Drew Doughty

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
He is a number 1 d-man potential but to say he will be top 3 in the league in a couple years is biased la king fan ridiculousness.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
While I think the rest of your assessments are fair (I may or may not agree), this

How so?

He has plenty of time to prove me wrong, but in all honesty, I see him regressing on his performance this year instead of getting better, he walked into a pefect situation in LA where he saw alot of minutes, and thats about it.

FlapJack- HF's Blackhawk expert

Proves that you either didn't watch him, are trolling, or are purposely bending the facts to your will.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Flapjack lost all credibility when he included Keith with Chara and Lidstrom. Keith is good but take the Blackhawk homer glasses off.

Flapjack*

Flapjack lost all credibility when he included Keith with Chara and Lidstrom. Keith is good but take the Blackhawk homer glasses off.

Thats a big gap between Lidstrom, Chara, and Keith.

Say Keith is in the top eight defenseman in the league, which, he is, Doughty is nowhere near that.

And while there are plenty on this forum who wear Hawk rose coloured glasses, ask around Iam not one of them, I call it like I see it, and Iam pretty much dead on in my opinion.

Randall Graves*

When did a second pairing defenseman who plays the power play become a bad thing?

Theres nothing so far that says Doughty is the next Lidstrom, and from watching him, he has plenty to learn before anybody can put him in the class of the upper echelon of defenseman like Lidstrom, Chara, Keith, etc.

He wasnt even a finalist for the Calder, even with many here campaigning for him to be, HF writers included, while I predicted the final three correctly, stating it wasnt even close.

Bogo dominated in the NHL, Doughty was good, but wasnt even the best rookie defenseman last year, that being Bogo.But again, a second pairing defenseman isnt a bad thing.

FlapJack- HF's Blackhawk expert.
Careful, You're a "troll" if you don't proclaim Doughty the best young D in the game and a future Norris winner.

(cues kings fans pointing out his MPG)

I'll counter that on a good team he never gets that many minutes because of all the rookie mistakes he made

Randall Graves*

While I think the rest of your assessments are fair (I may or may not agree), this

Proves that you either didn't watch him, are trolling, or are purposely bending the facts to your will.
He's right.

On a good team he is not getting all those minutes

Flapjack*

Careful, You're a "troll" if you don't proclaim Doughty the best young D in the game and a future Norris winner.

(cues kings fans pointing out his MPG)

I'll counter that on a good team he never gets that many minutes because of all the rookie mistakes he made

Ive noticed this.

How come one cant offer an unbias opinion without being labeled a "troll"?

Its an easy out, and while many might or might not agree with somebodys opinion, rather than calling ppl names, why not debate what it is those who dont agree with you and find out what it is they are trying to get across? You might not only learn a few things, but learn something about yourself in the process.

Its what makes message boards a cornicopia of vast knowledge, a mental buffet, a quest for unanswered riddles that might shed some light on the recesses of the mind.

I cant, for your mental happiness, stop providing my wisdom and knowledge.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
When did people compare Bogosian to Bourque? Ive heard non-Kings fans compare Drew to him, but never Bogo.
And the only guy blatantly against Drew(in my eyes) him is Flapjack, and thats all that is needed to say. And he is one of the better D-men in the game, but not a Norris contender for a while.
And Kane, Toews, and Keith are in for BIG raises after NEXT season

Matt Foley-HFs Kings fan with rationality for the most part on Drew Doughtry.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
If Bogo had played a whole year, nobody would be talking about Doughty, but even in limited action Bogo made more of an impact, and Iam not knocking Doughty, I just think he isnt as special as Bogo, thats MHO.

You should probably take the H out of MHO.

Flapjack*

When did people compare Bogosian to Bourque? Ive heard non-Kings fans compare Drew to him, but never Bogo.
And the only guy blatantly against Drew(in my eyes) him is Flapjack, and thats all that is needed to say. And he is one of the better D-men in the game, but not a Norris contender for a while.
And Kane, Toews, and Keith are in for BIG raises after NEXT season

Matt Foley-HFs Kings fan with rationality for the most part on Drew Doughtry.

How am I against Doughty by giving my opinion, an opinion that states hes a second pairing defenseman who should be a PP mainstay, comparing him to Rafalski, like thats a knock on him?

Somebody compared him to Orr, is that what you want to hear, or reality?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
How am I against Doughty by giving my opinion, an opinion that states hes a second pairing defenseman who should be a PP mainstay, comparing him to Rafalski, like thats a knock on him?

Doughty is already one of the better defenseman at rushing the puck. Rafalski rarely did in his prime and he still doesn't.

hans

Apr 13, 2007
westwood
This thread went downhill in a hurry.

Doughty's a good defenseman now, probably a great defenseman soon. But he's not going to be a top-3 defenseman in the league for at least six or seven years, if ever. And neither is Bogosian, or Erik Johnson or anyone else. It takes a lot of time and experience to become a great defenseman no matter how much talent you have.

Randall Graves*

Randall, Ryan's a no count hack who had Getzlaf bank 30 goals off him.

Be gone you quacking troll. How you have not been booted off of HFBoards is beyond me.
Bobby Ryan had more goals than your captain last year, in fewer games, at a fraction of the price.

But that's not the topic, is it?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008

Reality
between Orr(I would die if he became as ggod as #4) and Rafalski(he'll be better than this imho). Reality is between the two.
Bourque's where I want him to be:naughty:

And i said in my eyes, not that its the truth.

We may as well lock this thread which is to be a bashfest
And Randall, you are the one Ducks fan I cant stand. Every time you post in a thread involving the Kings is about how we suck and how the Ducks/Bobby Ryan are so awesome.
And Bobby Ryan is on an ELC, so his contract is obviously less than Brown.

Flapjack*

How many Doughty games have you honestly watched? The kings defense improved by leaps and bounds and if don't think Doughty was a huge part of that you're a moron. Stepping in as an 18 your defenseman and playing at the level he displayed shows how elite this kid will be. Bashing on him for no good reason other than you have nothing better to do but piss off a bunch a kings fans is asinine.

How am I bashing him, again?
Where have I said he sucks, or stuff like that?
Where havent I stated I offered my opinion, like it or not, and offered to debate?
When did a second pairing defenseman become a bad thing, again?
When did Rafalski become a bad player?

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Bobby Ryan had more goals than your captain last year, in fewer games, at a fraction of the price.

But that's not the topic, is it?

Here's the problem with you Randell, you miss the point entirely. That's exactly the kind of crap you always invade Kings threads with. You are color blind with the black and orange and are about as interesting to talk to as stuffed mallard. Who gives a crap about Bobby Ryan or that you called him as a great player long before everyone else.

We know you hate Doughty because you hate everything Kings, right?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Here's the problem with you Randell, you miss the point entirely. That's exactly the kind of crap you always invade Kings threads with. You are color blind with the black and orange and are about as interesting to talk to as stuffed mallard. Who gives a crap about Bobby Ryan or that you called him as a great player long before everyone else.

We know you hate Doughty because you hate everything Kings, right?

Randall reminds me of that ***** Orangepuck who was banned from LGK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad