GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean, he brought on board Bowman... who aside from the atrocious handling of Beech's case, had a long, incredibly mediocre to awful tenure as a nepo baby GM. Front office continues to not address what needs addressing in the off-season.
Bowman's just another buddy buddy hire that required zero effort on the Oilers' part. Same as Holland, Chiarelli, et al.

Shoring up the defense would be a very good start.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
their risk of a patchwork defense and "accruing cap space until we can afford a decent defenseman" plan has been a disaster since the beginning pre-season
like I said since the summer...Stanley Cup contenders are rarely looking for good top 4 d-men during the season
I think they were willing to give it a chance but I don’t think their leash is very long.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
High danger chances is at least a somewhat defined metric that people try to apply equally across all games.

You’re just stating an opinion on what kind of shot you think they were and why they didn’t go in.

But hey, I get it. Some people will never blame a goalie. I ain’t that person. An NHL goalie needs to make saves to win. Skinner was trash and did not give his team even the slightest chance to win tonight.
I don’t disagree, but everyone has been trash. No one is giving this team a chance to win tonight.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
After 40 minutes, the 2nd and 3rd pairs are already changed. Anyone surprised?
1728533293579.png

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
good god that an embarrassing bottom 2 pairs...especially for a "Cup contender"
Bowland's master plan.
Don't say it too loud in here. Emberson and Dermott are off limits. Like I said, wont even get quarter way through and both guys will be whipping boys by then by the same guys who can't see no wrong. Can't have guys like that on a cup contender playing a 3/4/5 role. Throw in Stetcher in there... 🤮Hell no.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad