Draisatl's future in Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
/shrug

i think he's being pretty honest, he probably wants to hop on the nearest flight to bora bora right now though

obviously he wants the money truck to back into his garage and the oilers might not want to pay it if they can't win next season

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
"Figure out what I want"

Would be a lot simpler for him to just say "I want to be in Edmonton" wouldn't it?

Reads to me like yeah I'll stay for 15m AAV or I'll go to Boston or San Jose and get that money.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Other guys didn't have an issue giving a direct answer

Connor Brown isn't really in the same situation as Leon though... we're talking about a few million for Connor Brown versus a hundred million dollar contract for Leon.

I don't think there has ever really been a star player who has said much more than this when it comes to signing a new contract... their agent and the NHLPA would both have a meltdown

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
He had so much success with McDavid and the Oilers and the good thing from it is getting possibly a max salary (and now the team has success as well).... To me, sound like for a giant amount of money I really do want to stay with the Oilers....

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Well, I still say he will leave at a 99% chance rate.
The only chance for him to stay is that other teams are not willing to pay him anymore, after seeing the abolsute shitsow he put up in the last 2 rounds of the playoff.
On the other hand, the Oilers must have realized in those two rounds that keeping him at a high price tag would absolutely be insane.
He will either accept a salary below market value and join Boston, or he will go to some desperate irrelevant team that his willing to throw money at him to get a big name.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
It takes two to tango, both he and McD are going to need new, more expensive contracts, are they really going to dedicate 30-40% of their cap on 2 players?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think he's going to hit free agency. I do think he's being honest in loving being an Oiler. But I think he is a skilled guy who wants to get paid rather than take a team friendly contract.

And I'm not sure the Oilers are going to continue going in this direction even though they were only 2 goals away from a cup. It's hard for a GM to navigate dedicating so much cap to two forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad