Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] D Oliver Ekman-Larsson signs with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
So now because he's a leaf OEL is suddenly a top 4 Dman again who can QB a #1 PP unit. Unreal. Toronto fans always taking that dbl shot of koolaid. This guy is a bottom pairing Dman at this stage of his career. Toronto thinking he's anything but are just setting themselves up for disappointment. There is a reason Vancouver bought this guy out. Toronto doesn't have the D core to shield this guy. I predict things get ugly real quick.

I haven't seen anything more than a 4/5 who can run a PP

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Kypreos said on Sportsnet yesterday that he thinks OEL quarterbacks the #1PP unit and takes Rielly's spot.

probably, that's what they wanted from Klingberg last year

I think the Leafs should have targeted Brett Pesce but he now makes 5.5M and the Leafs wouldn't have enough cap space for Tanev.

Pesce was always going to NJ, wanted to be close to home

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's easy to laugh at Toronto, and maybe the OEL/Tanev deals aren't the smartest contract offers they've ever made, but they addressed a need. They are better with these two guys than without. As a bruins fan, I hope the infighting amongst Toronto fans starts immediately regarding their roster, but even I'll admit they are a better team today. On paper anyway.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
After watching the sportsnet podcast. Sounds like the leafs are going to have OEL as their #4Dman to start the season. And it gives an opportunity for Liljegren to step up and show that he can be a top 4 dman.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad