Did the Rangers NOT sellout Monday's Game?

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Box score read 17,510 not 18,006. WTF? The Rangers sell-out streak ends this soon?
I can't imagine the Knicks will end soon, even teams like the Bruins and Canes sell out nightly.
What gives?

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
"even teams like the Bruins"... aren't the Bruins one of the best attended teams in the league? Seems weird, and almost insulting to them, that you'd refer to them this way.

Simplest explanation would be that both the Mets and Giants were playing as well so 500 people chose to do something around those games instead.
A more fun explanation is that 500 people decided to teach Lavi/Doaln/MSG a lesson for not playing Rempe by not turning up.
A more sinister explanation is that the foot clan has returned and the citizens of NYC don't feel safe to travel...

How long was the streak (I assume this is something that is tracked somewhere)? Does it include playoff games or do they get their own separate stats?

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
The equilibrium price is reached where demand and supply intersect. Translation: Dolan is charging too much for tickets. Microeconomics 101.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

True Blue 96

Jul 23, 2009
S. Huntington, NY
Ticket prices haven’t increased in two years, don’t think it’s Dolan that much. The issue is Ticketmaster and stub hub with the secondary fees. They take 10% from the seller and then up charge 20% on the listed price to the buyer. It’s absolutely criminal what they get away with. That monopoly is what hurting the ability to go to games for the everyday fans.

Reactions: BKGooner

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
I was at the game, it felt pretty empty and quiet throughout the game. Though I would note that they were competing with the ALCS/NLCS games and the Jets MNF game, combined with the fact that its an early season non-rivalry game. After the Smith goal to make it 3-1, a bunch of folks in my section started streaming the Yankees game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad