• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Negative stuff?
Slamming the door on his teammates after Muzzin flipped a puck at him. Not doing anything but yap after somebody took his mouthguard and slapped it away. I could just imagine the heat Mathews would take if that happened to him.

Reactions: bax

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Slamming the door on his teammates after Muzzin flipped a puck at him. Not doing anything but yap after somebody took his mouthguard and slapped it away. I could just imagine the heat Mathews would take if that happened to him.

Haha I miss Muzzin that was amazing. Seeing Tkachuk act like a little baby and slam the door on Giordano his captain killed me lmao. Couldn’t even throw the water bottles down properly.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Oh, actually positive stuff.

We saw what Matthews does and we heard what Chiarot had to say about it.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Nylander is the ceiling. Tough to expect the weaker player to take more and taking a discount would be great.
Such a strange thing that the weaker player gets deployed more minutes per game consistently.
You are going to have to really polish this turd of a statement a lot more

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
That's a hell of a nice scapegoat campaign y'all got goin on Keefe :laugh:

Wasn't even a Keefe fan at all (quite the opposite) but y'all really are pinning Mitch's playoff choking on him :laugh:

You're happy with the job Keefe did?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
To extend a cheesy car analogy.

Auston Matthews is a Lamborghini. That’s great. Matthew Tkachuk is a Land Rover which is less glamorous and more utilitarian.

Tkachuk got you to where you needed to go, in tough conditions and you have no regrets about the whole journey, you rest easy sipping a beer out of a mug.

Meanwhile Matthews still needs to make that journey himself, and is unproven over uncertain terrain and tough conditions up ahead. You think the Lambo is a better car but is it?
This years Fla Panthers would have won with or without Tkachuk. Bob was outstanding. The team played an aggressive style that took away time and space.

To extend a cheesy car analogy.

Auston Matthews is a Lamborghini. That’s great. Matthew Tkachuk is a Land Rover which is less glamorous and more utilitarian.

Tkachuk got you to where you needed to go, in tough conditions and you have no regrets about the whole journey, you rest easy sipping a beer out of a mug.

Meanwhile Matthews still needs to make that journey himself, and is unproven over uncertain terrain and tough conditions up ahead. You think the Lambo is a better car but is it?

Land Rovers are notoriously unreliable.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You'd think reasonable people would understand that point. It's really not a hard concept to grasp. I guess there is a level of immaturity in every fan base.
I don't think anyone is saying he's the only problem. But if you have a broken leg, a sprained finger, three bruises and hair loss, you should know which needs to be fixed first.

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic?
Sarcastic in the phrasing.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Such a strange thing that the weaker player gets deployed more minutes per game consistently.
That is exactly why we now have a new coach or do you think Keefe was doing a good job

This is a Mess!

New exercise, compare the same players you are, but now, over the same timeframe.

View attachment 898778View attachment 898779

I wonder why you chose career for one player and not the other... completely honest and no motive, good job.

Career wise Matthews and Marner > Tkachuk for PPG, just incase you want to compare careers.

Matthews is better than Tkachuk in the playoffs, so I really don't understand this logic.
Me either……my game is weak today. lol

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
His forum handle was in the quote you copied into your response but you couldn't get it correct in your post? Simply lazy.
Paul, your weak attempts at shaming don't work on me. Or anyone else for that matter.

Your game is weak, bro.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Certainly a strange thing, and I don't want to polish that turd Keefe - let's see what happens under a real coach.

With 6.8% more ice time per game, playing mainly with much better linemates, he produced 2.5% higher ppg.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Former NHLer and current NHL Network analyst Stu Grimson revealed the expected return for the Toronto Maple Leafs if they were to trade Mitch Marner.​

At this point, many across the NHL, fans included, expect Leafs forward Mitch Marner to play out the final year of his six-year deal rather than sign an extension or approve a trade. However, should the Leafs trade the 27-year-old, current NHL Network analyst and former NHLer Stu Grimson believes that the Leafs will be looking for one specific type of player in return.

"This group needs a little more sandpaper. They need more grit where their top-six is concerned. You look at that list of candidates in their top-six and I go back to the Florida series. The trouble that club had with Tkachuk and Bennett. Both players who factor in the top six for the Florida Panthers. I know the Leafs covet that kind of gritty presence as part of your top six, who can also generate top-end offensive numbers...

It'll be a haul. I got to believe there'll be a solid, established impact NHL player as part of the mix and perhaps a mix of picks and prospects... But it should be a rich return without question."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IPS
Jul 10, 2003
KW
Nylander is the floor. Tough to expect the better player to take less although taking a discount would be great.
Marner's current contract is the floor, always was. If Nylander took 9 are you saying Marner would accept less than he's currently making? Also Marner will use his cap percentage not dollar figures, what does his existing cap % equate to under the new cap? Wasn't it around 11.7 or something like that? He's going to be looking for a bump in his cap percentage so that takes him to 12.5 x 8

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I don't think anyone is saying he's the only problem. But if you have a broken leg, a sprained finger, three bruises and hair loss, you should know which needs to be fixed first.

Sarcastic in the phrasing.

Duh! ...clearly you fix your hair problem, the nurse might be hot ...

Former NHLer and current NHL Network analyst Stu Grimson revealed the expected return for the Toronto Maple Leafs if they were to trade Mitch Marner.​

At this point, many across the NHL, fans included, expect Leafs forward Mitch Marner to play out the final year of his six-year deal rather than sign an extension or approve a trade. However, should the Leafs trade the 27-year-old, current NHL Network analyst and former NHLer Stu Grimson believes that the Leafs will be looking for one specific type of player in return.

He didn't reveal shit, he speculated what he thought was a reasonable return. Journalism has taken a shit dive in the last 10 years.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Marner's current contract is the floor, always was. If Nylander took 9 are you saying Marner would accept less than he's currently making? Also Marner will use his cap percentage not dollar figures, what does his existing cap % equate to under the new cap? Wasn't it around 11.7 or something like that? He's going to be looking for a bump in his cap percentage so that takes him to 12.5 x 8

You nailed it IMO. @$12.56 mil per over 8 years....

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Ferris took advantage of Dubie and priced Mitch out of the market. Now he's likely having discussions that are not as pleasant as the first go around. Much more fun at the circus.

Your logic tracks but if they want to keep the racket going and save face it's likely in an undesirable location. Many of the traditional salary arguments go out the window now as the adults clean up the mess on a contender.

Next season has a lot to do with what ends up happening, but as it stands today Willy is the ceiling. And we don't know if Tre wants two double digit wingers on his team to begin with.

Mitch is worth about 10.5M today, and next offseason it will be a bit more, and UFA stars are often able to squeeze an overpay, but for the Leafs, the budget for his services could be difficult.

Reactions: Confucius

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Ain’t listening to another goon that agrees with Messier, Gretzky, Chelios, Carter, Hrudy, Ferraro, etc.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You nailed it IMO. @$12.56 mil per over 8 years....
He’s only accepting that over 4 or 5 yrs in Toronto and I don’t blame him. There are 25-30 better places to live so 8 yrs in Toronto is 13.75- 14.25.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $1,050.00