Drew Doughty

Randall Graves*

Here's the problem with you Randell, you miss the point entirely. That's exactly the kind of crap you always invade Kings threads with. You are color blind with the black and orange and are about as interesting to talk to as stuffed mallard. Who gives a crap about Bobby Ryan or that you called him as a great player long before everyone else.

We know you hate Doughty because you hate everything Kings, right?
The thread was not about me or the ducks

you made it about Bobby Ryan

the Kings fan

I gave my opinion and as usual you guys can't reply to the topic and do a bait and switch.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

the Kings fan

I gave my opinion and as usual you guys can't reply to the topic and do a bait and switch.

This is the last I will respond to you becasue this thread will be closed soon. You came in disrespecting kings fans and their opinions on Doughty. Your comment did nothing to further the conversation and only served to inflame. I made a statement about Ryan to prove that anyone else can be just as disrespectful to the Ducks players. Do you think I honestly believe that about Ryan? Anytime I have ever witnessed your conversations about the Kings or their fans it has always been in poor taste. I don't like you, I don't like the Ducks. It is probably best that we don't talk to each other any more. Mods, I'm sorry the thread has gotten out of hand. The best post so far has been Hans and the conversation should stay geared that way.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's right.

On a good team he is not getting all those minutes

I said to both of you that I agree with that.

What I'm contesting is that he did well with those minutes, while Flapjack contests he did jack **** with them. He also didn't address the second-pairing defenseman thing, but judging by the way this thread is going, the both of you are just going to hand-pick what you respond to.

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

This is the last I will respond to you becasue this thread will be closed soon. You came in disrespecting kings fans and their opinions on Doughty. Your comment did nothing to further the conversation and only served to inflame. I made a statement about Ryan to prove that anyone else can be just as disrespectful to the Ducks players. Do you think I honestly believe that about Ryan? Anytime I have ever witnessed your conversations about the Kings or their fans it has always been in poor taste. I don't like you, I don't like the Ducks. It is probably best that we don't talk to each other any more. Mods, I'm sorry the thread has gotten out of hand. The best post so far has been Hans and the conversation should stay geared that way.
I merely pointed out why he got the minutes he did, that he's good but still makes lots of mistakes.

Nothing I said was wrong, or of a trolling nature, it's MY OPINION, it's a discussion board

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Okay it takes alot for me to reply to something like this... i dont like come off as a kings homer but i think DD will become more then a 2nd pairing dman in the future. But ur entitled to ur opinion. The thing that rubs me the wrong way is for you to say what ur saying so matter of factly. Also to claim to be the HF Hawks expert laughable. If i remember correctly the hawks board is slow moving... most of there fans using a different site. So yea expert... dont get me started on the sex symbol bit either...

Flapjack*

Reality
between Orr(I would die if he became as ggod as #4) and Rafalski(he'll be better than this imho). Reality is between the two.
Bourque's where I want him to be:naughty:

And i said in my eyes, not that its the truth.

Come on, theres nothing about Doughty that screams Orr, thats extremely unrealistic.
As for the Bourque comparision, Bogo is more like him, as hes more physical.

I think extremely highly of Brian Rafalski, and still dont understand how in the hell thats a bad thing.Id rather have Rafalski on the Hawks than Campbell if that means anything.

FlapJack- HF's Blackhawk expert, and a mans man

Flapjack*

I said to both of you that I agree with that.

What I'm contesting is that he did well with those minutes, while Flapjack contests he did jack **** with them. He also didn't address the second-pairing defenseman thing, but judging by the way this thread is going, the both of you are just going to hand-pick what you respond to.

He got big minutes on a mediocre team.
I watched alot of games and saw alot of rookie mistakes, but, even while playing all these minutes many King fans like to bring up, he was making the same mistakes late in the season that he was making at the beginning.

Bogo came in and was head and shoulders the best player on the ice many games towards the end, that is what made me stop and recignize that he was special.

Never once did I say he was bad, or he sucked, I said he has the makings of being a solid second pairing defenseman, a Rafalski type, how is that bad?
This over reacting over somebody offering their opinion is childish. Next time, leave it in the Kings forum if you dont want others offering an unbias opinion, an opinion that isnt even bad to begin with in the first place.

Flapjack*

Okay it takes alot for me to reply to something like this... i dont like come off as a kings homer but i think DD will become more then a 2nd pairing dman in the future. But ur entitled to ur opinion. The thing that rubs me the wrong way is for you to say what ur saying so matter of factly. Also to claim to be the HF Hawks expert laughable. If i remember correctly the hawks board is slow moving... most of there fans using a different site. So yea expert... dont get me started on the sex symbol bit either...

Uh......yeah...........

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I know being physical is not just a statement on whether you get in fights or not, but Bogo got into more fights in his rookie season (3), than Bourque did in his whole career (2), according to hockeyfights.com.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
Drew is going to be in elite player in the NHL and is a first pairing d-men.

He has the most overall skills out of any other Kings player on the roster right now.

This kid's going to be certified.......

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca
I appreciate opinions from other teams fans, but I think you need to watch Drew more.

Kid has all-star written all over him....

Honestly, I don't see your comparison to Ray and Bogo at all. Maybe I need to watch more Atlanta games.

He got big minutes on a mediocre team.
I watched alot of games and saw alot of rookie mistakes, but, even while playing all these minutes many King fans like to bring up, he was making the same mistakes late in the season that he was making at the beginning.

Bogo came in and was head and shoulders the best player on the ice many games towards the end, that is what made me stop and recignize that he was special.

Never once did I say he was bad, or he sucked, I said he has the makings of being a solid second pairing defenseman, a Rafalski type, how is that bad?
This over reacting over somebody offering their opinion is childish. Next time, leave it in the Kings forum if you dont want others offering an unbias opinion, an opinion that isnt even bad to begin with in the first place.

LAX attack*

Wow Randall and Flapjack, HF's 2 big anti-King guys, showed up in 1 thread

Happens suprisingly little, though the amazing thing is that their trolling has not been removed from HF yet.

McSorley 33

Feb 9, 2005
Yorba Linda, Ca

the Kings fan

You being a Ducks fan, I would assume you watch your fair share of King games also and was curious about your opinion of Doughty.

You would have to agree that this kid is going to be great; He's going to be a special player.

eldiablo17

Aug 22, 2007
Doughty is going to be the best defenceman in the West in three-five years

Doubt it.

You are forgetting about Keith, Burns, Weber, Suter, and Erik Johnson for starters. Pietrangelo is going to be there and Phaneuf will be too if he learns to play D. Add on an abundance of quality young up and comers like Seabrook, Edler, Ericsson, Grebeshkov, and Vlasic. Not to mention players enterring their primes like Kronwall, Gilbert, and Bieksa.

Doughty is going to be a very good defenseman but he has a ways to go before he is among the elite in the conference.

Randall Graves*

You being a Ducks fan, I would assume you watch your fair share of King games also and was curious about your opinion of Doughty.

You would have to agree that this kid is going to be great; He's going to be a special player.
Yes he will be good, but most of his mistakes get overlooked due to his age, then we argue about the minutes he played, when in reality a contending team couldn't live with the mistakes he made

Flapjack*

Doubt it.

You are forgetting about Keith, Burns, Weber, Suter, and Erik Johnson for starters. Pietrangelo is going to be there and Phaneuf will be too if he learns to play D. Add on an abundance of quality young up and comers like Seabrook, Edler, Ericsson, Grebeshkov, and Vlasic. Not to mention players enterring their primes like Kronwall, Gilbert, and Bieksa.

Doughty is going to be a very good defenseman but he has a ways to go before he is among the elite in the conference.

Lidstrom will always be the man until he retires.

After that, Keith will be reguarded as the best defenseman in the West as long as hes on a west coast team.

Doughty will be good, just not elite level like a Duncan Kieth.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
He is going to be a first pairing defenseman for a long time in this league. He's already solid in his own end. Offensively, he is great as bringing the puck up, he has good vision, and he's a pretty decent skater.

In his prime, I see him as a Norris candidate for about five years straight. He'll get one of them eventually.

Also to Flapjack, are you serious? Self proclaimed "HF Blackhawks Expert"? :facepalm:

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
I hope this is sarcasm

It wasn't. Most Kings fans think that.

Looks like we finally agree on something.

He is good yea, but he isn't going to be one of the 3 best defensemen in the league anytime soon. In fact, he isnt the best defenseman 21 or younger, but that is a different battle.

Will he be the Kings #1 for years to come? Yes. A very serviceable #1 d-man. But some people are looney to think he is the next Orr or Lidstrom.

5 years from now as far as the west is concerned it will be Weber, Keith, and Johnson that are the elite Norris candidates.

LAX attack*

Doubt it.

Well hate to break it to you, but he's already better than Edler, Ericsson, Grebeshkov or Gilbert, and its not a stretch to say that he's superior to Kronvall or Bieksa, or a currently concussed Burns

Analyzer*

It wasn't. Most Kings fans think that.

Looks like we finally agree on something.

He is good yea, but he isn't going to be one of the 3 best defensemen in the league anytime soon. In fact, he isnt the best defenseman 21 or younger, but that is a different battle.

Will he be the Kings #1 for years to come? Yes. A very serviceable #1 d-man. But some people are looney to think he is the next Orr or Lidstrom.

5 years from now as far as the west is concerned it will be Weber, Keith, and Johnson that are the elite Norris candidates.

Jack ?

Go figure a blues fan saying Johnson will be an elite norris candidate.

5 years from now Shea Weber will be 28, just entering his prime. He'll be superior to Johnson(Not superior, but better at probably everything.). Notice all the love for Green and his amazing offensive display for a defenseman this year ? He'll still be around and young too. I think it is you who needs to watch Doughty more.

Erik Johnson and Drew Doughty will both be amazing defensemen for years to come, but they won't be worlds apart like you seem to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad