Celtics/NBA Jeff Bezos reportedly has no interest in buying the Celtics

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
FSG will absolutely destroy the Celtics. Every time they buy another team they care less and less about any of them winning a title. When they only owned the Sox that's all they cared about. Then they went hard to get Liverpool its championship.

Now they don't even call the teams "teams," they call them "assets."

FSG would never, not once, as NBA owners cross the second luxury tax threshold. I'm not even confident they'd cross the first.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
FSG will absolutely destroy the Celtics. Every time they buy another team they care less and less about any of them winning a title. When they only owned the Sox that's all they cared about. Then they went hard to get Liverpool it's championship.

Now they don't even call the teams "teams," they call them "assets."

FSG would never, not once, as NBA owners cross the second luxury tax threshold. I'm not even confident they'd cross the first.
Turki Alalshikh step right up 😭

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
i would take kraft over FSG if it came down to it. still hoping pagliuca takes majority ownership
I'm waiting for Jeremy Jacobs buying the Celtics followed by an extended NBA lockout resulting in the closing of the Bird Rule and Trade Exceptions and a hardening of the soft cap

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm waiting for Jeremy Jacobs buying the Celtics followed by an extended NBA lockout resulting in the closing of the Bird Rule and Trade Exceptions and a hardening of the soft cap
Deleware North, isn't even based here and there's no truth to any labor contract issues in the NBA.....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
latest roster announcements: Stevens is looking to add 2 more Exhibit 10 contracts to fill out the roster not counting Shrubb or Ron Harper, Jr.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
LATEST update via Delaware North ie Celtics sale/sharing TD Garden;

Celtics do not have an out clause to exercise until 2036 at the earliest;

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
As Boston Celtic Fans we are fortunate to have the owners we have. They are willing to pay the price for us to enjoy the best basketball in the World.

Because of these owners and their willingness to spend their money, we have, in my opinion, one of the best GMs in the sports business, Brad Stevens, along with his staff, the best NBA Head Coach, Joe Mazzulla, along with his staff, and then add to that group the best group of players available today. We are so fortunate.

Read what is being written about our Boston Celtics in The Athletic by Jared Weiss:

"Stevens has been smart in his roster construction. He moved to build a juggernaut before the new CBA kicked in and then spent this summer extending the Celtics' top stars for multiple years, thus keeping their window open. Unfortunately for the Celtics ownership group, that means there will be some heavy fines heading their way.

According to The Athletic's Jared Weiss, all indications are that Boston's ownership will eat the additional outlay for as long as the team remains a genuine contender."

I am so lucky to be a fan of this team. Any negatives I post are due to my frustration, my lack of knowledge about the subject or just plain stupidity on my part.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
As Boston Celtic Fans we are fortunate to have the owners we have. They are willing to pay the price for us to enjoy the best basketball in the World.

Because of these owners and their willingness to spend their money, we have, in my opinion, one of the best GMs in the sports business, Brad Stevens, along with his staff, the best NBA Head Coach, Joe Mazzulla, along with his staff, and then add to that group the best group of players available today. We are so fortunate.

Read what is being written about our Boston Celtics in The Athletic by Jared Weiss:

"Stevens has been smart in his roster construction. He moved to build a juggernaut before the new CBA kicked in and then spent this summer extending the Celtics' top stars for multiple years, thus keeping their window open. Unfortunately for the Celtics ownership group, that means there will be some heavy fines heading their way.

According to The Athletic's Jared Weiss, all indications are that Boston's ownership will eat the additional outlay for as long as the team remains a genuine contender."

I am so lucky to be a fan of this team. Any negatives I post are due to my frustration, my lack of knowledge about the subject or just plain stupidity on my part.
Brad Stevens, as Danny and the legend of Red before him, is President of Basketball Operations.... there is no 'GM' like you see on the hockey side of Delaware North w/ Sweeney.... Neely is as equivalent to what Stevens and Ainge are/were in the hiearchy.... also, Austin Ainge never left Boston when Danny went to Utah.... also of note the full 2024/2025 schedule outside of the IST/NBA Cup will be launched/released at 7 pm on NBA TV

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Brad Stevens, as Danny and the legend of Red before him, is President of Basketball Operations.... there is no 'GM' like you see on the hockey side of Delaware North w/ Sweeney.... Neely is as equivalent to what Stevens and Ainge are/were in the hiearchy.... also, Austin Ainge never left Boston when Danny went to Utah.... also of note the full 2024/2025 schedule outside of the IST/NBA Cup will be launched/released at 7 pm on NBA TV
:huh:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I wanted him back
no room on the the current roster after the 2 way contracts and Harper, Jr. and the Exhibit 10 contracts the team already has already committed to.... Yabusele is past the stage of an E-10 deal.... and you want Yabusele over Brissett, is that what you're saying.....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
no room on the the current roster after the 2 way contracts and Harper, Jr. and the Exhibit 10 contracts the team already has already committed to.... Yabusele is past the stage of an E-10 deal.... and you want Yabusele over Brissett, is that what you're saying.....
Before Harper was signed, I wanted the dancing bear back. He wanted to come back too. Thought he be a good fit for us.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
FWIW, on his latest podcast, Bill Simmons said that there is legitimate buzz around Amazon's Jeff Bezos buying the Celtics and then building a new basketball and concert venue in Boston.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Ad

Upcoming events

• Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Andorra vs Malta
    Andorra vs Malta
    Wagers: 3