Do the Oilers miss the playoffs again...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Say what?

Karlsson has been in the NHL for 9 years, played 627 games and has 126 goals, 392 assists for a total of 518 points. In no way is he, or can he be a one year wonder. Having pointed that out, he has never scored 35 goals in a year in his NHL career. Not sure where you’re getting your info.

He was probably talking about William.

neXis

Jan 3, 2016
They won't make the POs, I have them finishing 6th in the division. I have the Pacific teams finishing in this order:

1. San Jose - y
2. Vegas - x
3. LA - x
4. Anaheim
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

Gonna be demoralizing for McD to only sniff the playoffs once in the last four years. Question for Oilers fans...if this season goes to hell, again, do you think McD will want out of Edmonton?

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
They won't make the POs, I have them finishing 6th in the division. I have the Pacific teams finishing in this order:

1. San Jose - y
2. Vegas - x
3. LA - x
4. Anaheim
5. Calgary
6. Edmonton
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

Gonna be demoralizing for McD to only sniff the playoffs once in the last four years. Question for Oilers fans...if this season goes to hell, again, do you think McD will want out of Edmonton?

No.

And lets wait and see if that happens, he's only played one season there with them missing.

One full season anyway.

Pretty incredible that he's never played a full season where he wasn't the leadidng scorer,.

Also the Season NEVER goes the way everyone projects. (The Consensus)

Because there are ALWAYS teams who dissapoint and teams who surprise.

I'm no expert on predictions I'm pretty bad overall but one thing I got right last year was the three atlantic teams, even got the order almost right. I said Tampa Toronto Boston I know its the Gospel to say those 3 Atlantic teams now but before last season people would say things like Montreal, (I was crucified by most for making a DO people really think Montreal is a playofflock? thread( Ottawa, even some with Fla/Buf/Det but not many. I would brag about that but then I looked at my other division predictions. LOL

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I always want to believe they will, but they always manage to mess it up somehow.

Not always.

There was that one time.

lol, but people like the jump the gun so much on here.

No one has any patience with coaches, prospects, teams, if someone does something for a few games they are THAT.

I get in your example if your talking about the franchise in general since aquiring high picks and your not wrong.

But I mean in this McDavid era they've only REALLY dissapointed once. As I pointed out he's played one full season with them missing. And they made it and got to game 7 of the 2nd round in the other.

We should give them another year before calling the Oilers a one hit-wonder or chokers or ya know....(for the McDavid era)

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
A LOT of people writing us off this year eh. Will be interesting to see what happens to say the least. Everyone on the team is absolutely pissed about last year and came to play. Whole team trained hard and is extremely motivated. Guess we have to just wait and watch.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Out of the 7 Pacific teams, the only one that will probably miss the playoffs is Vancouver. The other 6 teams are an injury or 2 from missing or getting some good luck to get in. If I were predicting the division order based on todays lineup with no injuries it would look like this to me.

1. San Jose
2. Los Angeles
3. Anaheim
4. Vegas
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
In for Vegas are Patches and statsny. Out are Neal and Perron. So, pretty much a push at worse.

Not having Schmidt for 20 games will hurt.

Main thing for them is whether karlsson is a one year wonder or if he can at least produce 85% of what he did last year. Can he get around 35 goals?

If karlsson is good for close to what he did last year they make the playoffs.

Any of cal, Edm, LA, And Ana could take the last top 3 spot.

Oilers are a bubble team. Can go either way. But I would bet that if they miss both GM and Coach are fired.
and Shea Theodore holding out hurts too

not enamored with Vegas' defense to be honest...yes they have Fleury but I expect Engelland and McNabb to come back down to Earth...same with Miller

real unpredictable team IMO

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Out of the 7 Pacific teams, the only one that will probably miss the playoffs is Vancouver. The other 6 teams are an injury or 2 from missing or getting some good luck to get in. If I were predicting the division order based on todays lineup with no injuries it would look like this to me.

1. San Jose
2. Los Angeles
3. Anaheim
4. Vegas
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

bless your heart

Reactions: GreeningOil

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Not always.

There was that one time.

lol, but people like the jump the gun so much on here.

No one has any patience with coaches, prospects, teams, if someone does something for a few games they are THAT.

I get in your example if your talking about the franchise in general since aquiring high picks and your not wrong.

But I mean in this McDavid era they've only REALLY dissapointed once. As I pointed out he's played one full season with them missing. And they made it and got to game 7 of the 2nd round in the other.

We should give them another year before calling the Oilers a one hit-wonder or chokers or ya know....(for the McDavid era)

The Oilers had too many chances to be good. Like they were going the right direction and it was enough once they drafted RNH, they should've been a consistent playoff team from there that looked at least promising. Now with McDavid they absolutely can't mess this up, he should be their last chance. If McDavid ends up asking for a trade because of the Oilers being bad, then Katz HAS to change something about this team before he turns into Eugene Melnyk. And I mean hire the best he can bring to the Oilers with good resumes, because the one thing that has been such cancer on their Oilers is management and most often coaching. Can't really put my finger to it, but if I were the owner of the Oilers I'd do something about it right away.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see them win, but I have been believing in them for so long that I can almost never take them seriously anymore.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I can't see the Oilers being worse than last year, but the Pacific is sneaky tough. I have them in 5th in the division (ahead of LA, Arizona, Vancouver) and I think that puts them about 9th. I think they'll be in the chase until the end.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015

1. San Jose
2. Los Angeles
3. Anaheim
4. Vegas
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Arizona
8. Vancouver

The Pacific is a tough one to call. You could take Anaheim, Vegas, Edmonton and Calgary and flip positions all over. It’s a tough one for sure.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
That Lucic contract is gross. I don't think he ever breaks 35 points again. They still don't have a legitimate #1 defenseman unless you consider Klefbom which I believe is an open question.

If McDavid ever goes down with injury they are in HUGE trouble. The depth is not there. Puljajarvi must become a 60 p + winger in the mold of Nylander Ehlers etc. if the Oilers are going to score enough.

I don't think that's a playoff team. Maybe McDavid can carry them to greatness though.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I think they miss but are in the playoff mix until late in the season if Talbot bounces back. Without Sekera, I don't expect their PP to be much improved as they never made any roster moves to help them in that regard.

Reactions: Hippasus

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Every team is a key injury or 2 from missing the playoffs. Even without injuries it’s tonhard to predict. Even San Jose could miss the playoffs if things don’t go right for them.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I see them as a bubble team, but if everything goes right sort of like it did in 16-17 then they can possibly make it. If Talbot comes back to his previous form and if they get some much needed scoring on the wing from Yamamoto and Puljujarvi and maybe have Nurse and Klefbom chip in more offensively from the blue line then they could surprise some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad