Prospect Info: Down On The Farm (Ads and Glads)

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was just thinking the same thing.
I'm pretty sure the Ads had the choice of going first but nobody wants to take the chance of having to win games 4 or 5 on the road. Obviously can backfire if you don't win one ofbthe first two

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Why does she say pull Askarov?

That's why I'm hesitant when it comes to trading Saros. Yeah, Askarov is dominant in the regular season, but can he do it in the post-season? I want to see him dominate the playoffs. Last season in the Finals he was replaced as the starter after 2 games (I realize the irony of saying be dominant in the playoffs when he took them to the finals).
Well, we can't pull Askarov whether he's playing well or not playing well. He's such a core part of our future hopes that we just need to keep rolling him out there and seeing what he can do, regardless.

It will be extra disappointing if the Ads bow out early, especially after we airlifted players out of there and left them shortstaffed, only to have those players really make no difference to the big team either, and for us to ultimately fail to gain the extra AHL playoff experience desired for our young'uns.

Oh well... if it goes that way. Still have games to play, and maybe they can pull it out. But it seems like we might be staring down the barrel of a bit of a loss on all fronts, and if Askarov shows he isn't quite ready to start stealing AHL playoff games yet, well, that's an important piece of data we wanted to collect also for our off-season planning. :(

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well, we can't pull Askarov whether he's playing well or not playing well. He's such a core part of our future hopes that we just need to keep rolling him out there and seeing what he can do, regardless.

It will be extra disappointing if the Ads bow out early, especially after we airlifted players out of there and left them shortstaffed, only to have those players really make no difference to the big team either, and for us to ultimately fail to gain the extra AHL playoff experience desired for our young'uns.

Oh well... if it goes that way. Still have games to play, and maybe they can pull it out. But it seems like we might be staring down the barrel of a bit of a loss on all fronts, and if Askarov shows he isn't quite ready to start stealing AHL playoff games yet, well, that's an important piece of data we wanted to collect also for our off-season planning. :(
We only briefly deprived them of any significant bodies, and we sent them two arguably NHL players in Tomasino and Parsinen to replace Jankowski. We left Egor there. Stastney is the only one we kept and didn't arguably replace.

The fact is the Ads have lost whatever mojo they had during their streak and they haven't played like a division champion since about mid March

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I do feel like the AHL playoff system kind of screws the higher seeded teams. First round bye gives you such a long time off and then you have to go on the road for two games to start the series. Really easy to fall into a hole where you have to win three straight to get out of it with no room for error since its a five game series.
It does and I probably made the point last year that the Ads benefited from it. From a business standpoint, I would want the guaranteed two home games to begin with and second, I would want to start the series off right and they were much more likely to do that at home with a 27-9 record vs a 20-16 road record. Now all the pressure is on them to win 3 straight.

2-2-1 should absolutely be the format though. You're really only talking about one extra trip and that assumes that the series goes 5 games and most don't.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
That's what I was saying.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
She doesn't feel that he is up to the task at the moment. Maybe the 10 days off hurt his level of play? Troy is less spectacular, but more steady.

BTW, the Admirals were eliminated 4-2 in the Conference Finals, by Cochella Valley last season, not the Calder Cup Finals.
You know, I really had it in my head that that was the Finals, not just Conference Finals. :facepalm:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We only briefly deprived them of any significant bodies, and we sent them two arguably NHL players in Tomasino and Parsinen to replace Jankowski. We left Egor there. Stastney is the only one we kept and didn't arguably replace.

The fact is the Ads have lost whatever mojo they had during their streak and they haven't played like a division champion since about mid March
I was thinking of Jankowski and Gurianov primarily. You could say we replaced them with Tomasino and Parssinen. The Gravel recall wasn't very timely, not sure what that need was when we had guys scratched, but who knows. Anyway, there were also a pile of injuries and some guys who stepped in played pretty well for the Ads too. Texas could have had Stankoven, and they don't.

Anyway, it is what it is, and it's too bad the mojo went away. :(

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm officially worried that the Predators don't have a real plan to get youngsters to the roster or how to integrate them into the lineup once there.

I want to be wrong here, but I am concerned.
That's because Brunettes and Trotzs comments are basically let them marinate. Problem is they eventually have to pass through waivers and with the amount of nhl experience and the numbers tomasino and Parsinnen have put up they wont make it through... someone will take a chance on them. There appears to be no plan other than let them cook

Reactions: Enoch

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
That's because Brunettes and Trotzs comments are basically let them marinate. Problem is they eventually have to pass through waivers and with the amount of nhl experience and the numbers tomasino and Parsinnen have put up they wont make it through... someone will take a chance on them. There appears to be no plan other than let them cook
Yep and that's what a lot of people seem to be forgetting when we say a guy needs a spot. Alot of these guys have been good enough that someone is going to take a chance on them, especially for free.

I mean as much flak as Tomasino gets around here he was on pace for a 40 point season. There are a lot of teams that would like a cheap, young 40p player for nothing, even if he doesn't improve.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yep and that's what a lot of people seem to be forgetting when we say a guy needs a spot. Alot of these guys have been good enough that someone is going to take a chance on them, especially for free.

I mean as much flak as Tomasino gets around here he was on pace for a 40 point season. There are a lot of teams that would like a cheap, young 40p player for nothing, even if he doesn't improve.
And that pace was with minimal utilization too. I agree with the general observation that Tomasino does still have warts and needs to work on his motor and his consistency. But he has done enough that he's an NHL player, and would be claimed on waivers.

Leaving guys until you have no choice but to integrate them doesn't seem like the best plan either... now we have no choice but to keep Parssinen, Afanaseyev, Tomasino, and perhaps Del Gaizo on the big roster next season? It doesn't make for the best training camp scenarios either, what if a waiver-exempt guy like L'Heureux or Stastney outperform these guys in camp, and you have to send a guy who earned it back down, etc. It is self-perpetuating to some degree.

But I guess on the bright side: at least we have this many guys coming up who are at least good enough to be in the conversation about NHL jobs, right? :dunno:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Game 3 tonight in about 15 minutes. It is win or go golfing for Milwaukee versus the Texas Stars.

Troy in net. Gravel and McKeown on D. Schaefer, O'Reilly and Kemell up front.

Del Gaizo, with assists to Egor and Parsnip. It was a shot from the right point through traffic at 3:31 of the period. One goal on 2 shots against Poirier. Ads now shorthanded for 2 minutes. The Stars score a PPG.

A Star was holding L'Heureux's stick and no call. Delay on Texas. Forty-five seconds later Xchecking on Texas. It is 5- on-3. Delay on Texas! There is still 27 seconds in the first penalty. Tomasino scores with 10 seconds left in penalty #2. Assists to Ufko and Parsnip to make it 2-1 Admirals. L'Heureux with a tap in to make it 3-1. Assists to Tomasino and Parsnip. Three goals on 8 shots. Seven minutes left in the period.

Schaefer just took out a Dman in the SE corner. Krys, #2 does not know where he is. Schaefer 5 for Chargng and a Gamer. The crowd does not agree. (It was about the only call that the refs got right the whole game.) Texas goal. It looked like GI. Under review with 1:52 left in the penalty. 21 won't get out of the Ads crease. He took a few head shots. Troy is unhappy about 2 intrusions in one period.

Line brawl. Weatherby was yanked down and held. Second guy 17, was hitting him. Ads get 3 minors and Texas gets two. This is total bullshit with 2:16 left in the period!

3-2 Ads. SOG 11-9 Texas due to the penalties. Troy bitched at both refs after the period that his right leg was held on the 2nd Texas goal. The Star was on top of him. That is why it should have been GI.

Period 2 starts with nobody in the box. Ads called for icing when you hear the puck hit a stick. Even the linesmen suck! Del Gaizo called for a trip after two Texas Xchecks are ignored. SHG by McKeown, assists to L'Heureux and Gravel at 2:59. Four goals on 10 shots!!! Texas keeps interfering and it does not get called. Egor and 22 Bourque for Unsportsmanlike. Bourque held Egor's stick, then threw it. Taylor is screaming at the refs!

Hooking on #20, Bichsel. Ads with a 4-on-3 PP. Now 5-on-4 for 1:30. The ref just kicked part of a broken stick into the play. What a moron! Tripping on Texas. Every time the Ads get the puck within 30 feet of the Texas net, they commit a penalty. It is 17, the same guy who jumped Weatherby. Texas for Delay for the third time. (My wife says that it is a record.) Still 56 seconds left in the other penalty. High Sticking on Texas. Just 26 seconds left in the Delay.

Ads score to make it 5-2. Del Gaizo with assists to L'Heureux and Parsnip. Kemell with a partial breakaway on the new goalie, Kraws. He looked like he was pulled down from behind. Del Gaizo was being held by 2 Stars in front of the Ads bench and no call.

18 slashed Grosenick when he was skating off. There was no call. He is a dead man in period 3. SOG 19 each.

Both benches spoke to the officials before the period. Karl Taylor is angry again. Texas scores in 8 seconds. They should have been short. That is 2 free goals for Texas, so far.

McKenzie punching Ufko in the face in the crease after the whistle. Two other players get minors. These refs have no clue. BTW, Ufko got up and punched him back. The offside was a bad call. The entire puck was on the blue line. It never touched the white ice at all. BS call on Egor. He was playing the puck, not holding the Star. Texas gets away with 2 more Xchecks. Is that NOT a penalty in the playoffs? Petrovic stiff arms L'Heureux after the whistle. No call. The fans are chanting "Refs you Suck" instead of Let's Go Ads. Stars going after Del Gaizo and Weissblat in this period. Refs allowing everything. Petrovic tripped Felhaber and no call. Less than six minutes remaining.

Linesman Ibrahim Arifi, #47, claiming offside. What is he smoking? Just under 4 minutes. Stars pulling their goalie. Ads miss empty net twice. Just 2:02 left.

Ads win 5-3!

The 4650 fans sound like 9000! The Ads players come out to the middle of the ice to thank the fans. It looks like a Stanley Cup handshake line.

Game 4 is Friday at 7 PM. I expect more fans will be in the UWM Panther Arena.

Game 5 is on Sunday at 5 PM.

Poirier with GAA of 8.2 in this game. Does he start Friday? I am guessing yes.

Expect Troy to start for the Ads. He only allowed one real goal. He did not like Stars camping out in his crease. The second goal should have been disallowed and Texaa should have been short handed to start period 3 after 18 slashed Troy. That 3rd goal would have never happened.

The Refs called 18 penalties and nearly lost control of the game twice in period 2. The line brawl that Texas started and the Slashing of Troy after the horn. Eleven minors on the Stars wasn't enough.

This was the worst officiated game that I have seen since 1990, that makes 34 years!
All the on ice clowns get zeros.

The Ads Dmen scored 3 of the 5 goals. The Ads ahould have scored 7 or 8. They need to shoot more and pass less. Two PPGs and a shorty. What a night against the 4th place Texas Stars and their #1 goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Other teams will trade for Tomasino and Parssinen. They will be the next Tolvy and Radulov. Nashville will continue to have a lack of forward scoring.

Reactions: hockey diva

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Glad Taylor did what was best for the Ads by starting Troy but Askarovs playoff struggles make the Trade Saros calls a little harder to make...

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Other teams will trade for Tomasino and Parssinen. They will be the next Tolvy and Radulov. Nashville will continue to have a lack of forward scoring.

I mean if one wants to give up a 4th for Tomasino, but I don't see anyone offering anything of value for him. Especially when one considers his waiver eligibility within a couple years.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I think Tomasino is going to be a flip for another player of his development path that hopefully fits Bruno's style better. It'll just be trying a different guy that's on the verge of washing out with his own team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad