Tribute Douglas Murray (mod: he's not dead, it's just a thread of memories)

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
He brought trouble and pain to opposing team members and fresh beer to everyone else.
The team had a "buy the team a case of beer if you get walked around" rule?

J/k

I loved Murray. Thunderous hits. But probably one of the slowest skaters we ever had lol. There were times he looked like he was trying to accelerate in molasses. But when he got you he got you. Dude was built like a brick refrigerator

Last edited:

BillR10

Nov 16, 2008
Sitting in the front row in Boston on Joe Thorntons first return game to Boston after the trade. Bruin fan next to me puts his beer on the boards. I nicely told him I wouldn't do that Murray is on our side in the D zone, you'll end up wearing that. He proceeded to tell me he does it every game and it's never happened. Less than 15 minutes later he was wearing it from a Murray hit. I just smiled and shrugged

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Can we rename the thread title please?

Anyway - preseason be damned, I'm glad to say I saw him score a hat trick in person. Dude was a freakin beast when he was here, and I'm glad to see him stick around in the area.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Weirdly enough, he made Swedens roster for 2010 Olympics.

Screenshot_9.png

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
Can we rename the thread title please?

Anyway - preseason be damned, I'm glad to say I saw him score a hat trick in person. Dude was a freakin beast when he was here, and I'm glad to see him stick around in the area.
Is he in the Bay Area? I thought he went back to Sweden?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
He showed up at random events often enough that I thought he lived here, and I think I heard he was living in the area with his family the the past few years. They might have moved back to Sweden recently though, not sure.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Crankshaft Mechanic

Jun 27, 2024
RIP to a real one.

In all seriousness, Murray's game winning shot/assist in Game 4 against the Flames in '08 converted me to Sharks fandom. Randy Hahn with the incredible call, per usual.

Murray Connoisseurs correct me, but in that preseason hat trick game, did Hahn say something like "Murray—what's he doing down there?" right before he bombed a shot from the slot for one of his goals? Might have been a different game. I wish I could find video of that call.

As others referenced, some great hits / counter-hits in this compilation.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005

He showed up at random events often enough that I thought he lived here, and I think I heard he was living in the area with his family the the past few years. They might have moved back to Sweden recently though, not sure.
He’s the current president and director of the Sharks alumni foundation so he’s still heavily involved in a lot of Sharks related events. I believe he also has a few other business things going on out here as well.

I named my cat after him, he’s nice but he keeps randomly body checking my dog in the middle of the hallway.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
He’s the current president and director of the Sharks alumni foundation so he’s still heavily involved in a lot of Sharks related events. I believe he also has a few other business things going on out here as well.

I named my cat after him, he’s nice but he keeps randomly body checking my dog in the middle of the hallway.
Did you name your cat Crankshaft? Or Douggernaut?

A cat named Douglas?!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta