Value of: Difference in value between William Nylander and Brett Pesce

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Been lots of speculation around these 2 player and it seems like a natural fit if negotiations go south for both players so...

what would the difference in value be between Nylander and Pesce?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think the big questions here are: Are both being traded as 1 year rentals? Or are both being traded and signing long-term deals with the new team?

Personally, I think Nylander is worth a bit more in a scenario where both are being traded as 1 year rentals.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We literally have another thread where this was being actively discussed. Maybe keep the talk in there?

1688397831187.png

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
I don't see much difference in value. Toronto should do that trade straight up if offered.

They need to unload Nylander's contract anyways. The cap savings + Pesce being exactly what they need makes it a no brainer for Toronto.

Don't care what anyone here says about value, it's a great trade for the Leafs and they'd be crazy to pass it up.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
That’s a fair trade. I’d say Carolina adds a 3rd or one of their dozens of B prospects

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
It would be a good trade that works for both teams now, especially since Carolina adding Orlov.

Carolina desperately lacked scoring and Nylander is coming off of a 40 goal season. Toronto needs a top pairing RD to play with Reilly and fill a shut down role.

It makes sense and if I were Treliving, I’d be trying to hammer this one out. I’d say their value is about the same.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Pesce + Phillys 2nd for Nylander is the deal to get things done. That's a very fair trade for both teams.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I don't see much difference in value. Toronto should do that trade straight up if offered.

They need to unload Nylander's contract anyways. The cap savings + Pesce being exactly what they need makes it a no brainer for Toronto.

Don't care what anyone here says about value, it's a great trade for the Leafs and they'd be crazy to pass it up.
Cap savings is completely irrelevant when making a trade. In most situations. You don’t lose a trade like this just to open up cap space. You get his full value and figure out the rest.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Been lots of speculation around these 2 player and it seems like a natural fit if negotiations go south for both players so...

what would the difference in value be between Nylander and Pesce?
Nylander is a heck of a player but I don't think the Canes are a good fit long-term and that's not my bias because I want Pecse in Vancouver.

Nylander has already held out once and talks seem stalled this time as well.
The Canes seem like tough nuts and while they have cap-space now they need to keep that flexible for their own players.

As for who has more value, both are excellent players but for me Pecse plays the more valuable position and probably costs less on his next contract.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cap savings is completely irrelevant when making a trade. In most situations. You don’t lose a trade like this just to open up cap space. You get his full value and figure out the rest.
It’s definitely not completely irrelevant and I’m sure you could argue that it’s quite relevant. If you need to move out $3m after a trade like this that means you might have to lose a good player for nothing or trade someone with a decent sweetener attached. In a vacuum of looking at just on ice play it doesn’t matter but that doesn’t exist in the league, especially for teams that use the full cap like Toronto and Carolina.

Nylander + Brodie for Hanafin + Lindholm.
That’s not a good trade for Calgary

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Leafs should trade Nylander to Nashville for Askarov + 2nd

or Nylander+ for Askarov and Fabbro

Reactions: awegrzyn

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Leafs should trade Nylander to Nashville for Askarov + 2nd

or Nylander+ for Askarov and Fabbro
Askarov doesn't have that kind of value, no goalie prospect does. Fabbro has value but nowhere close to Nylander.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Jarvis scored 39 points last year. He's a good player but not exactly HOF calibre. I could easily see him included in a deal as the leafs will need help on RW.
I didn’t say he’s HOF caliber, I said he’s not getting traded in addition to Pesce for Nylander. It’s great you could easily see him included in a trade, it’s not gonna happen though

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I didn’t say he’s HOF caliber, I said he’s not getting traded in addition to Pesce for Nylander. It’s great you could easily see him included in a trade, it’s not gonna happen though

The other option is Necas. I imagine Jarvis would be easier to handle.

Nylander is an elite offensive player trending upward who is better than anyone on your team. You don't get those guys for nothing.

Pesce is a middle pairing D man. You would have to add to pry away Nylander. Plus you need to create more cap room anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad