Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
AHL has scrapped AHLtv and all games will be televised on FLOHockey. It’s a bit more expensive but it does provide access to all AHL, ECHL, SPHL and several junior hockey leagues as well.

I had just subscribed to FLO for ECHL games like a week before this announcement. I think it's around $400 for the year. Then got the bonus of AHL games on top of it? Couldn't be happier!

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Does the $400 cover all sports?

I can't tell yet, there's nothing live playing at the moment but it did allow me to watch replays of some other sports. I was also wrong, $400 was for Sunday Ticket. Flo Sports was only $150 and it does say "25 sports available".

HOWEVER, on the website I had to specifically choose hockey and i'm signed in on flohockey but then not on other sports like flohoops. If I remember later this afternoon I'll try to stream some minor league baseball playoffs.

Edit: So there is some women's soccer on right now. All of the live events have a "LOCK" icon on them, but it still let me watch both of the live soccer games.

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Will be interesting to see if we can develop him. He gets to fight with Murray and Haider for net time. On the negative side, none of them were inspiring at the AHL level last season and this might be a real rough season for MIL goaltending
Murray was okay last season. His problem was that the Texas Stars weren't as talented as the Milwaukee Admirals. He personifies "if you can't beat them, join them!"

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Ads signed Isaac Ratcliffe. He seemed to be very effective the year before after joining Milwaukee, but then useless again last season for Chicago?

Anyway, not sure how things stack up for centers in particular, and he's normally LW, but we certainly have more than enough bodies around for Milwaukee regardless of how you want to lay out the lineup...

L'Heureux - Svechkov - Kemell
Bellows - (O'Reilly) - Hinostraza
Schafer - Lucchini - Wiesblatt
Mutter - (Ratcliffe) - Angello
Roest/(Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Del Gaizo - Blankenburg
Gravel - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone
Hanzel/Prokop/Matier/(Marino)/(Nychuk)

Murray
Chrona
(Haider)

( ) = AHL contract

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I believe that is Kevin Wall (C), a bit of a slower skater, but a big hitter. He is good along the boards. Wall and Campbell (LW) played well in the playoffs last year for Milwaukee.

I expect Marino to be a C/F. He came from the Chicago Wolves, like Ratcliffe. They were a truly awful team last season, even with FIVE former Admirals on the roster.

Mutter, Ratcliffe and Angello will be a line similar to Trenin's line for Nashville. They will all bounce you around and score a few goals. Angello is a natural winger, who had to play at center sometimes due to call ups and injuries. Mutter showed some offense in the playoffs and drew a few penalties.

Edit: This post needed a little editing!

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Marino does seem to have sort of a Josh Healey type of profile, but bigger. He seems to be the kind of veteran #7 they will want to keep around, I agree. However, I wonder what this means for Matier, Prokop, and Hanzel who probably were all looking to step up permanently into AHL spots, but at least a couple of them instead are likely bound for Atlanta? :dunno:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Matier may stick in Milwaukee, with Stastney unavailable.

Prokop has size at 6'4". The AHL is fast for him.

I am still trying to figure out what Hanzel has for desirable qualities. He sneaks under my radar when he is here. That means that he doesn't make any big mistakes, but he isn't Bobby Orr.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Matier may stick in Milwaukee, with Stastney unavailable.

Prokop has size at 6'4". The AHL is fast for him.

I am still trying to figure out what Hanzel has for desirable qualities. He sneaks under my radar when he is here. That means that he doesn't make any big mistakes, but he isn't Bobby Orr.

Surprisingly, Taylor hasn't ran with 7D for either of the first 2 games, compared to how it went last season.

I'm not sure why you guys are talking about Marino as a defenseman as I've only ever seen him skate as a forward for the Wolves and he played wing for the game in Chicago.

Impressions after the first 2 games are that the offense seems somewhat lacking, but between lines of Angelo/Mutter/Marino and Schaefer/Ratliffe/Weisblatt, there's some heavy hitting on those bottom 2 lines.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Not a single point from the defense in two games is sortof shocking.

Cal O' is leading the way right now. He has a reinforcement coming though.

Sounds like svechkov is ready to go. A little more center depth should help out. Both Chrona and Murray have played good too.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Surprisingly, Taylor hasn't ran with 7D for either of the first 2 games, compared to how it went last season.

I'm not sure why you guys are talking about Marino as a defenseman as I've only ever seen him skate as a forward for the Wolves and he played wing for the game in Chicago.

Impressions after the first 2 games are that the offense seems somewhat lacking, but between lines of Angelo/Mutter/Marino and Schaefer/Ratliffe/Weisblatt, there's some heavy hitting on those bottom 2 lines.
Marino is listed as a D on the internet, so that's all we knew.

Anyway, sounds like Hanzel is down to Atlanta, so that leaves the D tidied up with 8 guys, with Matier and Prokop as spares atm.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So it looks atm like Milwaukee is running with the lineup below (lines and pairings are just guesses, the Ads watchers can correct me and I'll update, thanks!)

Forwards
Bellows - (O'Reilly) - Kemell
L'Heureux - Hinostraza - Lucchini
Schafer - (Ratcliffe) - Wiesblatt
Mutter - Angello - Marino

Injured: Svechkov, Roest
Extras: (Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Defense
Gravel - Blankenburg
Del Gaizo - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone

Extras: Prokop, Matier

Goalies
Murray
Chrona

Down to Atlanta so far:
F - none
D - Hanzel, (Nychuk)
G - (Haider)

( ) = AHL contract

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
So it looks atm like Milwaukee is running with the lineup below (lines and pairings are just guesses, the Ads watchers can correct me and I'll update, thanks!)

Forwards
Bellows - (O'Reilly) - Kemell
L'Heureux - Hinostraza - Lucchini
Schafer - (Ratcliffe) - Wiesblatt
Mutter - Angello - Marino

Injured: Svechkov, Roest
Extras: (Wall)/(Campbell)/(Howarth)/Frasca

Defense
Gravel - Blankenburg
Del Gaizo - Ufko
Wilsby - Livingstone

Extras: Prokop, Matier

Goalies
Murray
Chrona

Down to Atlanta so far:
F - none
D - Hanzel, (Nychuk)
G - (Haider)

( ) = AHL contract

I will let you know about the lines. I will be back for the home opener in 48 hours. I will try to stay awake for the game after 5 hours of time change in one flight.

Most of the airport in Honolulu is open air. Our gate is in the AC zone! It is 86 here and 60 in Milwaukee. Saturday is predicted as a Hi of 70 and a Low of 47, so we should have good ice.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee is on the road at Rockford tonight. (They play again tomorrow night at 6 PM in Milwaukee. Ryan from the Admirals told me that 6,800 tickets have been sold so far for the Home Opener. With walk-ups, they should break 7.000.)

The starters were Matt Murray in goal, with Team Captain Kevin Gravel and Jake Livingstone on defense, Kyle Marino centered Anthony Angello (RW) and Navrin Mutter (LW). Marc Del Gaizo is sitting the game out, so Vinnie Hinostroza is wearing an A tonight, along with Cal O'Reilly.

Milwaukee played 6 Dmen tonight. Matier with Blankenburg and Wilsby with Ufko were the other pairs.

Rockford was dominating in period 1. They scored on a deflection shot over Murray's shoulder about 5 minutes into the game on a PPG. O'Reilly, Kemell, Blankenburg and Wilsby were on the PK. The Ads could not clear the zone.

The IceHogs scored again about 10 minutes later on a screen shot to make it 2-0 with the SOG 7-3 IceHogs. The same Ads players were on the ice with the addition of Kieffer Bellows at full strength.

Milwaukee scored about 30 seconds later on a backhander rebound by Zach L'Heureux (1), with assists to Kevin Gravel (1) and Vinnie Hinostroza (2). The goal was reviewed. Aaron Sims said that L'Heureux had knocked down the Rockford Dman before colliding with IceHogs goalie Drew Commesso. Sims was surprised that the goal was allowed. The Ads scored again during a 4-on-4 by Wilsby (1) over the glove and through traffic (LW Jake Lucchini) with assists to Ufko (1) and Hinostroza (3) to tie the game. The Ads took the lead in SOG 9-8.

Just 26 seconds into period 2, Anthony Angello (1) scored with an assist to Kyle Marino (1) and Gravel (2). Marino fired on goal and the rebound went to Angello. The Ads had a 3-2 lead. At 7:43, Hinostroza (1) scored with an assist to Angello (1) to make it 4-2 Admirals. At 8:56, L'Heureux (2) scored when the Rockford players converged on Hinostroza (4), who passed the puck to Zack for a tip in goal, to make it 5-2.

Hinostroza was Rockford's leading scorer last season, and it shows! BTW, that gives Milwaukee five unanswered ES goals in this game. Last year, Milwaukee's high against Rockford was six goals in the last game of the regular season. The Ads were 5-1 against Rockford at home last season. Vinnie already has FOUR POINTS in the game. L'Heureux scored BOTH of his goals this season in this game.

Rockford scored a SHG on former Admiral Zack Sanford's penalty; the first SHG against Milwaukee this season, to make it 5-3. That happened with 90 seconds left in the period. The SOG were 14-6 Admirals in the period and 23-14 overall.

In period three, after a few posts were hit, Reid Schaefer (2) blasted one over Commesso's glove at 3:02 to make it 6-3 Milwaukee. The assists went to Ozzy Weisblatt (1) and Jack Matier (1). That was the Admirals' first SOG in the period. There was a big shoving match with several players involved with about a minute remaining in the game. Ozzy Weisblatt and Ryder Rolston hit the showers early in the 6-3 Milwaukee Admirals win. The SOG were 6-5 Ads and 29-19 overall.

I am looking forward to tomorrow's game. There was only one fight in this game (Marino versus Baddock), but two other near fights. Near the end of period 1, Brett Seney went over to the Admirals bench and was chirping at Isaac Ratcliffe in particular and the Admirals' bench in general. THAT is considered as BAD MANNERS in the AHL!!! I would not be surprised to see Seney in a fight or two tomorrow night if he raises an eyebrow at any Milwaukee player.

I saw that happen in Las Vegas (Henderson) last season. That Silver Knight was ejected for doing the same thing after the end of a period. Fortunately, there was no bench clearing brawl. He was also the one who injured Kemell after a late hit behind the play.

The 2-1 Admirals are leading their division, thanks to 10 GF in their games. Rockford at 1-1, is in 5th place. Interestingly, to me at least, is the 6th place Chicago Wolves. They are 0-1 on the season, suffering a 4-1 loss to Milwaukee. How have they played only ONE game? The Iowa Wild are 0-2 and in 7th and Last place in the Central Division.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soundgarden

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Milwaukee is on the road at Rockford tonight. (They play again tomorrow night at 6 PM in Milwaukee)

Rockford was dominating in period 1. They scored on a deflection shot over Murray's shoulder about 5 minutes into the game on a PPG. O'Reilly, Kemell, Blankenburg and Wilsby were on the PK.

The IceHogs scored again about 10 minutes later on a screen shot to make it 2-0 with the SOG 7-3 IceHogs. The same Ads players were on the ice with the addition of Kieffer Bellows at full strength.

Milwaukee scored about 30 seconds later on a backhander by Zach L'Heureux (1), with assists to Kevin Gravel (1) and Vinnie Hinostroza (2). The goal was reviewed. Aaron Sims said that L'Heureux had knocked down the Rockford Dman before colliding with IceHogs goalie Drew Commesso. Sims was surprised that the goal was allowed. The Ads scored again during a 4-on-4 by Wilsby (1) with assists to Ufko (1) and Hinostroza (3) to tie the game. The Ads took the lead in SOG 9-8.

Just 26 seconds into period 2, Anthony Angello (1) scored with an assist to Kyle Marino (1) and Gravel (2). Marino fired on goal and the rebound went to Angello. The Ads had a 3-2 lead. At 7:43, Hinostroza (1) scored with an assist to Angello (1) to make it 4-2 Admirals. At 8:56, L'Heureux (2) scored when the Rockford players converged on Hinostroza (4), who passed the puck to Zack for a tap in goal, to make it 5-2.

Hinostroza was Rockford's leading scorer last season, and it shows! BTW, that gives Milwaukee five unanswered ES goals in this game. Last year, Milwaukee's high against Rockford was six goals in the last game of the regular season. The Ads were 5-1 against Rockford at home last season.
Looking at the boxscore seems like svechkov is still out. Any word on when he will get back in? I know Nashville sent him back off of IR.

Also good to see the defense getting on the scoreboard.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Looking at the boxscore seems like svechkov is still out. Any word on when he will get back in? I know Nashville sent him back off of IR.

Also good to see the defense getting on the scoreboard.

From theahl.com:
Forward Frank Nazar and defenseman Kevin Korchinski (who spent last season with the Chicago Blackhawks) are two big-name 20-year-olds on the Rockford roster. There is also rookie Gavin Hayes. who had 37 goals last season in the OHL between Flint and Sault Ste. Marie. On the back end, there is AHL All-Star Ethan Del Mastro. Goaltender Drew Commesso is back for his second AHL year.

Commesso was the losing goalie last night, allowing 6 goals on 29 shots. Nazar had the SHG last night, with Korchinski assisting.

Matt Murray (#32) stopped 16 of 19 SOG for his second win of the season. Just about everybody hit the scoreboard last night at Rockford (Blackhawks), with ten Admirals having a goal or an assist. The Stars of the Game were #68 Zach L'Heureux with 2G and #13 Vinnie Hinostroza with 1G 3A. Last night, the Defense put up 5 of the 16 points scored. Milwaukee was 0 for 4 on the Power Play.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
You know who’s not having trouble getting his players to score goals?

Karl Taylor
It is a small sample with 10 goals in three 60-minute games, for 3.33 GPG.

Last season, the Admirals scored 238 goals in their 72 games for 3.31 GPG.

In the playoffs, Milwaukee scored 44 goals in 15 games for 2.93 GPG.

That was 3-2 over the Texas Stars, 3-2 over the Grand Rapids Griffins and 1-4 versus Coachella Valley.
Milwaukee was outscored 17-12 versus CV. In Game 4, the Admirals scored 7 goals. That was the game with no penalties in period one and NINE Misconducts in the last 2 minutes when the CV players kept starting fights, even after the horn sounded!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad