OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Called it a tear as soon as he went down. Was shocked he was allowed to walk off the field. Very reckless, imo.

There was literally no time between the foul, the whistle, and the kick. It was all basically at the same time.

It was a deliberate foul. He ran full speed and tackled Silva. He knew it was a foul. Referee knew it was a foul. Everyone in the stadium knew it was a foul. He's not going to convince the referee how he thought it was a clean tackle and that the kick was an attempted pass.

Refs aren't stupid. They know what's going on when someone deliberately fouls another player and kicks the ball away.

Like i said. Dumb from Trossard.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It was a deliberate foul. He ran full speed and tackled Silva. He knew it was a foul. Referee knew it was a foul. Everyone in the stadium knew it was a foul. He's not going to convince the referee how he thought it was a clean tackle and that the kick was an attempted pass.

Refs aren't stupid. They know what's going on when someone deliberately fouls another player and kicks the ball away.

Like i said. Dumb from Trossard.
Nah. Guys play the ball right after a foul ALL THE f***ING TIME.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Nah. Guys play the ball right after a foul ALL THE f***ING TIME.

Yes. And they are getting booked for it this season since the referees are doubling down on it.

Dermot Gallagher (former PL ref): "No [there can be no complaints], because it's a foul [on Silva], there's no doubt about that. Would the player have have kicked the ball away like that if there was no foul and pause in play?

"Most certainly not because he's not going to pass to Martinelli like that. I feel for him because he's gone to pull out but the damage is already done. "We've already seen it earlier this season that referees are very hard on it this season. He should know better than to do it. The referees have said they'll be hard and fast on it. You could show me one or two where they've got away, but by and large, referees have been very strong on this.

"If one player gets away with it, it's not justification for another player to say 'I'm being punished'."

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I guess I disagree with the premise that he wasn’t passing to/clearing the ball in the direction of Martinelli so he could chase it.

This seems an absurd bar and one I expect to receive new saner guidance after a little while. I understand what they are trying to do but the application is flawed, sadly as expected.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
We are going in circles with this argument so have to just agree to disagree and drop it. But i don't mind this rule change. If you ran over someone full speed and kick the ball away trying to score a goal from the half-way line i still prefer it to be a booking because it's obvious time wasting. There are scenarios where the initial foul is questionable and the refs should be more lenient but this was not it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Until they mark down to the second how much time is "wasted" and needs to be recovered with extra time at the end of a half, and define what "wasting" is in that context, I think it's just fussiness that gives the refs an extra bit of power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad