Player Discussion Drake Batherson (RW) - Part II

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
He needs to be on the right with Brady and Tim.

Brady needs to be the slowest winger on his line for it to be effective. Giroux’s pace makes Brady have to stretch out the ice more, and keeps him away from more stationary battle areas.

Batherson can forecheck and keep it moving in the neutral zone. Will unlock Brady as a result.
It's a tough one because there is some nice chemistry with Norris & Bath but I do like Bath with Tim & Brady.
Tim, Brady & Bath is our best possible first line combination but leaves the second line a little thin with Norris + Giroux + Greig/Gregor/Perron.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
*Insert Seinfeld meme*
1729042466299.png

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think our toughest line to play against last year was Tkachuk - Pinto - Batherson towards the end of the season.

I'd put those 3 together.

Batherson is better when he's relied on to be a playmaker on a line. That's his biggest strenght. Partly why he was so good with Tkachuk and Norris.

Reactions: senswon and Tuna99

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He looked so good in the L.A. He was holding onto the puck for so long his dangles had much confidence it becomes part of the teams identity. the crazier the game got the better he got and he put the team on his back when they needed a goal and you love having players like that.

Would love to see Batherson and Norris get cooking and carry the team for a little win streak here.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Would love a backup goalie who can play the puck. Tough for the team to go from Ullmark who is smooth with the puck, to Forsberg, who is erratic, doesn't cover it, passes to dmen are poor.

Edit: wrong thread! Love the Drake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad