GDT: Don't watch this game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
TBH that is such a finicky call. I'd be livid if they called it against the 'Canes. But it's cause they want the ruling to be black and white, if you say make it subjective like, "The refs decide it impacted the play", then just get goalie interference or NFL holding (which is the standard for holding).

If it happened to the Canes I would die laughing at how much of Canes thing that would be to happen. The fact that it happened the other way is a weird feeling.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
TBH that is such a finicky call. I'd be livid if they called it against the 'Canes. But it's cause they want the ruling to be black and white, if you say make it subjective like, "The refs decide it impacted the play", then just get goalie interference or NFL holding (which is the standard for holding).

I mean, the ruling *is* black and white. With the right camera angle, that play was clearly, obviously offside, and the Canes had to risk a minor to prove it.

Our video team is f***ing awesome.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Generic-V-button.png

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

A guy on the Tampa boards brought up a good point. If he played the puck, it’d be too many men. His replacement is already “on” the ice. In that case, should he not be considered off the ice?

To be completely transparent the door being in the offensive zone is a nuance of the game I never realized or considered until the last few weeks when I’ve been diving into NHL 19 Be a Pro and I got called offsides once or twice when going for line changes. I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
A guy on the Tampa boards brought up a good point. If he played the puck, it’d be too many men. His replacement is already “on” the ice. In that case, should he not be considered off the ice?

Actually I’m thinking through this logically and I don’t think the conclusion follows. If he played the puck it’d be too many men on the ice, which implies he’s on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad