Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
If I told you that Marner suffered a high ankle sprain near the end of the season, would you still boo him?

Yeah I learned this after the Nazem Kadri incidents where he was the only player with the balls to fight fire with fire when the Bruins were taking runs at the Leafs players all night.

Was honestly shocked at how many fans opted to sanctimoniously berate Kadri instead of seeing the incident for what it actually was. Was the cherry on top was when the superior and better ran organization in Colorado decided to take on Kadri and won the cup with him.

Mind you it is Toronto, probably more weak men here per capita than anywhere else on earth.
Are you the tough guy exception, or the weak majority?

• Haha
Reactions: Mr_Fun and ACC1224

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
For someone who loved Toronto and loved playing with Marner, ROR sure ran away as soon as possible.:sarcasm:

This. He certainly wasn't talking about Mitch when he smeared Leafs locker room while running away .

The spin is strong with Mitch PR team, but on their defence, they have little to work with.

What?

Tkachuk has a 109 point season. And a 104 point season.

He’s better than Marner.

ROFL

They keep comparing Mitchs pacing to other players actual production. It doesn't matter that they check no one elses pacing, only real production for others, compared to Mitchs pacing, future , plus additional homeboy credit.

:DD:DD:DD

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why is there no general Marner thread anymore? That used to be my go to for reading through coming here. Now we just have a thread on whether to boo him or not? Weak stuff.
The daily fantasies there, although redundant were pretty entertaining. :laugh:
Start up a new one, must be time for a new poll.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If it is on YouTube it's gotta be true :)

I thought points were only for those who don't know how to watch?

TBH I'm not even sure what the rules are anymore, those Marner goal posts have been moved so many times they are buried underground...

Reactions: ACC1224

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This. He certainly wasn't talking about Mitch when he smeared Leafs locker room while running away .

The spin is strong with Mitch PR team, but on their defence, they have little to work with.

ROFL

They keep comparing Mitchs pacing to other players actual production. It doesn't matter that they check no one elses pacing, only real production for others, compared to Mitchs pacing, future , plus additional homeboy credit.

:DD:DD:DD

Why lie bro? Mitch's comparable over the first 8 years of his career, 6 of the 10 players are HOFer's, Mitch Marner Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Salary, Title | Hockey-Reference.com

Yes. Next question.

Are you going to boo, Willie, JT and Matty?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Are you going to boo, Willie, JT and Matty?
JT, no, though I'm closest of the three to a boo. Mostly I write long-winded posts about how I think he's unfit to be captain of the team and should have the C stripped from his chest.

Nylander definitely not. Guy is a gamer who delivers in the playoffs. He's overpaid now, but if I was going to boo people for being overpaid I'd have been hating this core far longer than I have.

I'm not at the point where I'll boo Matthews, but he has long since lost the lustre that he once had. The difference between him and Marner is that while Matthews fails to step up and deliver in the playoffs, Marner becomes one of our worst players in important games (evidence game 3 against Florida, games 5-7 of the Montreal series).

As a collective, I'd boo the entire team, the above included. Marner is the only individual player I'd single out.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
JT, no, though I'm closest of the three to a boo. Mostly I write long-winded posts about how I think he's unfit to be captain of the team and should have the C stripped from his chest.

Nylander definitely not. Guy is a gamer who delivers in the playoffs. He's overpaid now, but if I was going to boo people for being overpaid I'd have been hating this core far longer than I have.

I'm not at the point where I'll boo Matthews, but he has long since lost the lustre that he once had. The difference between him and Marner is that while Matthews fails to step up and deliver in the playoffs, Marner becomes one of our worst players in important games (evidence game 3 against Florida, games 5-7 of the Montreal series).

As a collective, I'd boo the entire team, the above included. Marner is the only individual player I'd single out.

Why?

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
The answer to why I won't boo the other big guns is in the first three paragraphs of the post. I believe the supporting cast are not to blame, as the team is built around the big4, therefore almost all of the criticism and disdain should be directed at the big 4. Ergo, if I believe the big4 are the problem and I am willing to boo the big 4, but not the other three, Marner is the last one.

But more directly, it's because he is the one of the four who has played the worst as the pressure builds (see my Matthews paragraph). Because the playoffs scare him so much that he'll take a puck around the net rather than stick it into an empty net when there's a hit coming. It's because it's his ego that the team has been coddling for years (sure as heck isn't Nylander or JT); it's because he's the one who never takes responsibility, blames the fanbase and media for putting "shambles in his brain", sticks the screws to Dubas for every penny and then makes a cringe-inducing video thanking the city and telling us how much the Leafs mean to him. It's because of all of these my patience and charity for him as a player have long worn out and I hope that he is either traded (regardless of return) or walks as a UFA next summer.

The worst part of all this is that I believe him, the Leafs really do mean everything to him, he just has no answer when it comes to performing in the playoffs. That's why he cries in the penalty box. I'm sorry that it's ending like this, I'm sure he is too, but until he figures out that he's in the bed of his own making, he'll never figure out why. Boohoo, but mostly boo.

Last edited:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I thought points were only for those who don't know how to watch?
They are, that's why the Marner fan club keeps talking about his point total to justify his dog shit play and attitude in the playoffs.

I believe the OP that brought up Tkachuks point was just pointing out, that even by that dumb points only metric and ignoring everything else that happens in a game, Tkachuk has been the superior performer. Because the person he responded to was talking about being unable to quantify it, when referring to Tkachuk.

So even by your own metrics and the rest of the hockey world that "knows how to watch" Tkachuk has been significantly better and more impactful. By your stat metrics, the point totals prove it + his cup win vs Marners stats + playoff history. And by the eye test, which most people use, Tkachuk blows him out of the water.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
FYI - there is a Marner poll on the main board if anyone is looking to get their froth on.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Matthews has never had a season above 107 points, is Tkachuk better than Matty?
Probably. Different background and has that will to win. If you have a really solid team and need one guy to get over the hump to win a championship, you probably take Tkachuk over Matthews.

• Love
Reactions: mikeyz

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
If it is on YouTube it's gotta be true :)

TBH I'm not even sure what the rules are anymore, those Marner goal posts have been moved so many times they are buried underground...

Is this another attempt to excuse his lack of scoring? Especially in the playoffs? are fans moving the goal posts for Mitch?

I feel you bruh, it was five times puck over the glass (five fracking times) and when he is not doing it, they complain about crying on the bench? Not scoring ?

One can't wait how they'll move the post for top salary in the league on RFA next ! Pesky haters! You tell them Hellcat

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad