Stan Bowman linked to Edmonton oilers GM job

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Why don't they just sign Carter Hart while they're at it?

Or hell, isn't Slava Voynov still available?
Or play some of their games at Maple Leaf Gardens . I'm sure Cliff Fletcher could set up a deal.

Beach issues aside, Bowman made very few good decisions from the 2015 offseason until when he was let go. Bad roster decisions, bad drafting, bad coaching hire, and just an overall flawed methodology of the correct way to build a team once the dynasty core aged out.

I wouldn’t be too excited as an Oiler fan from a pure hockey perspective as I’m sure they’re mostly not thrilled with his hiring from the scandal either
Well they wanted Treviling and his historic track record of building winners but Shanny beat them to it.

Reactions: Crow

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Doesn't sound like Jeff Jackson had even given this one second of thought based on his interview from today. To me this reeks of someone connected to the Bowman camp trying to drum up interest.

Reactions: NeverForget06

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Beach issues aside, Bowman made very few good decisions from the 2015 offseason until when he was let go. Bad roster decisions, bad drafting, bad coaching hire, and just an overall flawed methodology of the correct way to build a team once the dynasty core aged out.

I wouldn’t be too excited as an Oiler fan from a pure hockey perspective as I’m sure they’re mostly not thrilled with his hiring from the scandal either
Sounds alot like how crappy Pens GM and Kings GM were when their cores aged out. Maybe with a core aging out there's just not much that can be done to save it.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Why not? The Oilers should lean into being the biggest villains in the league.

Hart and Foote to Edmonton !!!
The Oilers should sign all five of them for league minimum as soon as they're eligible. The seethe would be downright glorious if they won a cup and all the hockey media people that says they want chaos would really be put on a stool.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Why not? The Oilers should lean into being the biggest villains in the league.

The Oilers should sign all five of them for league minimum as soon as they're eligible. The seethe would be downright glorious if they won a cup and all the hockey media people that says they want chaos would really be put on a stool.

I can't wait for the cope and seethe when they are found innocent and reinstated into the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad