Confirmed with Link: Trade: Pierre-Luc Dubois to Washington for Darcy Kuemper… the trade is one for one

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Columbus => Winnipeg => LA => Washington... wonder where PLD goes to next?
Definitely a steal if you guys can get him going at least back to 60 point form, but that's a tall ask when he's been lazy on 3 different occasions IMO.

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
I severely underestimated GMBM. I was expect maybe a Zegras that I could have seen the point but I never expected such a disaster of a move by the big guy lol. Finally get rid of Kuzy to trade for Kuzy 2.0 with a horrific contract lol. Nothing like paying your 3C 8.5 per year 😆

Reactions: Block

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Ok, read up a bit, this guy's crap and on a huge contract. Why on earth did we do this then?! We've spent all season trying to lose bad contracts

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
A big swing for sure. I am forward focused so it is what it is. Staff must feel he turns it around and is a big piece of the future.

I like he is closer in age to our youth - signing a 30+ UFA long term could be in deep decline when our youth are still strong.

Happy to move on from DK. Wish him well. I expect we might extend Chuckie or is the plan one more year and they Clay - dunno.

CapFriendly (with PLD) shows just shy of $13M. Still need to sign CMM and Beck which should be at or below Oshie’s LTIR (which I now expect) so lots of room for a D or other piece.

I hope they move PLD to the wing. May help him with this as being perceived as a fresh start and fills the most immediate hole, and can reassess next summer.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I severely underestimated GMBM. I was expect maybe a Zegras that I could have seen the point but I never expected such a disaster of a move by the big guy lol. Finally get rid of Kuzy to trade for Kuzy 2.0 with a horrific contract lol. Nothing like paying your 3C 8.5 per year 😆
I was in the hold tight camp. But shit canning Kuemper changes the equation.

You can pay your 3C $8.5m, when your 1C is on an ELC. And your 2C makes $5m.

If PLD is motivated, this is a massive win.

Did I mention how awful Kuemper is? Will LA just buy him out?

Reactions: Roshi

aonb

Oct 26, 2013

i don't think motivation is going to be an issue

for the first two weeks, like in LA lol
in his case, its not about circumstances. he's just not a dedicated hockey player. he is talented guy and his production comes from pure skill and bit of a luck.
watched a few LA games this season, and he was invisible 99,9% of the time until he scored a goal or passed the puck nicely. literally heard his name mentioned only once or twice outside of when he scored. definition of floater. just hope he'll regain some of his scoring touch because he won't change his attitude, its not an option

Reactions: PlushMinus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This is Mantha all over again, except this time the player is signed to a $8.5M deal that runs until 2031.

PLD isn't useless, but he isn't going to live up to the expectations placed upon him by his contract, draft position, and perceived potential. Calling his effort levels "inconsistent" is about as kind as you can be. His play away from the puck has plenty of warts. He will show the flashes of beating a defender to the net or using his size around the crease that will get you hopeful, but then he'll vanish for games at a time. There's a reason this former 3rd overall pick is now heading to his 4th different team by age 25.

Reactions: Block

Todd Lazarchick

Oct 15, 2019
I was in the hold tight camp. But shit canning Kuemper changes the equation.

You can pay your 3C $8.5m, when your 1C is on an ELC. And your 2C makes $5m.

If PLD is motivated, this is a massive win.

Did I mention how awful Kuemper is? Will LA just buy him out?
So you’re advocating spending that much on a 3C who puts up….16G and 40PTS??? PLD wasn’t motivated in Columbus. Wasn’t motivated in Winnipeg. Wasn’t motivated in LA. But his 4th stop is the trick?

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
This is Mantha all over again, except this time the player is signed to a $8.5M deal that runs until 2031.

PLD isn't useless, but he isn't going to live up to the expectations placed upon him by his contract, draft position, and perceived potential. Calling his effort levels "inconsistent" is about as kind as you can be. His play away from the puck has plenty of warts. He will show the flashes of beating a defender to the net or using his size around the crease that will get you hopeful, but then he'll vanish for games at a time. There's a reason this former 3rd overall pick is now heading to his 4th different team by age 25.

These are fair criticisms, which go way back to junior hockey.

But He has great skill. Curious to see what Carberry can do with him.

Plus, Kuemper is really terrible.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Im not happy about PLD contract. The 8 years NTC is a big minus
Dumping Dracy and Keeping all our picks and prospects is a plus

If PLD had a contract closer to Wilsons it wouldnt be so bad.
Do I love it? No.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
So you’re advocating spending that much on a 3C who puts up….16G and 40PTS??? PLD wasn’t motivated in Columbus. Wasn’t motivated in Winnipeg. Wasn’t motivated in LA. But his 4th stop is the trick?
Again, criticisms of this player are justified. But he was the 3rd overall pick. His talent is undeniable. From a cap perspective, it’s ok.

I would say look at high picks, like: Bennett, Rheinhart, Strome, now PLD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad