Injury Report: Drake Batherson Ankle Injury

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Post-game, DJ Smith confirms that Drake Batherson suffered an ankle injury and will be out for a considerable amount of time, missing the All-Star game.

An inside source I know has informed me that it's a high ankle sprain.

Sweet mother I hope not...I mean its reasonably ish better then major knee but worse then a broken ankle imo, had one before and took forever to feel right.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What a gutless play and the ASS was smirking in his interview like he was proud of what he did the NHL better suspend his ass for a long time and start protecting the stars in this league that put up with this type of garbage way too often by untalented scrubs

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Formenton had a chance to light Dell up in the 2nd period but he let up and tried to stick check him.

Two wrongs and all that but I wish he had skated right through him.

Didn't see Dell interview but he was definitely smiling right after the cheap shot when Brady was chirping him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought we were building a hard-to-play-against team of high character and gumption? Isn't this why we draft the Tyler Boucher's of this world?

So why did we respond to this cheap shot like we were the Leafs?

Exactly. I do not condone unmitigated or even overzealous acts of violence; but a response was absolutely crucial there. He has a history, so it was not a mistake. Absolutely unbelievable Watson didn't steam roll him. That was inexcusable.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The only silver linings:

We get to see what Norris can do without Drake before we ink his deal.

It will help the tank.

We get to possibly showcase some guys with more ice time before the trade deadline.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
HAS should be 6-8 weeks, no? It’s a shitty injury but pretty common in football and guys can come back without too many lingering issues. Suppose it could be more severe in hockey.

BillyCostigan

Nov 9, 2021
Tkachuk isn't a Landeskog yet, Landeskog is the type of captain who steps up for his teammates, a lot of growing to do for the Sens C.

Cheap shot by Dell, got away with murder.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Tkachuk isn't a Landeskog yet, Landeskog is the type of captain who steps up for his teammates, a lot of growing to do for the Sens C.

Cheap shot by Dell, got away with murder.
Tkachuk has stepped up for his teammates plenty of times, it's a different situation with a goalie, you can't just tell him it's time to go and drop the gloves. Besides, guys like Watson and Brown are the ones we ostensibly dress to deal with dirty crap.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tkachuk has stepped up for his teammates plenty of times, it's a different situation with a goalie, you can't just tell him it's time to go and drop the gloves. Besides, guys like Watson and Brown are the ones we ostensibly dress to deal with dirty crap.
Someone has to go after dell or one of the better players. HAS to.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As for retribution, that either has to be Murray stepping up to fight Dell, or Tkachuk gets a free ticket to break the code and dance with a skill guy who normally wouldn't fight.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Formenton had a chance to light Dell up in the 2nd period but he let up and tried to stick check him.

Two wrongs and all that but I wish he had skated right through him.

Didn't see Dell interview but he was definitely smiling right after the cheap shot when Brady was chirping him.

When I watch Formenton I often find myself wishing he would drive the net more assertively. The play you are talking about and the partial break he passed off, were a couple examples from last night.

Anyone else think Watson looked super effective when he was crashing the net more to antagonize Dell? That should be his game all the time.

Watson definitely had a big presence in that game last night, he should try to play like all the time for sure.

Reactions: Yak

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
In case you needed a laugh. The comments.

Haha what is with that picture? Matt Murray looks like Van Gogh in Clone High.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There's a lot of accidents in a sport like hockey. Most of the time, players don't intend to hurt when they hit

But this was stupidly dangerous and it resulted in a severe injury to our best forward. He better not have affected the Drake long term...

Talk about becoming an instant public enemy. Get this jerk out of hockey, he's the Matt Cooke of goalies

All my Dell material is going to garbage this week

I expect everyone to do the same

By the way, I try my best to recycle everything. I never put any electronics in the trash

I also never had any Dell product in my life. Now I understand why :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Haha what is with that picture? Matt Murray looks like Van Gogh in Clone High.

She "apologized" for the pic with a (light hearted/exposed) picture of herself after dental or facial surgery on her twitter feed ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad