Do the Oilers miss the playoffs again...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Doubt they make it. They have approximately three proven top 6 players. One of them is McDavid so him alone will win some games but the rest of the team is pretty subpar. Poor wingers, still a trash top pair, bad depth all over, and unless Talbot can go god-mode like he did in 16-17 their chances aren't great. A lot of their division improved and improved pretty substantially.

Just not good enough. Fire the coach, move the GM upstairs as the new Director of Urinals, repeat.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
No. Yes. Maybe. Wait, what were you asking again..?

You missed your chance at:

Yes, no. Maybe. I don't know. Can you repeat the question.

whoever knows how to embed video, add in the very beginning of the Malcolm in the Middle opening song.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I wonder who will end up more out to lunch. The fans predicting the Oilers will be terrible this season, or the fans in last years thread that predicted the Oilers would be a cup contender with an even worse roster.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If they stay reasonably healthy, they will almost certainly be better than last year as I would expect bounce back years for Talbot and Klefbom and their special teams can't help but get better. I still don't like their depth though unless some of the young wingers step up or Lucic bounces back. I suspect they'll be a bubble team, and how their question marks pan out will determine whether or not they make it.

Reactions: Hippasus

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Likely in a battle for the third spot in the Pacific with the Ducks, Kings and Flames. Wildcard spots go to teams in the Central,

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
No, raised in Toronto. Moved there towards the end of highschool, but remained in school in TO.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
they can. that said I won't be surprised if they miss it.

it will be more surprising to see the Blackhawks miss it then the Oilers, but I think they are in.

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
It shall be interesting to see. With 1 more year under his belt, how far can McDavid carry the team? No big changes in the lineup, same coach. With good special teams I think they will make it.

63 posts to mention Special Teams... Kinda big

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

8LX7psQ

Apr 13, 2010
Say what?

Karlsson has been in the NHL for 9 years, played 627 games and has 126 goals, 392 assists for a total of 518 points. In no way is he, or can he be a one year wonder. Having pointed that out, he has never scored 35 (or more since you’re saying that 35 is 85% of some mythical number) goals in a year in his NHL career. Not sure where you’re getting your info.

Wrong Karlsson

Reactions: Seventyx7

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
They've actually got pretty good depth at forward.

It's basically just the top9 RW spots that are a bit of crap shoot unless Rattie, Puljujarvi and/or Yamamoto step up.

RNH(48 in 62) - McDavid(108 in 82) - Rattie(9 in 14)/Yamamoto(3 in 9)
Lucic(34 in 82) - Draisaitl(70 in 75) - Rieder(25 in 78)
Khaira(21 in 69) - Strome(34 in 82) - Puljujarvi(20 in 65)
Caggiula(20 in 67) - Brodziak(33 in 81) - Kassian(19 in 74)
Aberg(16 in 53), Upshall(19 in 63)/Chiasson(18 in 61)

Points and games from last season in parentheses.
Naming a pile of guys that are marginal NHLers is not good depth. Many of those guys are not NHL caliber.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
A LOT of people writing us off this year eh. Will be interesting to see what happens to say the least. Everyone on the team is absolutely pissed about last year and came to play. Whole team trained hard and is extremely motivated. Guess we have to just wait and watch.
After so many years in the basement I suspect they've gotten accustomed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad