Ducks 3rd Jersey, Uniforms & Logo Discussion continued

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
That is definitely not AI and most likely a real leak. Too many details look right. It's debatable if they look good or not, but the overall visual style has finesse that professional designs have and fan-made mockups often lack.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck and Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t understand how people don’t recognize Troy Terry. That’s 100% him
Ya looks like terry and Fowler to me, you can even see the 9 from terrys jersey

Am I reading too far into things if it is legit(and is fowler and terry) that we arnt using zegras to market new uniforms? Who is far and away our most marketable player

Last edited:
Reactions: Beckett

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
For whatever reason the lack of tape at the top of the stick really bothers me :laugh: why not add it? Tge stick looks unfinished

Reactions: Vaakou

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Ya looks like terry and Fowler to me, you can even see the 9 from terrys jersey

Am I reading too far into things if it is legit(and is fowler and terry) that we arnt using zegras to market new uniforms? Who is far and away our most marketable player
I actually don’t think so. Zegras is far and away their most marketable, fashionable, popular player. To not use him is telling IMO

Reactions: Beckett and Kalv

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I wouldn’t look too far into who was used in a leaked photo. It’s possible those other guys have a promo shot as well that didn’t get leaked, or maybe Fowler and Terry were the guys available because they’ve been with the team long enough to be here in SoCal for the offseason. Carlsson isn’t even in the United States

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Guys, relax. As others have pointed out, the picture is most likely a still / framecap from a promo video the Ducks shot and by no means was this supposed to be the promo picture for the new logo and uniforms.

Zegras will most likely be the first player to show off the new logo in a sneaky gnarling face of his and then they'll have Carlsson, MacT, Fowler, Terry, Gudas and Gibson or Dostal somewhere else, too.

Expect the promo video to drop on Thursday next week, so they get as much attention as possible for their 3rd overall pick on Friday next week during the draft.

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I actually don’t think so. Zegras is far and away their most marketable, fashionable, popular player. To not use him is telling IMO
This is only a screen grab from a video that’s definitely a part of a larger rollout package, so there’s the chance there’s more than just Cam and Troy. There’s also a chance of schedules not lining up, like maybe this was done when the world championships were going on. But otherwise, yeah, it’s a bit notable if he’s not part of it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It would take some time to get used to an all orange home look, with helmets and pants. Same as with SJ going from the black helmet & pants to All Teal look last season.

Nashville with their yellow, at least their pants are Navy. Kind of grounds the like. Like an all white kitchen. Where if the island is a darker wood or even painted a darker color kind of grounds the space.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Guys, relax.
Hugo - GIF - Imgur

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Who cares which players are in a leaked screenshot? This could easily be for a post reveal promo video. Also possible the leak changes the way they end up doing the reveal. Or, the team leaked it on purpose to get people talking.

With how tight of a ship the Ducks run, I wouldn't be surprised if this was on purpose

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
With how tight of a ship the Ducks run, I wouldn't be surprised if this was on purpose
I was thinking about this yesterday. I don’t think this is what they did, but it would have been a crazy move to leak an ugly jersey that could theoretically be the new look, and then reveal the actual jersey to be significantly better than the leak. Like you lower everyone’s expectations, then blow them out of the water.

DucksDefender10

Mar 6, 2012
That would be the ultimate troll move and would make the Ducks organization look like geniuses. Especially with how important the logo is to the fans. Agreed it's unlikely but it would be amazing if they went this route.
I was thinking about this yesterday. I don’t think this is what they did, but it would have been a crazy move to leak an ugly jersey that could theoretically be the new look, and then reveal the actual jersey to be significantly better than the leak. Like you lower everyone’s expectations, then blow them out of the water.

Reactions: Son of Gib

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
That would be the ultimate troll move and would make the Ducks organization look like geniuses. Especially with how important the logo is to the fans. Agreed it's unlikely but it would be amazing if they went this route.
It’s risky thought because you better be 100% sure the leak is worse than the actual jersey. It would be a disaster if it turned out that people liked the fake one more.

Reactions: DucksDefender10

DucksDefender10

Mar 6, 2012
It’s risky thought because you better be 100% sure the leak is worse than the actual jersey. It would be a disaster if it turned out that people liked the fake one more.
Exactly. Looks like there's been mixed emotions on Twitter about these too. Guess we'll just have to wait to the official reveal or if we get a better quality picture. But realistically I think these are from the reveal video like someone mentioned above.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
My two cents is that it looks fine, I guess? It's a lot better than any of the previous attempts to shoehorn the old logo into the new brand or anything with the webbed D, which is more suited to being a shoulder patch.

The orange needed to be toned darker to make it work as a primary uniform colour and the masked logo needed adjustments to work better with the new palette.

I wish we could just have eggplant and jade, but Samueli apparently loves his orange and gold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad