Do the Panthers actually get away with everything?

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Not to mention Draisaitl blatantly elbowed Barkov, took him out for the rest of that game, plus another, and no suspension or even fine

After that, the clowns were storming on here, saying he purposely missed the rest of a 2-1 game in Gm 2 of the SCFs, so he can get Draisaitl suspended, and came back for Gm 3 perfectly fine.

Booooohooooo the Panthers are mean.

TurboLemon

Mar 11, 2013
Is keeping calls even a hockey only thing? I don't see that in the NFL. Also, is it a newer thing? I seem to remember >10 years ago people always complaining when calls weren't even and now they are.
Kerry Fraser, ref from 1973-2010, used to have a column on TSN. Most of his articles revolved around game management and how he controlled the game. Confirmed WWE on ice pretty much. Still love the game, but I'm never going to put money on it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yes and no. It seems like a lot of teams at the peak of their success (Florida, Boston, LA, St Louis) get away with a ton. I think it's because they make so many infractions that the refs try to manage the game and only call some infractions.

They're still a very good team and deserve their accolades. They just know how to "game the system".

ijuka

May 14, 2016
They're a big subscriber to the "they can't call everything" philosophy. Which means they have a good read on NHL officiating because those dickheads don't even call half of it.
Yeah. Either you play super clean, or you make 500 infractions because only like half a dozen will get called.

That's because of this stupid NHL officiating where they don't just call penalties as they happen but they have rationale like "well I can't call 20 penalties against the same team in one period" yes you can, call by the rulebook or change the rules.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Kerry Fraser, ref from 1973-2010, used to have a column on TSN. Most of his articles revolved around game management and how he controlled the game. Confirmed WWE on ice pretty much. Still love the game, but I'm never going to put money on it.
Are you kidding? There’s no better time to bet! With Fanduel, BetMGM, bet365, draftkings, and many many more, it is now easier than ever to bet on your favorite NHL team or player. What are you waiting for? Join millions right now, all from the comfort of your home. You’re just a few clicks away!!

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
That clip is pretty self explanatory. Bumps right into to goalie, rips his stick out of his hand, comes back around the net from behind and crosschecks the goalie…

wtf are you watching? Yes, he bumped into the goalie but the goalie speared him in the mid section of course the stick is gonna come along

Reactions: Laus723

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
1730023470941.gif

Reactions: MaWa and teugen

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
I have no idea why goalie interference isn't called more often... you don't need to wait for the play to develop and for a goal to be under review.

From the current rulebook:

69.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate). In all cases where the infraction being imposed is to the attacking player for hindering the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely in his goal crease, the penalty to be assessed is for goalkeeper interference.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Remember the Leafs and their days of truculence? They ingrained the modern notion that the refs wouldn't call everything so crank up the dirty play. The Leafs just never were that successful with it due to never having a contending team.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That clip is pretty self explanatory. Bumps right into to goalie, rips his stick out of his hand, comes back around the net from behind and crosschecks the goalie…
“Rips goalies stick out of hand...”. Goalie jabs his stick at Tkachuk, Tkachuk skating past causes stick to “hook” him and the goalie let’s his stick go.
At least be accurate while you are bitching. ;)

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Is keeping calls even a hockey only thing? I don't see that in the NFL. Also, is it a newer thing? I seem to remember >10 years ago people always complaining when calls weren't even and now they are.
Please don't compare the NHL refs to literally the worst refs in professional sports for any reason. I would say that the WWE or whatever it's called now has more unbiased fare referee-ing than the NFL.

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
I won a boatload off my bet, so I'm just gonna let the "Stanley Cup Winner" play playoff hockey.

“Rips goalies stick out of hand...”. Goalie jabs his stick at Tkachuk, Tkachuk skating past causes stick to “hook” him and the goalie let’s his stick go.
At least be accurate while you are bitching. ;)

At least know the rules when you complain about others complaining, lol.

If you intentionally interfere with a goalie, anywhere, it's 2 minutes. Thankfully the officials can't read so basically every team can get away with it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There's plenty of guys on FLA that play a clean game, Tkachuk is just different. Love the clip through, looked like 3 minor penalties (maybe 4 if you count his swipes after the goal) and a goal waived off for interference.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I won a boatload off my bet, so I'm just gonna let the "Stanley Cup Winner" play playoff hockey.

At least know the rules when you complain about others complaining, lol.

If you intentionally interfere with a goalie, anywhere, it's 2 minutes. Thankfully the officials can't read so basically every team can get away with it.
I’m talking specifically about the part where he was saying Tkachuk ripped the stick out of goalie’s hand.
Which didn’t happen....

It’s either matching minors, or you just let them play.

• Haha
Reactions: Over the volcano

Juicy Pop

Tank Commander Fedotov
Apr 26, 2014
Wilkes Barre
I’m talking specifically about the part where he was saying Tkachuk ripped the stick out of goalie’s hand.
Which didn’t happen....

It’s either matching minors, or you just let them play.

Yeah, how dare we follow the rulebook lol.

69.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate). In all cases where the infraction being imposed is to the attacking player for hindering the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely in his goal crease, the penalty to be assessed is for goalkeeper interference.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yeah, how dare we follow the rulebook lol.

Could’ve easily called Tkachuk for bumping into the goalie. But let’s just overlook what the goalie did with his stick as Tkachuk skated past as we’re preaching about following the rule book. Matching minors before Tkachuk ever came back out in front of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad