GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Emberson is a young player who has only played 30 games and is being tested next to a guy very difficult to play with, I see no reason to pile on. Give the guy a chance.
Less that, Nurse can be an adventure, but you still need to get in the right spots and make plays.

I see this as something we’ve seen with the Oilers in the past, expecting a young player to handle a pairing above where should be.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
What does that have to do with not scoring goals?

It only matters in that they were once again dicking around as years past, which is also on the coach. Rookie shit preseason camp wasting time figuring out the 14th forward and 7th D instead of building some chemistry
I kept saying this. Too much screwing around

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
2nd goal was a routine shot Hellbuck stops 10X a game. Skinner down, small, getting beat like a rod hockey goalie. First one bounces in off his pad on an INTENDED deflection off his pad. I mean its what we got in net.
I mean Hellebucyk got beat clean by a shot from farther out at a worse angle, but was saved by the post.

Reactions: McTedi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I think it was expected they would look worse than in the playoffs. They lost Ceci (top 4 d-man), Kane (top 6 forward), Foegele (a 40 point contributor), and a bunch of bottom half guys (Holloway, McLeod, Desharnais and Broberg to boot). That's more than last year when they lost Kostin and Bjugstad. Some new guys have pedigree, but may need time to gel with the team. We'll see.
It was expected. But so many people here figured RV and Skinner were redhot ringer wingers coming in here. They were additions that weren't even wanted by their former clubs. Team is worse than the playoff lineup, not sure how it can be argued.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Less that, Nurse can be an adventure, but you still need to get in the right spots and make plays.

I see this as something we’ve seen with the Oilers in the past, expecting a young player to handle a pairing above where should be.
Playing with Nurse is like playing on a pairing too high on its own.

dylagierda

Oct 8, 2024
You could pick up Kostin at 50% for Perry or something. We desperately need some oomf. Not based on that period by the way, but we've lost a huge amount of crash and bang. Top six is entirely anemic physically, each and every player. Looking like Podkolzin is going to be the lone player in the forward group capable of routinely laying the body.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It was expected. But so many people here figured RV and Skinner were redhot ringer wingers coming in here. They were additions that weren't even wanted by their former clubs. Team is worse than the playoff lineup, not sure how it can be argued.
They will have to add a top 4 d-man and a top6/top 9 forward at the deadline.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad