Confirmed with Link: Duchene to CBJ

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Even with the addition of Duchene, I tend to think we're another top six forward away from really making a real play and with the Lighting right now you're hoping someone else knocks them out if you manage to have things come together. I'd also like to see a veteran backup for Bob.

I guess we're taking the opportunity in front of us, just not sure I like the timing... We shall see.
For serious. The Lightning are the cream of the crop, we’ve seen how those games go. Need to beef up as much as possible if we indeed are making a run since we will probably see them at some point, in some round.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Two firsts? Absolutely no doubt in my mind Panarin is gone.

There is no way Jarmo gives up two prospects, and potentially two firsts for a rental without having a plan to regain some of those futures.

Doing this early gives him some padding to now work the Panarin deal. I think we hang onto Bob.

Buy/sell baby!

That seems like rearranging the deck chairs to me. Why say you’re gonna “go for it” then immediately get rid of the main guy who would help you go for it? Only way this happens is if we get a 1st + roster player who can replace Panarin which is unlikely to happen unless he re- signs where he is traded.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
For God's sake people, we gave up a pick that will probably be no better than 15th and hopefully more like 18-20. Next year's pick if Duchense re-signs will probably fall into the same range. And the Jackets, if they can add a decent LW will have a pretty good top 6 att he cost of another mid range 1st.
And I don't think Bread is traded now. Could be wrong but I think they went all in.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Good luck to the two youngsters in their new club, hopefully Abramov works out better than the last Russian we sent them.

If there is a Bread trade, it's gotta be done on Sunday, huge four points the next two days

Reactions: Sore Loser

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Congrats on Duchene. I am curious what you guys think of this deal.

It's all futures, hard to get upset at it really. It is the kind of move that a big boy franchise makes, with mixed results. If we re-sign Duchene, it's a big win for the franchise. We would have two legit top line centers on the team. That makes a difference in the post season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Good luck to the two youngsters in their new club, hopefully Abramov works out better than the last Russian we sent them.

If there is a Bread trade, it's gotta be done on Sunday, huge four points the next two days

Huh? TDL is 3:00 pm Monday.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For God's sake people, we gave up a pick that will probably be no better than 15th and hopefully more like 18-20. Next year's pick if Duchense re-signs will probably fall into the same range. And the Jackets, if they can add a decent LW will have a pretty good top 6 att he cost of another mid range 1st.
And I don't think Bread is traded now. Could be wrong but I think they went all in.
Seems that way to me too - I suspect JK would still be willing to listen if someone comes up with a good "1st+roster LW" type deal for Panarin, but is inclined to keep him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Now Jarmo should send some more prospects to Florida for Hoffman.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. Love that we got him. I am okay with giving up Davidsson and Abramov too asw ell as the pick. Seems like a fair deal to me.

2. WTF NO EXTENSION??? f***ing horseshit

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I almost predicted this. Or proposed it, not sure (let's pretend :D).

I posted one that was 1st + Abramov + Carlsson + useless roster piece.

And another that was 1st + Davidsson + Peeke + useless roster piece.

Jarmo maybe came out with a better deal, Carlsson and Peeke are worth more than Abramov and Davidsson in my opinion, and we also got Bergman back from Ottawa. No useless roster piece going to Ottawa, that's a plus or a minus, depending on who you imagined it would be.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I'm ok with it if we can move Bob and get a pick back next year. If not we're pretty light there.
Still hoping (against hope) that we can make a run and Bread will stay as well.

I'm not a Big Duchene fan but we got him at a good price (for a rental) and if we resign him it's probably about what we needed to pay to get a legit top 6 center.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
That seems like rearranging the deck chairs to me. Why say you’re gonna “go for it” then immediately get rid of the main guy who would help you go for it? Only way this happens is if we get a 1st + roster player who can replace Panarin which is unlikely to happen unless he re- signs where he is traded.

Not a rearranging when you now move out a guy you know wants out for a center (a huge position of need) that at least has some potential to resign. We can also now offer him the 8 year mega deal.

And I also think Panarin is a better player who should return more.

I just do not under any circumstance see Jarmo paying this price and then losing all three UFAs for nothing and this team may not even make the playoffs. I would be leading the fire Jarmo charge if that is the case.

Think about this very real possibility for 2019-2020.

OUT:
Panarin. Bobrovsky. Duchene. 2019 first round pick. Abramov. Davidson

IN:
Playoff run which is not even guaranteed.

This team has to win the cup to justify that. I just do not see Jarmo risking all that.

You deal Panarin you recoup a lot of that risk while adding a game breaker in Duchene with the possibility to resign.

I think Jarmo knows what he can get for Panarin before pulling this trigger.

Will see how it shakes out.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I like it. Two middle prospects and probably two late first round picks for the a #1 center. There are of course ways this looks bad, like if we miss the playoffs this season, overall I'm incredibly excited that we didn't need to give up Wennberg in this deal. Now we can use Wennberg for either a separate deal or move him to the wing were he realistically belongs.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I would, in this case, consider the source. And normally I don’t hate AP, but “word around the league” is the same as “heard it from a friend.” Entirely too vague for me.

He might be right, but I remain skeptical.

Also, what does he mean by apparently? Does he mean, hey Jarmo traded for him so it must therefore mean he will talk extension with CBJ? Cause that's just conjecture and not reporting. Which he is famous for.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
What I hope happens:
Bread for Fiala and a 1st, trade Bob for something, and get Quick.

What I expect to happen:
We acquire a 2nd pair defenseman as insurance for Murray, hope Gavrikov can step into the lineup when his KHL season is over, and maybe look for a lower end top 6 LW, maybe a little bit below the Zuccarello level, and roll into the playoffs with:

Panarin-Duchene-Atkinson
TRADE-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Nash/Duclair-Wennberg-Hannikainen

Werenski-Jones
Murray/TRADE-Nuti
Savard-Gavrikov

Bob
Korpi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad