Dubois

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

15 Year deal. Signed in 2006.

They're still paying him until 2029.
Thats prob worst contract in league history.. with PLD there are two blunders - the trade and the contract of which I think the contract is historyically bad. I think if you combined PLD trade + contract its looking to be one of the worst ever - assuming things stay about the same

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I think I finally get why BLuc had to have PLD. He’s their version of Jozef Stumpel. Big center but not a play driver. These guys are the reincarnation of the DT era.

Superficially, there are reasons for high hopes. But, management takes half measures on the key decisions, and you’re left with mediocrity.

If we lived in some backwater, you could live with this. Hopefully there remain enough Kings fans to see through managements preferred narrative.

Reactions: jtalton

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
PLD is still only 25. Besides this season, his worst season is the other season was he was traded. Maybe next year he has a breakout year? He admitted halfway thru this year it’s an adjustment.

The one game Kopitar missed a few weeks ago, they put PLD on the top line and he scored a goal.

After next season, the Kings have only one year of Kopitar. Who takes over as the 1C? Byfield? He will be 23 years old and spent the last two seasons primarily on the wing. Danault will be 33-34 and only two years left on his deal.

Kings best prospect is a RHD, there is no future star center.

Trying to be optimistic here. Dude is still a 3rd overall pick.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
PLD is still only 25. Besides this season, his worst season is the other season was he was traded. Maybe next year he has a breakout year? He admitted halfway thru this year it’s an adjustment.

The one game Kopitar missed a few weeks ago, they put PLD on the top line and he scored a goal.

After next season, the Kings have only one year of Kopitar. Who takes over as the 1C? Byfield? He will be 23 years old and spent the last two seasons primarily on the wing. Danault will be 33-34 and only two years left on his deal.

If we were betting on corn futures, then sure, you can be patient after one bad season when dealing with a sure thing.

But this is pro sports and Pierre is not a sure thing.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

^See everybody, this is the exact type of delusional thinking that demonstrates why PLD may still be tradeable before July 1st.

There's lots of people around the league that would think something similar.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Trading PLD to the east makes sense, even if you lose on the trade its still worth it to dump that shitty contract. You do the deal especially if its for a goalie. Not sure the Isles would want another C though, I think Boston would be a better spot.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think I finally get why BLuc had to have PLD. He’s their version of Jozef Stumpel. Big center but not a play driver. These guys are the reincarnation of the DT era.

Superficially, there are reasons for high hopes. But, management takes half measures on the key decisions, and you’re left with mediocrity.

If we lived in some backwater, you could live with this. Hopefully there remain enough Kings fans to see through managements preferred narrative.
Stumpel was a hell of a lot closer to Kopitar than Dubois. He was a very good two-way center who went over the ppg mark a few times during the dead puck era. He was highly unappreciated during his run here.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Trading him anywhere makes sense.

If anyone in our division or conference was dumb enough to acquire him, I'd happily oblige. I actually think it's preferable.
No one is going to trade for him. LA is his third stop and the tiger ain't changing it's stripes. IMO, it'll have to be a buyout

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
Stumpel was a hell of a lot closer to Kopitar than Dubois. He was a very good two-way center who went over the ppg mark a few times during the dead puck era. He was highly unappreciated during his run here.
Agreed, my only issue with Stumpy was he couldn't hit the net with a slap shot to save his life.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
13:15 of 'cardio' is generous
Bacardio is more like it.

1714409585757.png

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

I was trying to be hopeful and was thinking the same thing but PLD just has no fire in him. he's got a big body, decent hands but he plays like he's Lizzo's size without the heart. its so sad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad