Do you think the building of the core is done?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do we have our core for the future?

• Yes

Votes: 84 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 156 65.0%

• Total voters

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Going to need a top pairing D. Hutson has skill for it but so small. Over long term not sure how that work out

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Looks like a good mix of offense and defense, and has enough size. But we need to see what levels each player reaches.

Probably also need to trade one LD and get one more RD.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Reinbacher
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Looks like a good mix of offense and defense, and has enough size. But we need to see what levels each player reaches.

Probably also need to trade one LD and get one more RD.
Good, but I have feeling missing that true #1.

Reactions: 26Mats

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good, but I have feeling missing that true #1.
It's so deep though. You don't need a superstar number one if you've got a bunch of guys who can share that role.

Obviously we'll have to see how good these guys are. So young and unproven. But I wouldn't write anyone off. All have great skill and most have size. I think that blueline looks pretty good.

Reactions: MoneyManny
Apr 28, 2010
Assuming Dach will be healthy, I think the rebuild is done. We can always retool. Time for the guys to take their games to the next level. Since HuGo took over, I think they have drafted well, imo. No more excuses. If we get another top 5 pick next summer, that would mean our player development is simply not working out. I'd look into replacing the people behind the scenes working with our prospects.

If we miss the playoffs by two points, so be it. To me that means they're improving and starting to play some meaningful, intense hockey. That's the progress I want to see next season.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
This core isn’t cup material, not nearly deep enough.

Right now, they have a decent first line and then some other nice pieces but line 2 thru 4 are not nearly good enough. They need another top 6 forward, possibly two.

D looks ok but only time will tell.

Goaltending, future looks good.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
The D and G looks good
I think we could use another stud winger and centre next draft as I don't think we will make the playoffs again.

Hage could be that C, who knows

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not if you have a bunch of really strong blueliners across the top 2 pairings.

Agreed. Right now today, Hutson is on both my PP units but on the 3rd pairing at 5/5. If we have Hutson with a physical stay at home guy on the bottom pairing and 4 studs in our top 2 pairings, we can win.

We don't really need a Makar. Nice to have but rare to acquire.

I'm leaning on Reinbacher with Guhle. That's one pairing that can both move the puck and shut you down. Then I wonder who we have with Mailloux. Xhekaj or Engstrom? A lot depends on how much development/growth they have in the next two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad