Confirmed with Link: Duchene to CBJ

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What a great deal , we get a #1 center , now have Duchene , Pld, Jenner down the middle , that matches up with about any team , aside from Toronto , Pitt . We give up 2 guys that may not even be impact nhl players . Will most likely get a first back in another deal , and Wennberg becomes redundant . What a great day to be a #cbj fan

I agree with this, if Duchene signs a contract. If not, you're playing Russian roulette.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Quite a bit for Duchene IMO. I mean if he re-signs it might make a little more sense if the team loses Panarin, but that's still quite a haul, with or without the conditional 1st rounder.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
So the way the lineup looks now, Wennberg looks like he's sort of been forced out of a top 6 spot unless he moves over to wing. Makes me wonder if you guys would consider something like this as 1/2 of our next move.

Wennberg + Bob to FLA for Hoffman + 1st.

First, this is assuming we have some sort of assurance from Duchene that he'll resign, then we can use that 1st as part of a deal to get Quick, and hold onto Bread. Does that intrigue anyone?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Well we're kind of all in at this point. You are now trying to sell Duchene. I don't see how you can trade Panarin or Bob at this point, you are signaling playoff run.

Bobrovsky? No. Panarin? Yes. If you can get a better return for Panarin than you gave up for Duchene, you come out positive overall. Especially if he signs a new contract with us.

This is a great trade. IMO, we didn't really give up that much. I'm not that high on Abramov and our first round pick will hopefully be in the 20's.

Reactions: Toe Pick and Monk

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So the way the lineup looks now, Wennberg looks like he's sort of been forced out of a top 6 spot unless he moves over to wing. Makes me wonder if you guys would consider something like this as 1/2 of our next move.

First, this is assuming we have some sort of assurance from Duchene that he'll resign, then we can use that 1st as part of a deal to get Quick, and hold onto Bread. Does that intrigue anyone?

Yes, I like it

Reactions: GoJackets1

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Quite a bit for Duchene IMO. I mean if he re-signs it might make a little more sense if the team loses Panarin, but that's still quite a haul, with or without the conditional 1st rounder.

I completely disagree. We didn't really give up that much for a player as good as Duchene.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
It will be interesting to see what they do with Wennberg now. Pay $5 million for a 4th line center? Of course they have already been doing that with Dubie. But Dubie has that extra role of being the guy to win critical face offs. It seem to me that Wennberg has got to go.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Two “ok” prospects and a first round pick in the 18 and up range for a #1C is “quite a bit”? Ok....

Reactions: Bobcat110

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Great deal imo. I don't see Bread going anywhere now (this season). I think the Jackets are in it to win it. I'm not sure Duchene puts them over the top but it sure as sh*t makes them a better team.
My guess the more to come is a conditional 2020 first if he re-signs with Jackets and maybe Wennberg (regardless if he re-signs or not)?
Hats off to Jarmo on this one.

I love the trade. I am sure a ton of people will still complain. They complain if we make a trade. They complain if we don't make a trade. They complain if we are buyers. They complain if we are sellers. Some people just like to complain.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I would, in this case, consider the source. And normally I don’t hate AP, but “word around the league” is the same as “heard it from a friend.” Entirely too vague for me.

He might be right, but I remain skeptical.

My only pause would be, well, if he's been hearing about it for a week, why wouldn't he at least float it out there as something he'd heard? He only did it after he got traded here, which makes it a little less believable. However, he is connected, so my concern remains pretty high.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018

Wenny + Bob for Hoffman and 1st? If this happens i ride a bike all the way from Finland to Columbus. (Maybe need a ship for sea part but still...)

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wenny + Bob for Hoffman and 1st? If this happens i ride a bike all the way from Finland to Columbus. (Maybe need a ship for sea part but still...)
Yeah, I would be very happy with this type of move as well, which makes me wonder, is it fair value? Cuz it kinda seems like it is.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Yikes that’s 2 firsts given up if he re-signs

2 firsts (hopefully in the 20's), if he signs a new contract, and 2 okay prospects is cheap, IMO, for a first line center. How many first round picks have we made on centers? How many first line centers have we drafted? We would be lucky to get a first line player, let alone a first line center, with either of those first round picks.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
85047B1A-6946-49B6-9FAC-46DB2DF105F4.jpeg

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I love the trade. I am sure a ton of people will still complain. They complain if we make a trade. They complain if we don't make a trade. They complain if we are buyers. They complain if we are sellers. Some people just like to complain.
Pffft...........people who complain about people who complain.............:shakehead

people.............they're the worst.....

Reactions: CBJ Tiffin

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Heavy futures hit, but, frankly, we've got a very good prospect system so I'm not too concerned. Ottawa had to get a 1st back, so I'm not all that shocked there. Could end up working out very nicely.

It's not some kind of screaming deal, but I do think it makes the team better.

We have a good prospect system.
We have a young NHL team.
Our firsts will hopefully be in the 20's.
We didn't trade any of our top prospects.

Not sure how anyone can dislike this trade.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, I would be very happy with this type of move as well, which makes me wonder, is it fair value? Cuz it kinda seems like it is.

Wenny + Bob for Hoffman and anything would be fair price. Wenny just dont get his potential loaded up. Bob is a top5 goaltender but summer will be UFA if Bob have a contract for 3-4years left id say Hoffman + 1st is the right price. Thats only my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad