Don Cherry

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you miss Don Cherry?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Just cause someone supports the military dosent mean they must serve...nor their family...I support science but do not work in that field...

This is one if rhe dumbest false equivalencies I have ever read..
It's much harder to become a scientist than join the army so your point makes no sense.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
No, it means quite often the biggest loudmouths who constantly go on about how much they love the troops and support every war never sign up to join and neither do their families.
Chickenhawk is the name for those folks. And Don Cherry, while I have no problem with him “supporting the troops,” was also very much a chickenhawk. A xenophobe to the Nth degree, and it’s laughable people will claim he’s not.

Just cause someone supports the military dosent mean they must serve...nor their family...I support science but do not work in that field...

This is one if rhe dumbest false equivalencies I have ever read..
It’s less about supporting the troops and more about supporting war and claiming the troops are defending freedoms and our “way of life.”

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Chickenhawk is the name for those folks. And Don Cherry, while I have no problem with him “supporting the troops,” was also very much a chickenhawk. A xenophobe to the Nth degree, and it’s laughable people will claim he’s not.

It’s less about supporting the troops and more about supporting war and claiming the troops are defending freedoms and our “way of life.”
Jaster that's shameful...

I'm not a teacher but I support them, including increased pay, funding and respect for the job they do.

Cuck is the word for those who would call Cherry just a chickenhawk

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Jaster that's shameful...

I'm not a teacher but I support them, including increased pay, funding and respect for the job they do.

Cuck is the word for those who would call Cherry just a chickenhawk
For the 3rd time, it’s not about supporting the troops, whatever that even means.

But yes. I, who have been to war, am the cuck. While Cherry, who never served and has supported wars meant to prop up the military industrial complex under the guise of pRoTeCtInG oUr fReEdOmS while really just killing a bunch of brown people, is not a chickenhawk. Right.

“Shameful.” Lmao :laugh:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
For the 3rd time, it’s not about supporting the troops, whatever that even means.

But yes. I, who have been to war, am the cuck. While Cherry, who never served and has supported wars meant to prop up the military industrial complex under the guise of pRoTeCtInG oUr fReEdOmS while really just killing a bunch of brown people, is not a chickenhawk. Right.

“Shameful.” Lmao :laugh:
For the third time, the post I replied yo explicitly referred to Cherrys support for the troops, and weaponized that against him as a chatacter flaw because he never served.

The rest is your personal political values/beliefs, which you've earned , and dont belong on a hockey forum

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
What does that have to do with anything ?

The difficulty to get into a profession is what should determine level of respect?
No, but if you make it such a part of your personality and it's relatively easy to get into and it may require you to put your life on the line and you don't do it, well you're just a blowhard then. And his schtick wasn't just supporting the troops , it was criticizing anyone who doesn't support war which involves western troops.

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
For the third time, the post I replied yo explicitly referred to Cherrys support for the troops, and weaponized that against him as a chatacter flaw because he never served.
And in my post I was clear about it being more than that. I don’t represent every other poster you disagree with. I’m the one who brought up “chickenhawk,” and I was clear about why. Cherry is a chickenhawk by every definition of the word. Cherry’s “support of the troops” does not negate the fact that he also wants them in foreign lands blowing up innocent people while he makes a fortune ranting about a sport in an air-conditioned studio.

The rest is your personal political values/beliefs, which you've earned , and dont belong on a hockey forum
Says the guy who is applying the label “cuck” to people he disagrees with. That’s rich.

Reactions: DanielMarois

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
And in my post I was clear about it being more than that. I don’t represent every other poster you disagree with. I’m the one who brought up “chickenhawk,” and I was clear about why. Cherry is a chickenhawk by every definition of the word. Cherry’s “support of the troops” does not negate the fact that he also wants them in foreign lands blowing up innocent people while he makes a fortune ranting about a sport in an air-conditioned studio.

Says the guy who is applying the label “cuck” to people he disagrees with. That’s rich.
Woah.. I was not calling you that anymore than you were suggesting I was a chickenhawk

tabness

will play for 4 million 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I miss 1990 Cherry. I do not miss 2010 Cherry. You would have a hard time convincing me he was even paying attention to the games he was talking about toward the end.

I miss the Don Cherry who had endless praise for Steve Yzerman and Bob Probert.

I do not miss the xenophobic Don Cherry who hated the influx of European players.

exactly this when it was still mostly about the hockey and you could just hand wave some of the less savory things he said away and he always left the Canadian military shout out crap for the end

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Woah.. I was not calling you that anymore than you were suggesting I was a chickenhawk
Ok, then I misread, apologies. I think you said you’re a veteran too. I won’t assume anything about your service, but man. I’ve lost friends. I just don’t have any time anymore for people who support wars and have no skin in the game, no matter how much they claim to “support the troops.” I’m over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad