Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Booing him on opening night would be about as stupid as it gets, it's a new season. Like you said, if he does the same BS in the playoffs next year again, then deserved. But would been embarrassing if the fans start booing him in the regular season if the team is doing fine. If someone wants to Boo him go for it, I just think it looks silly.
Boo him! Boo him without MERCY!!!!!!!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that should be booed is bad pun.

What's the shortest distance between two puns?

A straight line.

Feel free to boo.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
As a matter of fact, I'm gonna spend a lot of money and get tickets and fly in and get a hotel for the home opener and start a "Marner Sucks" chant, until that soft dumbass gets the message.

Hope he cries.

Reactions: LeafGrief

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Speaking of things that should be booed, I wonder if the advertisers who get 'hits' here know that a lot of them are because the ads keep moving around, and are usually hit be accident?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Marner is what he is soft timid and way over paid but he has a good agent.
The ones that needed/need to be booed are Dubas and Shanny.
They are the architects of what is going to be the biggest failure of a rebuild when afforded some very skilled players.
They deserve the boos

Should probably boo Treliving for giving out raises for nothing, no?

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
As a matter of fact, I'm gonna spend a lot of money and get tickets and fly in and get a hotel for the home opener and start a "Marner Sucks" chant, until that soft dumbass gets the message.

Hope he cries.

That'd be great because the people around you would think it's great.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Exactly, can’t win with half a team, time for the other 18 to pick it up. lol!
Hahahahah. That’s one way to look at it, I’ll give you that.

Should probably boo Treliving for giving out raises for nothing, no?
Yup. I’m about 15 minutes away from lumping him in with Dubas and Shanny. Starting to look like Shanny is the common denominator

Reactions: Confucius

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I am a Leaf fan, judging those who attempt to boo and damage the team I cheer for, and be disruptive to the experience of everybody around them, because they think they are entitled to a cup. It is a free country. That means people are free to boo. It also means that people are free to judge and shame childish and counterproductive behaviour.

No, but apparently the people booing do, or they wouldn't be doing something so pointless.
lmao

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Leafs and Marner already get boo’ed by the home crowd on a semi regular basis, most recently in Game 4 of the playoffs. So if they play like toads I’m sure they’ll hear it.

Reactions: myleafs

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Yes, he will be boò'd if he wears those white skates Mrs. Mitchy ģave him.

Having read about the white skates in practice I suggest his ego is so big there is no way the Leafs ciukf afford him even if they wanted.

Bye bye Mitchy, I love your talent BUT,

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Ok I'm not here to make a huge stand on defending Marner, but maybe its a bit of recency bias that make us so upset about him:

-He was coming off of an injury, what % was he playing at in the playoffs this year? I know everyone is banged up, but his injury wasn't just a 'little banged up' thing. Maybe, just maybe, he was toughing it out through a lot of discomfort and pain and it can impact your play.

-Before this playoffs, Marner was averaging .94 points per game in the playoffs (over 50 games). Matthews .88, Nylander .80, Tavares .71.

-Before this playoffs, Marner was a +9 through is Leaf's playoff career. Matthews even. Nylander -1, Tavares -9.

-Before this playoffs, Marner had 3 game winning goals in the playoffs. Matthews 5. Nylander 2. Tavares 1.

-Marner spends a lot of time killing penalties. He puts effort and has ice time out there short handed. 0ver 97 minutes in the playoffs on the PK. Matthews about 3 minutes. Nylander about 3 minutes. Tavares about 1 minute. I'm sure its a lot nicer when the PK is out there to sit on the bench and get a couple minutes of rest so you can go back out there full speed when the PK is over, the other 3 get that, Marner doesn't.

-He doesn't get as many goals as the other guys, but the VAST majority (close to 80%) of his assists are primary assists, meaning he is contributing to the goals that are being scored by the other guys.

I'm not saying I want them to re-sign Marner to 7 years and $85 million. I'm just saying, historically he actually is one of the better guys on this team in the playoffs. He wasn't this year, but up to this year, many of the numbers show it, and the 'eye test' (before this year) shows it too (at least to me).

Reactions: ACC1224

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Booo, boooo

It will be hard to tell, because he always arrives out of shape or as his fans call it, slow October :D, but this time booing will be caused by his persistence of f*cking Leafs even more by not waving his NMC.

You got paid like the best of the best, you failed to deliver, take your underserved money and leave please. Thank you Mitch, no need to f*ck organization that overpaid you for the better part of the decade anymore.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Because you paid a lot of money for those tickets you fool!

Wait......you had a choice?

/s

(if it's not obvious, ACC1224 asks a great question here which has a simple answer)

When it comes to cap, Mitch is our McJeses and takes it all, but when it comes to blame distribution ACC1224 quickly points out Mitch is just one of the cogs and all of them sucked ass. ROFL

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Booo, boooo

It will be hard to tell, because he always arrives out of shape or as his fans call it, slow October :D, but this time booing will be caused by his persistence of f*cking Leafs even more by not waving his NMC.

You got paid like the best of the best, you failed to deliver, take your underserved money and leave please. Thank you Mitch, no need to f*ck organization that overpaid you for the better part of the decade anymore.
He hasn't gotten paid yet.

That's what everyone is thinking about.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I think he gets booed.

If they are 21-20 at the halfway point again they will ALL get booed. But Marner will take the brunt of the wrath. For anyone who thinks the team needs him to be successful that's just not true.

When I was in grade one we played a game of baseball at school.

For every pitch the kid missed the teacher would take a step closer and lob a softie until the kid finally connected. One little girl kept missing until the teacher was like five feet from her when she smashed a line drive straight into his nuts. He had to have his ruptured testicle removed but somehow managed to live through it all.

Just because you think you can't live without something doesn't make it true.

The Leafs have done just fine without Marner in the lineup whenever he's been injured. They will continue to do just fine without him altogether. Running this guy out of town should be priority number one to initiate change.

If that means booing him off the team the fans will do it.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
A valid reason for disappointment and Booing.,

Marner is a very talented player who particularly excels in the regular season. During the 2023-24 season he put up an impressive 85 points in 69 GP. However, Marner's struggles in the playoffs continued, as he only put up 3 points in 7 playoff games, which is a huge contributing factor in their round 1 loss. An extremely disappointing statistic came out on Marner's postseason play that proves he is the worst point producer of the entire Core 4 in games 5, 6 and 7 over the past 5 postseasons,

In the past 6 years Marner has never scored a goal in game #5-7 of a series and only recorded a mere 5 assists and by far the weakest link of the Core 4.

1721924129002.png

How can any team be willing to pay Marner $12 mil or more as one of the highest players in the league when his playoff stats are this disappointing?

Reactions: Brad C

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
He will get bo OED very heavily. Fans want him gone and see him as an overpaid weak playoff performer. We have watched this team for 8 years. Repackaging won't help fans. forget. Marner doesn't want to win, he doesn't even care.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad