Prospect Info: Dmitri Kostenko, RHD, - (Traded KHL Spartak 2024-2025)

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Since journalism standards died a number of years ago, I try to keep aware that anything I read may be biased. On the face of it sounds awful, but I am sure HUGO figure it out.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since journalism standards died a number of years ago, I try to keep aware that anything I read may be biased. On the face of it sounds awful, but I am sure HUGO figure it out.

it's certainly a red flag that he's been moved around so much between teams, but he's young and sometimes you need to be punched in the mouth to change you attitude or outlook, if that's the case here. If it is, he will either realize he's got to grow up or he won't get the message and his talent won't take him far enough.

I do like his offensive game though, good with the puck from what i've seen. D always needed work though.

Reactions: yianik

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It is pretty rare to see a manager cut a promo publicly on a player like that. Kostenko must have REALLY pissed him off something fierce.

It also says a lot about Gusev's character a well....sounds like a real scumbag.

He should shut his mouth like any good professional would do instead of going out of his way to bury the kid. I am not saying that he isn't correct in his observations as I don't have any insight but speaking that way about this kid is incredibly unprofessional and smells of ego and a sense of superiority.

Reactions: bopeep

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It also says a lot about Gusev's character a well....sounds like a real scumbag.

He should shut his mouth like any good professional would do instead of going out of his way to bury the kid. I am not saying that he isn't correct in his observations as I don't have any insight but speaking that way about this kid is incredibly unprofessional and smells of ego and a sense of superiority.

what seemed odd is he's trashing this kid so bad yet he's the one who traded for him, didn't he talk to Spartak to see what he was getting?

He played 22 games for this GM and was so terrible yet if he had 1 more assist, no blueliner on his team would have had more points then he had assists. Yurga dressed 16 blueliners this past season, Kostenko had 20 pts, the other 15 had a total of 82 points, which means in less then half a season he put up over 20% of the entire blueline's offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad