TSN: Dion almost signed? Mod warning post #277

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd add to that the he also has no 2nd pairing to rely on.

A serviceable No2 pairing could help ease some of the load off our top pairing.

Agreed, no one to share the load.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
If a d man cannot handle a third of the game when there is 3 pairings they shouldn't be considered top 4 dmen :)

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Challenge accepted!

Chara gets absolutely dangled.

Suter pinches in poorly, completely misses the puck. Look what happens..

I could continue, but I just want you to understand these things happen when you're playing 25+ minutes a night, especially as bad as the rest of the Leafs defenders are after Dion Phaneuf in the depth chart.

Every defenseman makes mistakes. Phaneuf makes them more frequently than other #1 dmen making his kind of money. That is the point us "uneducated" Leaf fans make.

Salgari

Apr 29, 2004
www.myspace.com
Challenge accepted!

Chara gets absolutely dangled.

Suter pinches in poorly, completely misses the puck. Look what happens..

I could continue, but I just want you to understand these things happen when you're playing 25+ minutes a night, especially as bad as the rest of the Leafs defenders are after Dion Phaneuf in the depth chart.

Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Every defenseman makes mistakes. Phaneuf makes them more frequently than other #1 dmen making his kind of money. That is the point us "uneducated" Leaf fans make.

How do you know this? Unless you're watching the other 29 teams in the league as much as you watch Dion (and watch them with the same shift-by-shift analysis), you just don't know this.

Let me guess "Actually, I watch quite a few Bruins/Phx/StL games".

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I don't buy the notion that a true # 1 needs others to make him look good. It should be the other way around. A true #1 elevates the play of others around him. Then you have Phaneuf.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

He told me to show him when other #1 makes mistakes in moments like the Stanley Cup playoffs. I did.

To try and say that Phaneuf makes more mistakes, but yet, no evidence to support this shows how clear your bias is. He's a positive player on a team with more goals against. And yet he doesn't have half the help that the Keith's and Chara's of the World.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I don't buy the notion that a true # 1 needs others to make him look good. It should be the other way around. A true #1 elevates the play of others around him. Then you have Phaneuf.

So you think Duncan Keith makes Seabrook good? Or Chara makes Seidenberg good?

Dion has a positive effect while on the ice.. Not sure how you're suppose to make your team-mates better with poor turnovers like Gunnarsson's last night.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
How do you know this? Unless you're watching the other 29 teams in the league as much as you watch Dion (and watch them with the same shift-by-shift analysis), you just don't know this.

Let me guess "Actually, I watch quite a few Bruins/Phx/StL games".

Conversely the same could be said to you. What's your point? That's why it's an opinion, it's not something you can quantifiably turn into a fact. From what I have seen From Phaneuf he iis prone to boneheaded mistakes at times. Though this year he has limited them. That being said, the season isn't over I have seen much more poor play from Phaneuf than the level he's playing at now. IMO.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

If making things up is considered a "point" then it seems you belong to the right club.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

Now now that logic only works for Forwards and goalies, not #1 dmen!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
bump

Oh, we're posting videos, am I doing this right?

Nope. This was already posted saying that Dion is the only #1 d man that makes these kind of mistakes. So I showed him other #1 defenseman who do.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
If making things up is considered a "point" then it seems you belong to the right club.

Making things up? It's my opinion, as you yourself have one. If you don't like hearing other's opinions I suggest you stop reading and writing on a forum.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

But he has been great. I don't understand what people expect from him.

Nobody is saying he's a Norris trophy candidate. He's a solid #1 defenseman with little support.

I think he's carried most of our defenseman through some ****** inconsistent play. Some people here think he cannot do mistakes defensively or offensively, which is bullsh**.

I don't know what fans expect out of him. They think he should be a flawless defenseman that can put up 20 goals to justify an extension of his contract.

Mind boggling stuff from a lot of people.

I've seen a lot of crappy defensive plays from supposed top franchise defenseman this year. I guess I can only suggest to watch other teams to realize that it happens to the best of them.

wulfio*

Nope. This was already posted saying that Dion is the only #1 d man that makes these kind of mistakes. So I showed him other #1 defenseman who do.

Dion would have a lot more videos if he ever played in games that mattered. But that doesn't mean anything right, advanced stats tells us he's god.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
But he has been great. I don't understand what people expect from him.

Nobody is saying he's a Norris trophy candidate. He's a solid #1 defenseman with little support.

I think he's carried most of our defenseman through some ****** inconsistent play. Some people here think he cannot do mistakes defensively or offensively, which is bullsh**.

I don't know what fans expect out of him. They think he should be a flawless defenseman that can put up 20 goals to justify an extension of his contract.

Mind boggling stuff from a lot of people.

People will always continue to move the sticks on the argument of Dion being a #1. Now they are saying mistakes are the reason why, with very little proof as every other defenseman makes mistakes.

People if NHL players didn't make mistakes, there'd be no GOALS!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Dion would have a lot more videos if he ever played in games that mattered. But that doesn't mean anything right, advanced stats tells us he's god.

Well you're just assuming. :laugh:

For him to get to a game that mattered, we'd need some defensive help.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
He told me to show him when other #1 makes mistakes in moments like the Stanley Cup playoffs. I did.

To try and say that Phaneuf makes more mistakes, but yet, no evidence to support this shows how clear your bias is. He's a positive player on a team with more goals against. And yet he doesn't have half the help that the Keith's and Chara's of the World.

This season yes he has been fantastic. As stated, small sample size. It's amazing how people love stats when they are in their favor. We are all bias, except I myself have admitted that he's played well this season. Many of you are unable (pride? Bias?) to admit when he ever makes a mistake. It's always someone else.

Talk about bias when your name has Dion in it. Lmao.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
This season yes he has been fantastic. As stated, small sample size. It's amazing how people love stats when they are in their favor. We are all bias, except I myself have admitted that he's played well this season. Many of you are unable (pride? Bias?) to admit when he ever makes a mistake. It's always someone else.

I never said he doesn't make mistakes. I'm saying everyone makes mistakes.. Doesn't mean you're not a #1.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Making things up? It's my opinion, as you yourself have one. If you don't like hearing other's opinions I suggest you stop reading and writing on a forum.

If you want to form an opinion on made up stuff, fill your boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad