Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7

Who is the Sens 7th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 31.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Andonovski has the clearest route to a role in the league, albiet lower ceiling. Lots of cup of coffee players, not many full time guys

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah Donovan and Andonovski should have been voted before Merilainen IMO... but too late I guess

Bourgault I can understand based on his first 2 pro seasons but the guy could easily re-establish himself as a legit good NHL prospect

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Merilainen should have been picked ahead of Sogaard.

It's your opinion. I have never seen him ranked ahead of Sogaard before and most seem to think Sogaard has more potential. It'd be great if one of them hits but we have to be patient... Daccord has gotten pretty good for example (although we had no choice to give him up)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Looking at the list is depressing.
Almost like we traded 1,2,3 for Debricat, 1,2,2 for Chychrun, 2,4 to get rid of Zaitsev. Hope I got the picks right. There is alot going on there. Lol. Drafted Boucher and botched a couple drafts too. Botched trades selling players during the rebuild too. I think we should blame Staios and Poulin though.

....aaaannnndd GO!

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Almost like we traded 1,2,3 for Debricat, 1,2,2 for Chychrun, 2,4 to get rid of Zaitsev. Hope I got the picks right. There is alot going on there. Lol. Drafted Boucher and botched a couple drafts too. Botched trades selling players during the rebuild too. I think we should blame Staios and Poulin though.

....aaaannnndd GO!

Just for accounting purposes, might also mention Ben Roger (a 2nd) and Filip Nordberg (a 2nd), who will not be in this top 10.

So that's a 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, and 4 out just from DeBrincat, Chychrun, Zaitsev, Boucher, Roger and Nordberg, with a 1 (used on Ullmark) and a 3 coming back.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Just for accounting purposes, might also mention Ben Roger (a 2nd) and Filip Nordberg (a 2nd), who will not be in this top 10.

So that's a 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, and 4 out just from DeBrincat, Chychrun, Zaitsev, Boucher, Roger and Nordberg, with a 1 (used on Ullmark) and a 3 coming back.
I put Roger and Nordberg in the botched drafts. Just highlighted Boucher because he was such a high pick.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Dorion's win-now pivot (starting July 2022 with DeBrincat) happened after Melnyk passed away in March 2022. I don't think this was pressure from ownership, I think it was a very stupid general manager who was desperate to keep his job.
Poor Dorion he had been suffering of a Covid long term side effect the foggy brain.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

....aaaannnndd GO!
Give them time to screw up. :)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I think you got the picks right, you could even add that it took 3rd + 7th to get rid of 75% of the last 2 years of Murray's contract. Do we add the 1st that we’ll have to forfeit for the Dadonov fiasco here? We're getting a 3rd back in the Chychrun trade and a 4th in the DeBrincat trade though so I removed them!

3 x 1st
4 x 2nd
1 x 3rd
1 x 7th

Not bad... of course let's not talk about Zibanejad and Duchene fiascos as it was a long time ago!

Note : There's many other moves not accounted here

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Donovan has the better motor, but Andonovski is the smarter & much better all around player.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I think you got the picks right, you could even add that it took 3rd + 7th to get rid of 75% of the last 2 years of Murray's contract. Do we add the 1st will have to forfeit for the Dadonov fiasco here? We're getting a 3rd back in the Chychrun trade and a 4th in the DeBrincat trade though so I removed them!

3 x 1st
4 x 2nd
1 x 3rd
1 x 7th

Not bad... of course let's not talk about Zibanejad and Duchene fiascos as it was a long time ago!

Note : There's many other moves not accounted here
It's just amazing. When we got Debrincat I was pumped...then found out what his contract was, that we hadn't talked about an extention, heard him talk and watched him play, found out even if he wanted to stay the cap was all messed up. For Chychrun I was pumped too. A left shot that could play right side. Then found out he HAD played the right side, but wasn't good at it and he was the same player as Chabot. Murray I could see it, OK..take a chance and see...then the contract..what why? I want to be a fan knowing that the team is doing it's best. Dorion was a trade junkie selling off the house piece by piece to get his fix. With the 4th round picks this year, posters called the picks. They knew what penalties Yak took last season and our scouts didn't. Andlaeur bought a turd for 950m. The more time goes by the more we see. Lights fixed, training and medical facilities modernized. They used the word modernized, not upgraded. How long do you let something slide until it becomes outdated? Did this play a part in why the players are hurt all the time? The pundits for the last few years have been saying Ottawa will make a push for the playoffs or make a wild card spot. This year it's the opposite. Same old Sens until they prove it. So I think the opposite will happen. We make the playoffs.

I don't rant very often. Sorry folks.

Reactions: Xspyrit and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad