GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It is possible Adams will be fired before next season ends.

Was thinking of the rumor that Don Wadell met with Pegula earlier this year.
If he doesn't make the playoffs, sure. Especially if he can't give Lindy a competitive roster, because this f***ing conference is pretty strong and other teams will improve as always, and we'll just pray for internal growth and no injuries (which they will).

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
WGR this morning: Kevin Adams trade cost structure/variables have to change to be able to close deals. They have to start outbidding other teams to make deals/get players to Buffalo. I wonder if Jeremy is getting this from the inside ?

I'm livid they haven't been outbidding Ottawa

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
How is "not blocking the prospects" working out for us?
You clearly did not listen. YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS. You need to know if Tage or Cozens can be a 1C. If Dahlin can be a 1D, IF UPL can be a 1G. You have to figure out what your core players are and where they fit. THEN you go out and improve. You will never know what Peterka or Quinn could be if you never gave them the chance. Tage might be in the AHL if not for the opportunity to play. NOW, there is limited room to allow prospects ice time, but you do still need to bring in young ELC players especially in the next few years when cap gets tighter. You want a Savoie making peanuts and performing well.

Idk if you noticed, but the "Prospects" were their best players last year. This organization seems to be getting good prospects, and they perform well when they get into the big club.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
It is possible Adams will be fired before next season ends.

Was thinking of the rumor that Don Wadell met with Pegula earlier this year.
I mean we have two assistant GM's now and a Associate GM so if it did actually happen I would expect a internal move. Also well known how Forton who was just elevated to Ast is connected to the owner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I mean we have two assistant GM's now and a Associate GM so if it did actually happen I would expect a internal move. Also well knowm how Forton who was just elevated to Ast is connected to the owner.
If they fire Adams, I expect him to bring in an experienced GM.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm livid they haven't been outbidding Ottawa
Given how Ottawa has made moves and not passed the Sabres in the standings, I'm not.

Let the Sens keep doing what they are doing.

:sarcasm:

If they fire Adams, I expect him to bring in an experienced GM.
I wouldn't.

Pegula has never hired an experienced GM for either his NHL or NFL team.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You clearly did not listen. YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCESS. You need to know if Tage or Cozens can be a 1C. If Dahlin can be a 1D, IF UPL can be a 1G. You have to figure out what your core players are and where they fit. THEN you go out and improve. You will never know what Peterka or Quinn could be if you never gave them the chance. Tage might be in the AHL if not for the opportunity to play. NOW, there is limited room to allow prospects ice time, but you do still need to bring in young ELC players especially in the next few years when cap gets tighter. You want a Savoie making peanuts and performing well.

Idk if you noticed, but the "Prospects" were their best players last year. This organization seems to be getting good prospects, and they perform well when they get into the big club.
Why do you HAVE to? Is this the only way to rebuild?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Knowing the owner's apparent and current disdain for that I would respectfully disagree with you.
Well, we'll see or not.

The league told him to hire Murray AND Botterill. And we saw how that worked out.
And now they'll tell him to hire an experienced GM. (Terry listens to the League all the time)

Or just Lindy GM or he will tell Pegula to hire an experienced GM

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is only somewhat fair. That deal which Murray tanked from Ottawa would have been a Darcy level fleecing. I'm willing to give partial credit for moves like that which are 100% out of the hands of the GM to take over the line. He did what was ordinarily the hard part: convincing a divisional rival to shot their own foot.

At this point though, he has played out his cache of good will about being in on incomplete transactions. We don’t need to here it, it holds no benefit.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I wouldn’t defend an off-season of inactivity from KA, it would doom this season. But any complaints for this season are premature, it’s still in its early stages. BUT if doesn’t use any draft picks to acquire a notable player or two, that will be a big wasted opportunity that only a very active early July could absolve

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I wouldn’t defend an off-season of inactivity from KA, it would doom this season. But any complaints for this season are premature, it’s still in its early stages. BUT if doesn’t use any draft picks to acquire a notable player or two, that will be a big wasted opportunity that only a very active early July could absolve
For sure.

But who do you want to replace Adams after the holidays, Don Waddell, Jason Karmanos, or Brad May? That is now the discussion on [checks notes] the morning of the NHL Draft. :help:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Last summer, installing talent was an option. They went with and continue to lean into not block prospects. Not for nothing but f*** prospects - start icing a winning team.
As if once you add guys on 2-4 year contracts, they can't be moved again and prospects have to die on the vine in Rochester. What a BS PR line. This is where I go the extra step into thinking it's convenient logic to pass along through the media, just to get away with being a cap basement team for a few years without much criticism. Not everyone has to think so, but when guys keep getting traded or allowed to walk once they get arb rights, I can't help but be pessimistic.

Reactions: Fjordy

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Stop right there. We've gone through the process. We've gone through 13 years of the process. Teams that didn't exist the last time we made the playoffs have been to the finals multiple times. Another team that didn't exsist when Adams started as GM won a playoff round last year.

This GM took over a .500 team with a three top 2 draft picks, who haven't been busts, and drove it straight off a cliff in less than a year. Two of top 2 draft picks he traded away went on to be the Conn Smythe runner up and one just scored the cup clinching goal.

I am 41 years old. I haven't seen a Sabres playoff game since I was single. I'm married with two kids now about to start school. I've lived in seven different apartments/townhomes/houses. Last time the Sabres were in the playoffs I was in a bar doing shots with my friends.

We've gone through the process. Multiple times. Enough is enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad