Do you want Milan Lucic on the oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Well see. The guy presents as a grade A moron already. Not sure if he was before hockey as well;

Really, to lucic handshake line after you lost a series is to say "***** I'm going to kill you" what a classless pos

Somebody shares my opinion, lol

who can forget this one; goes without words really

This is Ben Eager with talent. The village idiot of the NHL.

We get it, you have an agenda against him.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I like how less than 10% are not in favour of Lucic.

Why I was always intrigued as an Oiler fan includes the intelligence of the overall fan base.

Majority rules!

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
im thinking and hoping that Chia is using Hall, RNH and Drai as loss leaders to engage conversation on trades but has no interest to trade any of those 3 unless for a bonifide #1D. Trading for Hamonic or similar in a a joke and I would rather wait. Doesn't hurt to ask the world for any of them as GMs are ask the world for what the Oilers Want.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Some of the ones voting no are not even fans of the Oilers. At the same time some others on the band wagon voted yes as well.

Avenger*

If Lucic is signed it means someone up front is getting traded for a defenseman.

You assume as much. What if Chairelli can't get value for one of the players that would need to be moved? Then you are either taking penies on the dollar out of desperation to remain cap compliant or are stuck with more high priced forwards and virtually the same quality d-core.

Fixing the defense should be the number one priority. After that is done then you see what you can do from there.

No one can debate that defense is the biggest glaring need.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Whats your propsal to do that by throwing more money at the forward positions?

Signing Lucic makes it a lot easier to trade Hall if he could bring back a big return, or just Pouliot for lesser talent.

Not to mention Lucic plain and simple makes the team better

Avenger*

Signing Lucic makes it a lot easier to trade Hall if he could bring back a big return, or just Pouliot for lesser talent.

Not to mention Lucic plain and simple makes the team better

The idea behind trading Hall is to bring back as much value as possible to solidify the defense. Not to make a trade because he's the easiest to move when there's a cap crunch.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The idea behind trading Hall is to bring back as much value as possible to solidify the defense. Not to make a trade because he's the easiest to move when there's a cap crunch.

If Hall is available we will get some solid offers. Players like him don't hit the market often.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Lol this board is hilarious. Worst team in the league for 10 years no one wants to come here. We got the most high profile UFA since Pronger considering coming here and most of you:

...i dont know not at this price well in 6 years

LOL 6 years...lets first make the playoffs.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Pat Quinn is rolling over in his grave at the suggestion the Oilers don't need Milan Lucic.

I mean he basically said **** it and rolled JfJ on the first line to make a point.

JAM!

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
If Hall is available we will get some solid offers. Players like him don't hit the market often.

Exactly. They have been kicking tires for a year on a number of top pairing RHD's and want to get a trade done.

We HAVE to get a top pairing RHD for this season; it can't wait.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Pat Quinn is rolling over in his grave at the suggestion the Oilers don't need Milan Lucic.

I mean he basically said **** it and rolled JfJ on the first line to make a point.

JAM!

I was thinking about that a few days ago. Quinn understood the value in having players with different skills and strengths on the same line. The Oilers just didn't have enough jam it was all bread for Patty to work with.

Avenger*

I agree with you. Which is why you deal him first and then fill that position after the defense is fixed. Filling his position first when it's not vacant is ass backwards.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree with you. Which is why you deal him first and then fill that position after the defense is fixed. Filling his position first when it's not vacant is ass backwards.

I trust Chiarelli when he talked about the landscape of the available deal changing with each event (draft and UFA deadline).
The other thing you have to consider is that each team is going to have to protect players for the upcoming expansion draft and that will shake loose some players after July 1st as well. That is an entirely new wrinkle this year which will create more opportunity to get a quality dman.

Chiarelli is playing this exactly right IMO.

Avenger*

Lol this board is hilarious. Worst team in the league for 10 years no one wants to come here. We got the most high profile UFA since Pronger considering coming here and most of you:

...i dont know not at this price well in 6 years

LOL 6 years...lets first make the playoffs.

Every single hockey insider that has commented on Lucic has stated that 6x6 is a bad idea. Power forwards historically decline early due to the large amount of beating they take.

I'm already not keen on paying a 55 point player 6 million a season. Now consider that he will more then likely be producing half that if he doesn't adjust his game for the last half of the contract and that becomes a prime example of a buy out candidate.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
No it isn't, it's being proactive. Trading Hall for defense, only to open up a gaping hole on the wing and then hoping someone suitable is available as his replacement is something the OBC would do.

Avenger*

I trust Chiarelli when he talked about the landscape of the available deal changing with each event (draft and UFA deadline).
The other thing you have to consider is that each team is going to have to protect players for the upcoming expansion draft and that will shake loose some players after July 1st as well. That is an entirely new wrinkle this year which will create more opportunity to get a quality dman.

Chiarelli is playing this exactly right IMO.

The expansion draft is drastically over stated. Each team will lose a single player and teams aren't going to stop improving out of fear of losing a bottom 3 defender or bottom 6 forward. Hell, most teams have contracts they wish another team would take and leaving those players exposed might actually be favorable. Every franchise is in the same boat.

Avenger*

No it isn't, it's being proactive. Trading Hall for defense, only to open up a gaping hole on the wing and then hoping someone suitable is available as his replacement is something the OBC would do.

I'd sooner have to go looking for a forward then risk being up against the cap and having to deal a player for signifcantly less value to free up room to improve the defense.

Historically this team has done nothing but add to the forward group the last several years and done little to nothing to the d-core.

It's time to stop that cycle.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Every single hockey insider that has commented on Lucic has stated that 6x6 is a bad idea. Power forwards historically decline early due to the large amount of beating they take.

I'm already not keen on paying a 55 point player 6 million a season. Now consider that he will more then likely be producing half that if he doesn't adjust his game for the last half of the contract and that becomes a prime example of a buy out candidate.
Normally I agree but Lucic is unique even among power forwards. He's a special case and we have a special talent who made Maroon look like a top line player. I don't believe that at any point in the next 5-6 years Lucic will be a worse player than Maroon is now.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'd sooner have to go looking for a forward then risk being up against the cap and having to deal a player for signifcantly less value to free up room to improve the defense.

Historically this team has done nothing but add to the forward group the last several years and done little to nothing to the d-core.

It's time to stop that cycle.
There is nothing to suggest signing Lucic is going to screw up the return the Oilers get for one of their current forwards.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Hall will net a very good d-man, maybe not a real number, but definitely Hamonic+.
Is Lucic, Hamonic and say a good prospect worth it? I'd say yes. But ideally, they should move any combination of RNH, Pouliot, Yakupov, Eberle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad