Tribute Douglas Murray (mod: he's not dead, it's just a thread of memories)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
nbcsports.brightspotcdn.jpg

What are you guys memories of him? What did he bring to the ice?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
View attachment 894725

What are you guys memories of him? What did he bring to the ice?
A 10th round pick that came into the league and couldn’t be pushed around. He hit like a Mack truck and that wasn’t with a lot of push behind it as Crankshaft was not fleet of foot. He was responsible for the front of the net and actually skated most with Dan Boyle.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
for a second before i opened the thread i thought he had passed away hence this tribute but gladly that's not true
Yeah, random thread scared me for a second

Tough as hell, loved his blood feud with Parros, wish he would still go down to the DoPS and tune him up to get him to stop being the worst of all time at doing the job

But my favorite Murray memory was when Setoguchi came back to play his first road game in the tank with Minnesota and Murray just crushed him into the boards on the first shift of the game, made sure to show him that it was all business

Reactions: Hangemhigh

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Glad I wasn't the only one who read this thread and went to look if he died. What the.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, random thread scared me for a second

Tough as hell, loved his blood feud with Parros, wish he would still go down to the DoPS and tune him up to get him to stop being the worst of all time at doing the job

But my favorite Murray memory was when Setoguchi came back to play his first road game in the tank with Minnesota and Murray just crushed him into the boards on the first shift of the game, made sure to show him that it was all business
Setoguchi wasted has talents. It’s too bad.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I always hated that nickname.
Was given to him by his roommates (can't remember who it was, Tom Pressing??? Teammates). My theory based on how it was (not) explained when the nickname came out in an interview was: if you use a little NSFW imagination, you can pretty easily come up with more than one source of inspiration. I have my guess.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
That time someone went to hit him and only ended up wrecking themselves while he didn't even budge. I wish I could remember who it was. I want to say it was against the Rangers?

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Was given to him by his roommates (can't remember who it was, Tom Pressing??? Teammates). My theory based on how it was (not) explained when the nickname came out in an interview was: if you use a little NSFW imagination, you can pretty easily come up with more than one source of inspiration. I have my guess.
Are you implying he didn't need a stick extension?

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
That time someone went to hit him and only ended up wrecking themselves while he didn't even budge. I wish I could remember who it was. I want to say it was against the Rangers?

I recall that as well but can't remember who either.

You're welcome for my non contribution to the matter.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

I was on the glass at this game on the other blue line. I remember this so vividly, like I got hit lolol

He did this to many peeps, byfuglien being one, Perry being another. Happened frequently

Reactions: Crankshaft Mechanic

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He did this to many peeps, byfuglien being one, Perry being another. Happened frequently

This one had him at the point in the offensive zone and with the puck. Whoever it was skated right at him full bore as he stood there cradling the puck and they just ran into him and bounced off

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Hockey version of "I am rubber, you are glue. Everything you do (instead of say I guess) bounces of me and sticks to you""

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad