he just submits a list like this
Ntc Anaheim
Boston
Ntc Buffalo
Ntc Calgary
Carolina
Ntc Chicago
Colorado
Ntc Columbus
Dallas
Ntc Detroit
Edmonton
Florida
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Ntc Montreal
Ntc Nashville
New Jersey
NYI
Ntc Ottawa
Ntc Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Ntc St. Louis
Ntc San Jose
Seattle
Tampa
Ntc Toronto
Ntc Utah
Ntc Washington
Winnipeg
Vancouver
Vegas

I've virtually landlocked him into staying in NYR by accounting for teams available cap space for his contract, team need for the position, team focus on analytics, and just using a brain about who would/wouldn't actually add him (like Winnipeg isn't trading for him).
Counterpoint…Detroit may be on his list. Gives him leverage. Edmonton may be on his list. Edmonton. Buffalo may not be on his list. New York State.

May be some teams where there is a former coach. That could work both ways.

Different players and agents go about things differently. Especially if he was really thinking he was about to be traded. If he is traded, we’ll probably find out who was and wasn’t on his list.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
People love news but doesn't Trouba have a NMC till Monday? Try to relax a bit folks. You have a while until next season.

HANK30

Tom Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
Wings fan here, I only really watched the Rangers in the playoffs (I always seem to jump on the Rags bandwagon the past few years). How much of Trouba sucking was the injury and how much was him actually sucking now? Seems from the main boards most Rangers fans don't like him the past few years and it's the latter.

Honestly, I'd kinda be happy enough just to get a washed up Trouba just for some more elbows against mofos lol, it sucks so bad when your team both sucks and is soft as hell like the Wings recently

Trouba is a big hitting defenseman but always seems to take dumb penalties and be out of position.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Cant NHL teams be 10 % over the cap in the summer?
If you're telling me and that's accurate then it must be. I don't know. I don't claim to know all that, I'm just saying I thought it made sense that the trade happen before free agency so that Drury knows who they can and can't sign.

Suppose they can be over the cap, they manage to sign a couple of good players, but then can't land a trade partner for Trouba, then what.

We saw other teams today make big trades and clear cap. Drury likes to out wait himself.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
There are like 4 legitimate days of news until next season. Everyone in the NHL hits their cottages for the next few months starting mid next week.
They can wait till Monday. No games will be won or lost by then. :D

If you're telling me and that's accurate then it must be. I don't know. I don't claim to know all that, I'm just saying I thought it made sense that the trade happen before free agency so that Drury knows who they can and can't sign.

Suppose they can be over the cap, they manage to sign a couple of good players, but then can't land a trade partner for Trouba, then what.

We saw other teams today make big trades and clear cap. Drury likes to out wait himself.
As I mentioned before I think Trouba has a full NMC until Monday. I could be wrong but that is what I thought I read.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Counterpoint…Detroit may be on his list. Gives him leverage. Edmonton may be on his list. Edmonton. Buffalo may not be on his list. New York State.

May be some teams where there is a former coach. That could work both ways.

Different players and agents go about things differently. Especially if he was really thinking he was about to be traded. If he is traded, we’ll probably find out who was and wasn’t on his list.
My point was based on IF trouba doesn't want to leave the rangers that 15 team ntc can be worked in such a manner that he can make the odds very likely that he stays here...

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
In the Detroit thread they had a deal posted from some guy who I dont know how credible he is as Trouba 2.5m retained + kappo for Veleno, Holl who Rangers will buy out and a 4th.

If that is the deal its horrid.

Reactions: mas0764

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
My point was based on IF trouba doesn't want to leave the rangers that 15 team ntc can be worked in such a manner that he can make the odds very likely that he stays here...
Is staying here while pissing off the entire Front Office and fanbase worth it?

In the Detroit thread they had a deal posted from some guy who I dont know how credible he is as Trouba 2.5m retained + kappo for Veleno, Holl who Rangers will buy out and a 4th.

If that is the deal its horrid.
The buyout terms for Holl stink

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Is staying here while pissing off the entire Front Office and fanbase worth it?
For some people it can be if their personal/family situation and geography is that important to them. I'm not saying he is going to do it, I'm saying he can. Big difference. People are acting like on Monday he's gone no matter what just bc it's a 15 team ntc. It's not always that simple

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
For some people it can be if their personal/family situation and geography is that important to them. I'm not saying he is going to do it, I'm saying he can. Big difference. People are acting like on Monday he's gone no matter what just bc it's a 15 team ntc. It's not always that simple
He also opens up the opportunity to be waived on Monday, and picked up by a team he wants no part of. Its a gamble for him.

Reactions: bhamill

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I can’t imagine that Drury started shopping Trouba with out knowing whether or not he would accept a trade to Detroit or another destination.
That's probably why they asked Trouba to submit his 15-team list early. Since we haven't heard anything to the contrary, I would guess that (a) he submitted the list and (b) Detroit isn't on it.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
That's a fair point, but how many teams are really taking on the full 8m? Objectively, how many are actually going to do that?
If the Rangers knew with certainty of any, they’re likely not trading him with retention as it is. But all it takes is one and it’s a massive gamble for Trouba who specifically wants to be in a city where the hospital program is conducive with his wife’s employment.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If the Rangers knew with certainty of any, they’re likely not trading him with retention as it is. But all it takes is one and it’s a massive gamble for Trouba who specifically wants to be in a city where the hospital program is conducive with his wife’s employment.
I'm probably wrong, but I really don't think Rangers want to try that move again....league is already suspicious about the Goodrow "waiver" deal.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I'm probably wrong, but I really don't think Rangers want to try that move again....league is already suspicious about the Goodrow "waiver" deal.
They’re only suspicious because of the relationship Drury has with Grier and how it was reported on. If they waive him and he gets picked up by Philly, nobody says a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad