Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
For the forward group, id like to see Hodgson and Cal O'Reilly brought back on AHL contracts again.

Also think we got too much older bottom lineup players hanging around in Nashville but you need someone to sit in the pressbox so it might be for the best. Might send Jankowski or McCarron down but odds are they stay up and fill out the bottom line or 13th forwards.

Graduates: I hope to see Afanaseyev, Tomasino, Pärssinen, Stastney, and Del Gaizo get good looks at the NHL or traded for assets.

L'Heureux, Svechkov, and Kemell probably continue to cook in the AHL. If things go sideways, they might see a callup.

Moldenyk is a bit of a wild card. Not eligible yet for the AHL but I'm not sure how much more benefit he is going to get from the minors.
Hodgson is retired forever, because his illness came back. That is why he only played 13 games, even though he was good.

The Ads need to sign McKeown, if the Preds don't. Gross is too small for the AHL and he tends to make the wrong plays. He might be the player that the fans like the least.

If Gravel does not come back, Cal is the obvious choice as Captain.

Reactions: hockey diva

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hodgson is retired forever, because his illness came back. That is why he only played 13 games, even though he was good.

The Ads need to sign McKeown, if the Preds don't. Gross is too small for the AHL and he tends to make the wrong plays. He might be the player that the fans like the least.

Gravel was already extended for 2 more years btw.

Reactions: adsfan

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Didn't realize it came back. That sucks for Hodgson he looked good in his limited action

Gravel is already signed for 2 more seasons but he may end up being a 7th dman. Probably would be good to sign another older vet to help lead the team.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Didn't realize it came back. That sucks for Hodgson he looked good in his limited action

Gravel is already signed for 2 more seasons but he may end up being a 7th dman. Probably would be good to sign another older vet to help lead the team.
I don't believe Gravel will be a 7th D? (Not in Milwaukee, definitely not in Nashville). He seems like a natural to pair with Ufko for the Ads? What were the pairings in the playoffs? Anyway, for next year I could imagine something like...

Gravel - Ufko
___ - Livingstone
Hanzel - Prokop/Matier

... as the starting point for the Ads next year. Where the blank is basically one of Stastney/Del Gaizo/Wilsby. I'm not convinced the Preds would actually keep BOTH of Stastney and Del Gaizo on the big team... even though both seem to be ready... but Stastney is still waiver exempt, and Del Gaizo would probably clear waivers, so I could see the Preds continuing to overcook things to the max with one of them. :( But if they did keep both of them up, then hopefully Wilsby might be willing to return for another year instead of going back to Sweden?

Anyway, I would probably hold off on signing another older vet... I do think it's important that we get more playing time for our youngsters, even though I don't really have NHL hopes for any of them except Ufko --- but we won't know until we see more of them. It would definitely be necessary to pick up a couple of extra depth guys, however, but I would see them more as #8/9 types on AHL-only deals who could play in Atlanta if needed... the team definitely struggled to find replacement depth after Thompson left last year. We need a guy like that around for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily sign a regular top-6 guy - unless ALL of Del Gaizo/Stastney/Wilsby are gone.
:dunno:

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don't believe Gravel will be a 7th D? (Not in Milwaukee, definitely not in Nashville). He seems like a natural to pair with Ufko for the Ads? What were the pairings in the playoffs? Anyway, for next year I could imagine something like...

Gravel - Ufko
___ - Livingstone
Hanzel - Prokop/Matier

... as the starting point for the Ads next year. Where the blank is basically one of Stastney/Del Gaizo/Wilsby. I'm not convinced the Preds would actually keep BOTH of Stastney and Del Gaizo on the big team... even though both seem to be ready... but Stastney is still waiver exempt, and Del Gaizo would probably clear waivers, so I could see the Preds continuing to overcook things to the max with one of them. :( But if they did keep both of them up, then hopefully Wilsby might be willing to return for another year instead of going back to Sweden?

Anyway, I would probably hold off on signing another older vet... I do think it's important that we get more playing time for our youngsters, even though I don't really have NHL hopes for any of them except Ufko --- but we won't know until we see more of them. It would definitely be necessary to pick up a couple of extra depth guys, however, but I would see them more as #8/9 types on AHL-only deals who could play in Atlanta if needed... the team definitely struggled to find replacement depth after Thompson left last year. We need a guy like that around for sure, but I wouldn't necessarily sign a regular top-6 guy - unless ALL of Del Gaizo/Stastney/Wilsby are gone.
I think Del Gaizo might pass through waivers similar to how Carrier did in sept 2019 and jan 2021. I also think he is NHL ready though so it would be a shame to send him down.

Stastney doesn't need waivers but he also is NHL ready in my opinion.

Wilsby has no path to the NHL here. He seems to play really well in Milwaukee but with Josi, Lauzon, Stastney, Del Gaizo, and Molendyk around... he just isnt going to get any significant shot at the NHL. Hopefully he is willing to stay around the AHL as he is better than Hanzel.

Out the of the remaining.... I think you are probably right that Ufko is the only one with a real shot at the NHL. Matier is still quite young and has a good size frame so maybe he can have an outside shot. I don't think Livingstone is going to end up getting a shot.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Gravel - Ufko
___ - Livingstone
Hanzel - Prokop/Matier

I think Gravel, Ufko and Livingstone will each be paired with a rookie.

I don't see Hanzel playing anywhere but as the #7 Dman. He did not make much of an impression on me.

Other teams might be interested in Livingstone. Nashville is known as a Dman factory.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Mushy Middle Forever
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Another head coaching slot just came open but I'm guessing CBJ wants an established coach

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Egor Surin 6'1" C

Teddy Stiga 5'10" C/LW

Viggo Gustafsson 6'2" LD

Miguel Marques 5'10" RW

Hiroki Gojsic 6'3" RW

Jakub Milota 6'0" G

Viktor Norringer 6'3" C/W

Erik Pahlsson 6'0" C (age 20)

Interesting mix of players. Honestly thought we would draft more dmen.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
The trade window is far from closed. Come Monday, we'll be alright (RIP Jimmy). With our cap space, GMBT needs to be spending like the proverbial sailor at an adult establishment, and if we can get some sign and trade deals done, we have some capital for that.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Dev Camp roster:

GRaRrk_XUAApBKr

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Rousseau is an interesting invite in goal... small guy like Saros, but has been one of the top junior goalies the last few years, including Team Canada starter at the WJC.

Semptimphelter is transferring to UND so that will be a more high profile gig for him next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad