Knights fans displeased with how the team has handled its star players

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
Realistically, how will this run-and-gun management style effect jersey/merchandise sales both in the long term and short term? New and exciting star names coming in year after year will keep the fanbase excited but even your average Joe Six Pack Sports Fan must catch on eventually. Those Stone, Eichel and Pietrangelo sweaters will be sitting in the back of the closet in a couple of years. Just how much cash are the fans willing to drop on fly-by stars?

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Eh I don't agree. If someone busts their ass for you and brings you a Cup and is a Conn Smythe trophy winner just a season ago, you owe it to them to treat them with a higher level of respect than some random cap casualty to be kicked to the curb. We're not talking about like 2-3 years ago even here, dude was the Conn Smythe trophy winner 12 freaking months ago, lol.

Other players around the league are going to start to take notice of this stuff, it was one thing when it was MAF but now it's piling up.
Nah this is cope lol

Players will still be happy to go to Vegas

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Multiple things can be true at once.

I’m not abandoning my team, but am I pissed? Sure. And I have a right to be. Just as much as Bolts fans for Brisebois’ handling of Stamkos.

Schadenfreude, sympathy, and shit-posting all go to the same place. I’ll back my team, wait for various heads to roll and stick through it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good post.

As a Jets fan I don’t feel your pain but I wish I did.

Vegas runs their org in a very cut throat business like fashion. They will do anything to win and have no problem punting their beloved players. In our little mom and pop family business our coach had to fire himself even though everyone knew it was time to put the dog down.

This was smart move by Vegas, once guys fall off it happens fast and he will be turning 34 in December.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Vegas fans clearly haven't seen a real stretch of mediocrity for them to cry about how their gm is operating right now , 31 other fanbases want cut throat management like theirs
Vegas fans when they haven't won the cup for 5 years:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-14-at-3.22.00-AM-1600x900.jpg

Canadian fans:

james-franco-first-time-meme.jpg

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
I envy how cutthroat Vegas is. If you're not good enough you're outta here. I seem to remember there was a ton of fan backlash to them chucking MAF into a pit. Does anyone care now?
It's what I appreciated LA doing with PLD, the recognized it was mistake and worked to fix it, we've done that, Tatar, Mantha are couple of examples swings and misses that we moved on from.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's what I appreciated LA doing with PLD, the recognized it was mistake and worked to fix it, we've done that, Tatar, Mantha are couple of examples swings and misses that we moved on from.
It's funny to listen to people talk about "loyalty" and sure it's important to a degree but there's a fine line between being loyal to your players and sunk cost fallacies.

The ultimate goal is to win the Cup, not make friends.

Reactions: hangman005

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I feel bad for them.

As a gesture of good faith, the Montreal Canadiens send over Gallagher and Anderson so the Knights fans can see what being loyal to players does to your team.

• Wow

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
It's funny to listen to people talk about "loyalty" and sure it's important to a degree but there's a fine line between being loyal to your players and sunk cost fallacies.

The ultimate goal is to win the Cup, not make friends.
I agree, it's a nice change from the rest of the league, I think as well if Vegas was less Vegasy, it probably makes it easier to degree, Vegas wants to win and if they did may make it easier to move when your usefulness runs out, you hope it never does.... I think it's a good sign their committed to winning... it's just hard to get attached to anyone. I mean I joke about it but there is a bit of seriousness to it too, I'd have no qualms moving Stone, our Captain, we can't afford to have our good players our injured for so long and so often.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree, it's a nice change from the rest of the league, I think as well if Vegas was less Vegasy, it probably makes it easier to degree, Vegas wants to win and if they did may make it easier to move when your usefulness runs out, you hope it never does.... I think it's a good sign their committed to winning... it's just hard to get attached to anyone. I mean I joke about it but there is a bit of seriousness to it too, I'd have no qualms moving Stone, our Captain, we can't afford to have our good players our injured for so long and so often.
My biggest gripe with Ken Holland was his inability to step on the toes of others and rewarding loyalty with lengthy extensions. "You can't squeeze other GMs" was a rather infamous quote of his...

You do what it takes to win, and if you're not pulling as hard as you can you can go to another team.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Marchessault's comments here are kind of ridiculous, IMO. Vegas has done everything possible to game the salary cap to retain talent, but at some point you just run out of rabbits to pull from the hat. If Marchessault really wanted to stay in Vegas, he could have taken an 'unfair' contract offer (which would still pay him several million dollars) to continue playing there.

As long as there are GMs who will hand out bad contracts to guys in their mid 30s, stuff like this will happen. You're gonna see this next off-season when lifelong Panther Aaron Ekblad gets offered like 2x2 by the team and then winds up signing an awful contract in a place like Anaheim.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Any good team will look at players as strictly a commodity. These guys get paid millions of dollars to play a game and the executives shouldn't care too much how a player feels. Treat the players well but teams don't owe them any favors when it comes to contracts.

I think everyone on this forum would gladly trade positions with him and his millions.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
guy is a big whiner, whines about this, whines when he loses at poker. vegas should be saying good riddance right now. guy forgets its a business.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I envy how cutthroat Vegas is. If you're not good enough you're outta here. I seem to remember there was a ton of fan backlash to them chucking MAF into a pit. Does anyone care now?

I mean the dude literally won a Conn Smythe trophy 12 months ago and just scored 40 goals for them this season, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad