Friedman: Don't be surprised if the Marner situation plays out over the season

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Why do people still listen to Friedman. He is a rumour starting hack and never has anything good to say.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'm sure if the fanbase shits on him enough at games, he'll want to leave.

lol
You think that guy hasn’t heard all the shit thrown at him already? He still thinks he’s a god lol
You think he/his agent are going to be pressured into going somewhere he doesn’t want to go?
He can just wait, walk into a sunset full of cash happy place whoever he wants to go at the end of the season. (And that team won’t have to give anything up and weaken themselves)

Also that trade is not happening in season - who will have room for that cap hit?

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
But its Dreger dropping the bomb that he thinks Treliving would do such and such...

Anything apart from Dreger's thought to rail against?

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
If he's not going to re-sign you trade him simple

I think the Gaudreau situation will cause Trev to trade him if he wont resign, you cant let him walk for nothing

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
So be it. I haven't hated a player as much as Marner in a long time, if ever. If the guy played the way he negotiated his contracts we'd all love him. Instead he again uses the media, tries to put pressure on the team, etc.

If he thinks he is going to just play it out like Willy did he is mistaken. It is going to be a major distraction the entire season. The failure is on Shanahan not moving him last year and the fans are not going to take it.

He will be booed every time he touches the puck if it comes to it. Marner jersey on the ice every game. f*** him.
LOL grow up, No he wont LOL

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Since Treliving has taken over, the only insider who has alluded to things that have come to fruition has been Elliot Friedman.

I still rate Dreger as an insider, but he doesn't have the scoops like he used when Nonis was in charge.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
If he's not going to re-sign you trade him simple

I think the Gaudreau situation will cause Trev to trade him if he wont resign, you cant let him walk for nothing
Not that simple if Mitch won't waive his NMC, resign this summer or during the season. It might not matter what the Leafs want cause Marner holds the cards unless the Leafs decide to play hardball and tell him you won't play with Auston or Willy this season. That would hurt his production and in turn hurt his negotiating power next offseason. He would also lose the eighth year of any contract and we all know the Marner camp doesn't like losing any money....

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
LOL grow up, No he wont LOL

I know my fanbase. We are sick of him and his Diva BS. Non leaf fans not showered with the media of it don't get it. And yes, it is quite different than literally any other player how his agent uses the media.

Reactions: JKG33

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Since Treliving has taken over, the only insider who has alluded to things that have come to fruition has been Elliot Friedman.

I still rate Dreger as an insider, but he doesn't have the scoops like he used when Nonis was in charge.
Dreger is tight with Marner's agent. He definitely has insight when it comes to Darren Ferris' clients. So much so, that I've said I think he's almost a mouthpiece for him. I like Dreger, but it's something to keep in mind. Not everything needs to come from Treliving's mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00